Sponsored

How much are saving on a MOAB? 6% under invoice?

phatjoe

First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Powerwagon, 2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Hi,

My wife's in the market for a wrangler. The MOAB edition fits what she's looking for. I know folks are getting 6-8% under invoice for the Sport and Rubicon trim levels. It's advertised all day long on www.cars.com.

I just haven't seen folks post much regarding the discount they received on their MOAB edition (granted not as many out there). Do you think we'll be able to find a MOAB for 6-8% under invoice?

If not, we may revert back to the Rubicon trim. We are in Austin, TX if that means anything...

Sponsored

Bri01

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU MOAB, BMW X5 MSport
Vehicle Showcase
Hi,

My wife's in the market for a wrangler. The MOAB edition fits what she's looking for. I know folks are getting 6-8% under invoice for the Sport and Rubicon trim levels. It's advertised all day long on www.cars.com.

I just haven't seen folks post much regarding the discount they received on their MOAB edition (granted not as many out there). Do you think we'll be able to find a MOAB for 6-8% under invoice?

If not, we may revert back to the Rubicon trim. We are in Austin, TX if that means anything...

Tough question because it all depends on where you live, if you are ordering from a dealership or dealing with what they have in stock, … lots of other variables too. In my area, East CT, MOABS are very hard to find because they are a popular edition here. My buddy lives in Arizona and he says they have piles of them, but limited on Rubicons. I got my MOAB at almost 8-9% under because I negotiated a 2018 model, since the 2019s were already coming out. If I tried to get a 2019 model now, the ones available in stock, I'd be lucky to get 3-5% off. They don't seem to last on the lot long so they don't need to negotiate hard with people if they can get someone else to buy it. But that may change in 2 months time.
Anyone that answers this thread, depending on location and stock of the dealerships around them, will give you a different number. When sales are low, they will drop prices to get something through, when things are high you won't get many deals. Hopefully some people from Austin see this and can give you some numbers from their experience in your area.
If you have time, check out the dealerships around you and compare. Go from one to the other and get them to fight for the price, if possible.

NTX Black Moab

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab (Black on Black)
Vehicle Showcase
I picked up a 2019 off the lot yesterday for 5% below invoice. Didn't even have to negotiate as that was the advertised internet price. They are in high demand though. Dealer had two on the lot at the beginning of the week and they're both gone. Mine literally came off the truck on Tuesday. There was literally 4 people waiting for my deal to fall through so they could step in and take her home.

edit: I see you are in Austin. Meador Auto in South Fort Worth. Keep watch of their inventory. Might be worth the drive for you.

norbert

First Name
Norbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab Billet Silver/Black
How much is 5% below invoice compared to msrp? I'm getting quoted $5K off of msrp with no negotiating.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
How much is 5% below invoice compared to msrp? I'm getting quoted $5K off of msrp with no negotiating.
There is no specific number because it depends on options. But generally 10-12% off of MSRP.

Sponsored

norbert

First Name
Norbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab Billet Silver/Black
OK, thanks. The msrp of the MOAB I'm lookin at is $55,500 so $5K off is decent. They said there's another $1K off from Chrysler to make it $6K off.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
OK, thanks. The msrp of the MOAB I'm lookin at is $55,500 so $5K off is decent. They said there's another $1K off from Chrysler to make it $6K off.
I would definitely make them show you a POC with the FWP price on it. That is the invoice price. Then you can be sure.

sobeit69

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Freedom Ed. 2005 Hummer H2 SUT
Can you please find out what that $1000 off voucher is? And maybe get a picture of it.

Thanks for your help

NTX Black Moab

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
As far as I know there is NO help on 2019 Moabs. The only discount that I received on the one I picked up yesterday was from the dealer.

There is a spreadsheet that I believe is stickied in this sub-forum. I used that to plug in the options that were on the vehicle to confirm invoice pricing and therefore determine percentage below invoice. A flat dollar value isn't the best way to go because it will vary based on the options that are on the vehicle. In my eyes, there are only three major options on the Moab: Cold Weather Group, Advanced Safety Group, Tow Package. The one I got yesterday only had the Cold Weather Group and that is exactly the only one I wanted. I plugged that option into the spreadsheet and determined that I was right at 5% off invoice and knew that I wasn't likely to get any more than that. TBH, I didn't even argue the point. I knew there were people in line waiting for me to walk away and I said let's move forward.

There was one other Moab on the lot (had $3k of miscellaneous options that I didn't care for and was Sting Grey (which I liked, but not enough to absorb $3k in options that I didn't want)). That vehicle arrived last weekend and as far as I know, sold last night as well.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Important to remember, 6-8% off is NOT the norm, but the exception. The 6-8% represents the best deals in the entire country. Most dealers won't touch this.

Sponsored

NTX Black Moab

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
^^^ this.

COSJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WK2, 2019 JLR?
Can you please find out what that $1000 off voucher is? And maybe get a picture of it.

Thanks for your help
I got a 1000$ off coupon from Jeep in mail. BUT it only applies to 2018 wranglers and have to take delivery by end of April.
I had already bought my 2019, so it is useless for me and it says non-transferable. I signed up for brochures at Jeep.com back in January hoping to get a discount offer/golden ticket offer.

NTX Black Moab

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Sticker was $53,790. Invoice based on the options on the vehicle was $50,545. Price on the vehicle was $47,930 which works out to 5.2% below invoice. I knew that 6-8% was extraordinary and again, given that I also knew 4 people were waiting for me to walk away, there was going to be absolutely ZERO room for additional wiggle on the price

eck

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU MOAB HellaYella
Sticker was $53,790. Invoice based on the options on the vehicle was $50,545. Price on the vehicle was $47,930 which works out to 5.2% below invoice. I knew that 6-8% was extraordinary and again, given that I also knew 4 people were waiting for me to walk away, there was going to be absolutely ZERO room for additional wiggle on the price
That's basically what happened with me as well. I only haggled like $200 off because I gave them grief about the stupid nitrogen fill.

NTX Black Moab

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That's basically what happened with me as well. I only haggled like $200 off because I gave them grief about the stupid nitrogen fill.
There were absolutely ZERO dealer add-ons on this vehicle and many at the dealership that I purchased from. Yes they have a few vehicles that are done up for those with more money than brains, but this dealer's philosophy is make money on volume and not individual vehicles. There were a couple of people in the showroom from well outside the DFW metroplex because they'd heard / seen the pricing on the vehicles.

Earlier in the week, I found an amazing deal on a Sahara at another dealership. BUT the pictures didn't match the description. I called and verified and they said yes on pricing. I get there and NOPE....this vehicle had $10k in "upgrades". 4" RC lift (RC doesn't even make a 4" lift for the JL). Gaudy 20" rims and 35" MT tires and a few others. I gave the sales rep a verbal lashing. I even asked for the sales manager and gave HIM a piece of my mind. Classic BAIT AND SWITCH. This is consistent with just about every dealership in the metroplex.
Sponsored