Sponsored

How much below invoice on a JLU Rubicon is a great deal?

OP
OP
Jeepster21

Jeepster21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Definitely more difficult.

The deals are still available, but only on custom orders. That's usually the case. Getting a below invoice price on lot vehicles is much more difficult but still doable.

But just celebrate getting below invoice and celebrate those who don't, because they are the ones enabling you to buy your vehicle at this cost. I only got 4% below invoice. After dealer fees, comparing it to the window sticker I just got, I'll be paying 12% under MSRP (before tax credit, because it's a 4xe)
Sponsored

summer4x

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
My point is. There are many things that go into a deal aside from just seeing how much below invoice is. It's intended to be that way. It makes it harder to compare apples to apples and works in the dealers favor, but also the buyers favor if you do your homework.

That's why the only thing that matters is the cash price, which consequently is hardly ever talked about. If you're getting 8% below invoice but then there are massive doc fees and you have to finance through the dealer at a nosebleed rate, then it may not be a great deal.

Walker Texas Wrangler

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hamburgsolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Rubicon, Previous: '99 TJ Sahara
Build Thread
Link
That's why the only thing that matters is the cash price, which consequently is hardly ever talked about. If you're getting 8% below invoice but then there are massive doc fees and you have to finance through the dealer at a nosebleed rate, then it may not be a great deal.
You are absolutely correct. I don't care about what the invoice price is. I don't even ask to see it. I deal in drive out price from the get go having a good idea what the taxes and licenses will be. That way they can move money into the deal/docs fees all they want at the end, I'm driving out for a set price. When I purchased the finance person showed me how much I saved as I was signing and didn't do the % off invoice math until after purchase and came here. General rule of thumb for me is to figure 15% off MSRP as a target.

OP
OP
Jeepster21

Jeepster21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Very true. Bottom line price is all that matter.

Glad in my situation I got an amazing deal with minimal processing fee and no add on charges.

JLUW75

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW
Occupation
Engineer
My goodness, with zero Jeeps on the lot in my neighborhood, I thought paying invoice along with supplier discount was satisfying.
My discount is"pay one percent below invoice" which is stackable with military and student.
I know, go somewhere else, but for routine service I still need to keep good relationship.
One other thing though, it's a Rubicon 392, so a bit less squabble room.
[/QUOT

I live in Arizona and I contacted several dealerships around. I'm looking for a Willys package unlimited with a stick and soft top and Sarge Green color. Only found ONE in southern New Mexico. Most dealer within 250 miles of me have some sort of markup. My guess is ALL of them have it but only a few are honest enough to actually list the markup on their dealer sites. The NM dealer didn't have anything and they ignored my repeated requests for a quote. Then the sales manager called me and basically said the price was MSRP PLUS $2700 PLUS TTL. I thanked him and hang up!

Then I tried to special order a Willys JUST the way I like it and talked with two dealers at the same time via email. They sent me the config list and the price and immediately cut me off cold turkey as soon as I mentioned that I have a supplier discount! I can understand not wanting to sell a Jeep already on their lot for a discount but why not agree to order a Jeep and sell it at the invoice price? They would rather NOT make a sale than order it a sell it at a discount? I don't get it!!!

Sponsored

JLUW75

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW
Occupation
Engineer
You are absolutely correct. I don't care about what the invoice price is. I don't even ask to see it. I deal in drive out price from the get go having a good idea what the taxes and licenses will be. That way they can move money into the deal/docs fees all they want at the end, I'm driving out for a set price. When I purchased the finance person showed me how much I saved as I was signing and didn't do the % off invoice math until after purchase and came here. General rule of thumb for me is to figure 15% off MSRP as a target.
Nice! Maybe that works in TX. Here in Arizona, the dealers are absolutely NUTS about Wranglers. My local dealer has two fully loaded Wranglers on his lot and he has $4000 mark up OVER MSRP. I can't get dealers to answer my emails. As soon as I tell them I have supplier discount, they cut me off cold turkey! Strange!

JLUW75

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW
Occupation
Engineer
Was this from Gupton? I’ll be in the market to order a 4xe later this year & am trying to figure out the best plan of attack.
In Arizona, I can't get a dealer to even return my emails on special factory order. As soon as I told them I have a supplier discount (Invoice minus 1%) they cut me off cold turkey! I don't get it.

JLUW75

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW
Occupation
Engineer
In Arizona, I can't get a dealer to even return my emails on special factory order. As soon as I told them I have a supplier discount (Invoice minus 1%) they cut me off cold turkey! I don't get it.

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
I ended up picking up my Gecko JLUR this afternoon and after everything was said and done I paid $2.50 under FFP lol. I could've gotten a better deal somewhere else but It's just what ended up happening in my situation. Next Jeep I might try a high volume dealer instead of local, but when I ordered my friend was the sales manager, he's not there anymore unfortunately. I was able to use my own financing and didn't have to play the terrible rate game.

JLUW75

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW
Occupation
Engineer
Definitely more difficult.
I just came back from visiting my local Tucson Jeep dealer and he basically told me that there is no special promotions or pricing programs available now. MSRP is what I have to pay for special orders. Not sure I buy it but I have to search with other dealers to see if I get the same response. I don't know if anyone recently placed a special order on a wrangler and was able to get an employee discount or a family and friends discount.

JLUW75

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW
Occupation
Engineer
Yes indeed. that is the catch with most of these programs. they give you $3000 discount then more than make up for it on the back end with higher interest rates financing.
Sponsored