Sponsored

How much cheaper should leftover 18 JL models on the dealer lot be worth now?

B-man

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
I have a 2018 and love it. My radio does the cut out thing once every couple weeks. Other than that, it’s great. However, I’ve talked to people that own Jeep garages and they suggest waiting a couple years after the first year of a new generation to let FCA work th kinks out.
Sponsored

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I just bought a Black 2018 Rubicon 2.0L hard top, everything but the smokers package and block heater. 41.5k +TTL in the Houston area. This one had been on the lot for several months. Only had 4 miles so nobody was even test driving. Sticker price was $55,375

They did not want to deal on the 2019s at all. The moment I showed Interest they knocked 7k off the price and kept going down.

I wasnt in the market for the 2.0 but I really like it now that I have been driving
25% off MSRP?!

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
25% off MSRP?!
A quick search (if you believe the search tool) shows that there are 1206 2018 Rubicons on dealer lots within 100 miles of Houston.

Assuming that is accurate, I would think that they need to move those things FAST...... in 3 months a buyer will be able to order a 2020...... they have less than 12 weeks (supposedly) to move more than 1200 vehicles before they are “new/2 years old”......

Methinks that a lot of them may end up in dealer loaner programs......

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
A quick search (if you believe the search tool) shows that there are 1206 2018 Rubicons on dealer lots within 100 miles of Houston.

Assuming that is accurate, I would think that they need to move those things FAST...... in 3 months a buyer will be able to order a 2020...... they have less than 12 weeks (supposedly) to move more than 1200 vehicles before they are “new/2 years old”......

Methinks that a lot of them may end up in dealer loaner programs......
No question they need to deal in order to try and reduce the glut of inventory. It’s just crazy how much they are now dropping the price, JK never needed these kinds of discounts.

Here is an ad for one of my local dealers...

7C1F84B5-0C49-490F-A75B-C82CB0906C89.png

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

The one of them I'm looking at is 20% off MSRP

do you think that's a good enough deal given the car is almost 2 model years old?

Really I want a sport S 2door w/ painted fender flares but that's not possible right now without ordering a rubicon...

Do you think in the next year or 2 it will be possible to order a sport with painted fenders? Was it ever possible on JK? I know on JK you could get 2dr Sahara with painted fenders
painted take off fender flares will be all over the market eventually. just a matter of waiting.. and if you cant wait, you can order the fenders from the dealer and have them painted

Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Hmmmmm....

I wonder if a lot of the “Jeep builders” —- the folks making custom jeeps for resale — will pounce on a few of these 2018s.......

ViperJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'N Wrangler JL Rubicon
No question they need to deal in order to try and reduce the glut of inventory. It’s just crazy how much they are now dropping the price, JK never needed these kinds of discounts.

Here is an ad for one of my local dealers...

7C1F84B5-0C49-490F-A75B-C82CB0906C89.png
If I had a JK I wouldn’t be too thrilled about the “glut” of JL’s around. The trade in value will be severely effected. When you can pick up a JL at heavy discounts who would want an old JK unless it’s being given away?

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport, 2019 Ram 1500, 2017 Audi Q5.
If I had a JK I wouldn’t be too thrilled about the “glut” of JL’s around. The trade in value will be severely effected. When you can pick up a JL at heavy discounts who would want an old JK unless it’s being given away?
Exactly. FCA has brought down the resale value of late model JKs with their greed. The Wrangler will no longer be at the top of best resale value.

wrc777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
I got a special $1k rebate emailed to me last week. It is similar to the private cash offers Ford does. One dealer group I checked in Cincinnati has 196 2018s on their lots.

Troutster

First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Sport S
My sport s was MSRP 39k and I walked out with it for 31k and that was in January..

Sponsored

Troutster

First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Sport S
I haven’t seen any deals that good yet but I am seeing $5500 off advertised at multiple dealers.
Yeah it was at David Stanley in Oklahoma City. I wouldn’t recommend them to be honest, they do the whole bait and switch thing. We had agreed to 31k over the phone, made the 3.5 hour drive out there for them to tell us 34k. Luckily we had a talk with the manager who was trying to weasel out of the situation but we basically cornered him in the room until he honored the initially agreed upon price. It was a tiring and stressful process and to be honest I think we just got lucky and I think most people just get haggled into paying the higher price. Therefore I can’t reccomend it because I couldn’t tell you how things would turn out in your case lol

mic.rempel

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2018 Grand Cherokee
I'm in Raleigh, NC. I traded in my '18 JLUR with 20K miles for a brand new '18 JL 2-Door Sport a couple days ago. MSRP on it was a bit over $36K, got it for $30,500. This worked out to about 16% off MSRP and 9.5% below invoice. Considering nothing has really changed in that model with the '19s it was an easy decision for me.

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport, 2019 Ram 1500, 2017 Audi Q5.
I'm in Raleigh, NC. I traded in my '18 JLUR with 20K miles for a brand new '18 JL 2-Door Sport a couple days ago. MSRP on it was a bit over $36K, got it for $30,500. This worked out to about 16% off MSRP and 9.5% below invoice. Considering nothing has really changed in that model with the '19s it was an easy decision for me.
What did they give you for your trade?

mic.rempel

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2018 Grand Cherokee
What did they give you for your trade?
$38K, I know I could have gotten more with a private sale but figured it was close enough to not be worth the hassle. Given I only paid $43K for the Rubi, it seemed pretty good to me.
Sponsored