Sponsored

How much below invoice on a JLU Rubicon is a great deal?

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Tri City is also an option doing 5%-7% below invoice. Not far from Va.
Sponsored

Thunderjet

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 F350
A month or two ago it wasnt difficult to get 12% off MSRP on a 2021 order. If a dealer is pushing a 2020 I wouldn't be interested at all unless they were at 16% off (or more) plus low DOC fees and no add on fees.
More importantly, it better be the color I really wanted with the options I wanted.

OP
OP
Jeepster21

Jeepster21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Doing just that and got it at nearly 9% under invoice.

I went into the latest sheet that was posted here and I came up with over 14% below invoice for a '21 JLUR that I purchased the beginning of March. BUT, there are other things to consider. They also had 2K in dealer add-ons (that I didn't include into the spreadsheet), a fair amount for my trade and financed through the dealer (and have since refinanced myself to my CU at and saved over 1.5% APR). I also had tons of options from the factory.

My point is. There are many things that go into a deal aside from just seeing how much below invoice is. It's intended to be that way. It makes it harder to compare apples to apples and works in the dealers favor, but also the buyers favor if you do your homework. I know you have been trying to figure out buying '20 vs. '21, I would normally say no on a '20 at this time in the cycle, but Jeeps really hold their value. Get what you want and enjoy it. If you really enjoy the haggling and buying experience (some people really do, not me) than keep on grinding for a deal, but make sure you know what your bottom line is.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeepster21

Jeepster21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Definitely true I think I got an awesome deal at nearly 9% under invoice off on a 2020. Couple more options and I would have wanted but in the long run definitely an awesome value.

If you haven't bought a car in the past 3 weeks, things have greatly changed.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
5%-7% right now? looks like most dealers are at 3% now. If they are still doing 5-7%, I'm going to reach out asap. Who is the point of contact?
[email protected]

that’s what the prices were last month. Let us know if they have changed.

also let him know i referred you.

OP
OP
Jeepster21

Jeepster21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon

wranglerguyman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Depending how far you want to travel which to me a certain point that gets ridiculous but another good one to check besides Koons is https://www.criswellchryslerjeepdodge.com
I already spoke to Leon at Criswell, they’re doing 3% below invoice. Koons is the same. I reached out to Travis at tri city but I’m thinking it’s going to be the same. I’ll update once I get a response.

Tar Heel Wrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys Sport, JT Mojave, Sold JLU Sport S
Occupation
Cigar & IPA Snob
Tri City was doing 5-7% under invoice as of last week.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeepster21

Jeepster21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
At this point its less about price and more so about availability. As for price there might be one or two dealerships in the entire country offering 5% below invoice?

How far are you willing to travel to get the vehicle?

Prices (savings) are definitely not what they were as of earlier year.

I already spoke to Leon at Criswell, they’re doing 3% below invoice. Koons is the same. I reached out to Travis at tri city but I’m thinking it’s going to be the same. I’ll update once I get a response.

Canyonero02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green JLUR
Gupton Motors in Springfield TN is still discounting 2021s if you order. 7%-8%. below invoice PLUS a $499 DOC fee on ordered Wranglers with a $1000 NON-REFUNDABLE deposit. The doc fee is a little high so take that into consideration. For the most part it's still currently one of the best discounts in the nation.

I emailed Danial at Gupton Motors a couple of days ago and he replied promptly. Very professonal. He said they have no plans to change their discounts. Hopefully the 2022s are discounted the same.

Their discount % below invoice on ORDERED Wranglers.
6% std disc below inv
7% with tread lightly
8% tread lightly & finance (must finance at least $10K and make 3 payments before paying off)
$499 dealer fee

[email protected]
615-384-2886
Ordered a 2021 Sarge Green JLUR from Gupton on May 18th. Best deal and quickest response I could find. Worth the 6 hour drive for me. Now I just wait. Also working with Daniel. Nice and easy so far.

OP
OP
Jeepster21

Jeepster21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Any place that tries to charge you a doc fee I would just keep on walking.

They can offer the car at 20% below invoice but what's most important is what you're actually paying walking out the door based on everything else they either attempt to add on or claim as part of their dealership fees.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Any place that tries to charge you a doc fee I would just keep on walking.

They can offer the car at 20% below invoice but what's most important is what you're actually paying walking out the door based on everything else they either attempt to add on or claim as part of their dealership fees.
I agree you have to take into consideration any fees. DOC fees are regulated by each State. Some are really bad. States like FL where it can be $900+ which on aveage is probably close to 2%. Other States have reasonable DOCs of $75. Here in IL it is capped at $300.

MikenDallas

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma 4x4 Off Road
Anyone know if dealers are offering the same discount for the 392? Thanks
Sponsored