McCoys

First Name
Kai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Newbie here. Can I ask how much spring sag is too much?

I have about 750 lbs over stock on my Sahara.
Front dipped about 1.5 inch
Rear dipped about 1 inch

I only have less than 3.5 inches of travel left until i hit my bump stops.
Necessary to get better coils?
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Newbie here. Can I ask how much spring sag is too much?

I have about 750 lbs over stock on my Sahara.
Front dipped about 1.5 inch
Rear dipped about 1 inch

I only have less than 3.5 inches of travel left until i hit my bump stops.
Necessary to get better coils?
750 lbs of parts and accessories on stock suspension?

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
yes. including 70 lbs of tools in the back lol
When I had stock suspension under my Rubi, the headfirst would be fine on the way to the grocery store, but a couple weeks of supplies in the rear for me repeated flashes from oncoming traffic. It wasn't crazy sag, but enough to notice and not nearly the total added weight on your rear end. Plus, I believe the Sahara suspension is softer than that of a Rubicon.

Were you planning on lifting it? Most suspension lifts garner more than advertised height because they are designed with the intention of supporting the vehicle plus heavier mods, which bring it back down closer to advertised. This may be your next move, since you've already mentioned the concern of reduced travel.

OP
OP

McCoys

First Name
Kai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU
Vehicle Showcase
When I had stock suspension under my Rubi, the headfirst would be fine on the way to the grocery store, but a couple weeks of supplies in the rear for me repeated flashes from oncoming traffic. It wasn't crazy sag, but enough to notice and not nearly the total added weight on your rear end. Plus, I believe the Sahara suspension is softer than that of a Rubicon.

Were you planning on lifting it? Most suspension lifts garner more than advertised height because they are designed with the intention of supporting the vehicle plus heavier mods, which bring it back down closer to advertised. This may be your next move, since you've already mentioned the concern of reduced travel.
I'm honestly trying to refrain from spending more money on a suspension considering the amount of accessories I've spent on so far but looks like this is only way to go.

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm honestly trying to refrain from spending more money on a suspension considering the amount of accessories I've spent on so far but looks like this is only way to go.
If it's otherwise driving and handling fine and you're just concerned about the sag, than there's no rush. Give your wallet time to heal and forgive you, while planning the next attack.

AccuTunedJL

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
Definitely would recommend having at least 4-5" of up travel. As you save up for new springs, you may want to consider a good set of shocks to control all that added weight. Good shocks, possibly with adjusters can help keep the Jeep from bottoming out quickly when fully loaded. Fun hobby, just starts to add up real quick ;)
Sponsored