Sponsored

How much cheaper should leftover 18 JL models on the dealer lot be worth now?

Sippican

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Vehicle Showcase
I suspect FCA will need to offer a little more incentives to help get rid of the old '18 inventory. Maybe more cash or 0% financing. The extra $1000 Direct Marketing promo going on now should help.

The factory shutdown this month will stop supply for a few weeks. FCA raised prices too much and made too many JLs. FCA got too greedy and/or their sales forecasting teams miscalculated demand. Some buyers might be a a little gun shy buying a first year FCA product also. The frame weld, steering, and other Q/C issues for early JLs did not help with buyer confidence. The new Gladiator will probably poach some intended Wrangler sales also. Competition from the new Ford Bronco will probably steal some market share also.
I suspect they will give even bigger discounts 2018 JK's. No one wants them when they can get a JL in the same year.
Sponsored

Chance_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Going to call on a 2018 Rubi tomorrow. MSRP 49.5k, dealer is advertising 45k online. Going to try and get them down to 40 even.

lonz

First Name
Lonz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Order Jeep Wrangler JL
Going to call on a 2018 Rubi tomorrow. MSRP 49.5k, dealer is advertising 45k online. Going to try and get them down to 40 even.
Let us know what they say... I think 20% off MSRP would be pretty solid for a 2018.

Deriggs007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU SportS
Occupation
Radiologist
I suspect FCA will need to offer a little more incentives to help get rid of the old '18 inventory. Maybe more cash or 0% financing. The extra $1000 Direct Marketing promo going on now should help.

The factory shutdown this month will stop supply for a few weeks. FCA raised prices too much and made too many JLs. FCA got too greedy and/or their sales forecasting teams miscalculated demand. Some buyers might be a a little gun shy buying a first year FCA product also. The frame weld, steering, and other Q/C issues for early JLs did not help with buyer confidence. The new Gladiator will probably poach some intended Wrangler sales also. Competition from the new Ford Bronco will probably steal some market share also.

Where can I find the Direct marketing promo? If I can't show proof of this to a dealer then I can't take it to the dealer to request them to slash the price down. If you tell me that they can just search in a database, I guarantee you they will not do that where I'm at. I need to show proof of this on my own from my experiences.

When I bought my RAM (FCA as well) I qualified for over $5000 in incentives and unless I showed them all $5000, they would not give me a dime more than what was on the rebates straight from the RAM website.

Iamten7

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]Just bought a pretty much fully loaded ā€˜18 Rubicon JLU for $48k even. MSRP on it was $58k and some change. Got a little more than 17% off msrp!

I couldnā€™t say no.

5C727851-E272-4A5C-84A1-10E8B37F6153.jpeg

Sponsored

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
Just saw an advertisement from Jim March advertising 15% off msrp for ā€˜18s.

emptyminded42

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hellayella JLU Sport S 6MT, Forester XT
Occupation
Engineer
I'm going to bump this thread since it's still applicable.

There's a yellow 2018 JLU Sport S with hardtop and 6MT (only options) leftover on a local lot here.

MSRP is $37,235
They had it listed for $32,681 for several months and I went in to see if they'd do any more deals and they wouldn't give me any more than another $4-500 off. I wanted it for ~$31k so I could use the savings to buy a soft top or have them throw it in. They said no way.

They just dropped it to $32,181 last week and I'm curious what you folks think a suitable deal may be. I know there's a lot less profit in a 6MT Sport S with no options other than a hard top, so I can't see 25% off sticker is reasonable, even if it was built in August of 2018.

The trouble with 2019s and 2020s is yellow manual Sport S are hard to find and I really don't want to pay for premium audio, towing package, etc. and I refuse to buy an auto. I'd prefer to have the anti-spin rear diff and heated seats and steering wheel but I'd forgo it to get a really good deal.

Thoughts? $30k reasonable for a leftover '18 JLU Sport S hard top manual? Or $31k more realistic? I really want a yellow, stick shift JLU Sport S but to order a custom 2020 would cost easily several thousand more just because 8% under invoice is really as low as you can get.

NewJeeper489

First Name
Jonathon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler UJL punkā€™n
There are some 2018 JL's on some lots that are discounted.. But at this point they are a model year old, coming up on 2 model years once 2020 ordering starts in July...

How much of a discount is fair on these leftover 2018 JL's on the lots?
I just purchased a new 2018 JLU Sahara for 10,000 off sticker price

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8

There's a yellow 2018 JLU Sport S with hardtop and 6MT (only options) leftover on a local lot here.

MSRP is $37,235
They had it listed for $32,681 for several months and I went in to see if they'd do any more deals and they wouldn't give me any more than another $4-500 off. I wanted it for ~$31k so I could use the savings to buy a soft top or have them throw it in. They said no way.

They just dropped it to $32,181 last week and I'm curious what you folks think a suitable deal may be. I know there's a lot less profit in a 6MT Sport S with no options other than a hard top, so I can't see 25% off sticker is reasonable, even if it was built in August of 2018.

The trouble with 2019s and 2020s is yellow manual Sport S are hard to find and I really don't want to pay for premium audio, towing package, etc. and I refuse to buy an auto. I'd prefer to have the anti-spin rear diff and heated seats and steering wheel but I'd forgo it to get a really good deal.

Thoughts? $30k reasonable for a leftover '18 JLU Sport S hard top manual? Or $31k more realistic? I really want a yellow, stick shift JLU Sport S but to order a custom 2020 would cost easily several thousand more just because 8% under invoice is really as low as you can get.
Man, get in there and deal with these guys! They should be very motivated to sell, and its going to be hard to find exactly what you want unless you order and pay much more.

N8213

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 4XE, 20 C8, 20 Indian, 55 Studebaker truck
approach it from the other way - if this one sells what is the best option for you price/availability wise?

I'd grab it for what they are asking. Yes you can get a higher dollar figure off on a higher trim/more loaded up wrangler, that is a reasonable price.

Sponsored

NewJeeper489

First Name
Jonathon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler UJL punkā€™n

MSRP is $37,235

MSRP is $37,235

Just to give you another idea about the price here is South Carolina. They have a 2018 jl no miles 2.0 liter engine auto soft top for 28,500. I hope this helps with your pricing. I donā€™t think itā€™s a bad deal. The hard top that is on it is about 3-5 thousand added on. (Check Mopar prices on hard top)

emptyminded42

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Man, get in there and deal with these guys! They should be very motivated to sell, and its going to be hard to find exactly what you want unless you order and pay much more.
approach it from the other way - if this one sells what is the best option for you price/availability wise?

I'd grab it for what they are asking. Yes you can get a higher dollar figure off on a higher trim/more loaded up wrangler, that is a reasonable price.
Just to give you another idea about the price here is South Carolina. They have a 2018 jl no miles 2.0 liter engine auto soft top for 28,500. I hope this helps with your pricing. I donā€™t think itā€™s a bad deal. The hard top that is on it is about 3-5 thousand added on. (Check Mopar prices on hard top)
You guys are thinking like I am - my wife just wants to spend as little as possible. I'll try to get in contact with the sales guy I talked with last time and see if they have any more room to deal. We aren't trading anything in so I think it's unlikely they will budge more than a couple hundred bucks and frankly, a grand or two won't make or break our budgets if we keep the Jeep long enough. I love that it is already a hard top because it's pre-wired for defrost, wiper, and washer. Much easier to add a soft top than a hard top later.

Thanks everyone!

jefmad

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
I just bought a 2018 JLU Sport S for 17% off of sticker.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
A 2018 is a 2 year old vehicle now so there should be deals. There are more 2018 Wranglers left over and unsold on lots then any other 2018 model year vehicle. I think 19%-20% of 2018 Wranglers are still unsold on lots. That might give anyone interested a lot of leverage if they want one of them.

Probably a great opportunity to buy the last generation JK too. I wonder how many unsold 2018 Wranglers are JK verses JLs? 2018 was a transition year between the JK and JL. I wonder what the break down between unsold 2018 JK and 2018 JL is?

Last edited:

emptyminded42

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
I just bought my '18 Hellayella JLU Sport S w/ hardtop and 6MT for ~16% off MSRP.

MSRP $37,235
Sale price $31,235

It was by far the cheapest new yellow JLU Sport S with a stick, hard top in the country (that I could find on Autotrader). Dealers were asking for more money for base soft top Sport JLUs PLUS insane dealer fees of like $700-900. My doc fee was $250, which is standard for Ohio.

Deals can be made, but getting below 15% on a spartanly equipped Sport S is going to be hard, especially if you're picky on color and want a manual transmission. There's just not enough margin on them for dealers to discount much.

Sales guy said the end of the month volume push plus the dealer cash that Jeep was offering was the only way he'd be able to move it for that little. He said there was talk about Jeep pulling away the incentive cash soon so that's why his GM went for it. Take that with a grain of salt.
Sponsored