First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S (JL)
Occupation
Auto Insurance Agent
So I did the Rubi take off suspension on my sport s. Got a ton of lift from it. Buying Core 4x4 adjustable lower control arms to fix it up since it’s a bit squirrely now. My question is, how long do I adjust these control arms to so it give my the correct alignment again? I have no idea what to measure to be able to tell if the caster is right. Any help is very greatly appreciated!!
Sponsored

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
So I did the Rubi take off suspension on my sport s. Got a ton of lift from it. Buying Core 4x4 adjustable lower control arms to fix it up since it’s a bit squirrely now. My question is, how long do I adjust these control arms to so it give my the correct alignment again? I have no idea what to measure to be able to tell if the caster is right. Any help is very greatly appreciated!!
Using the factory rubi take off coils and shocks with your factory control arms you’re still in spec. If you feel the need to add a little caster, factory LCAs measure out at 24”, you could go a full turn past 24 if you wanted.

Brett

Last edited:
OP
OP
LaneSprings

LaneSprings

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Auto Insurance Agent
Using the factory rubi take off coils and shocks with you’re factory control arms you’re still in spec. If you feel the need to add a little caster, factory LCAs measure out at 24”, you could go a full turn past 24 if you wanted.

Brett
I got a good amount of lift off of that Rubi take off. It was from a 4 door with hard top and towing and it’s on my 2 door Sport S. Got close to 3 inches out of it. So the caster is pretty off. Thought about doing the Mopar LCAs from their 2 inch lift kit, but changes to go with the adjustable from Core4x4 for the lift I have now and just in case I do any messing with it in the future.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
I got a good amount of lift off of that Rubi take off. It was from a 4 door with hard top and towing and it’s on my 2 door Sport S. Got close to 3 inches out of it. So the caster is pretty off. Thought about doing the Mopar LCAs from their 2 inch lift kit, but changes to go with the adjustable from Core4x4 for the lift I have now and just in case I do any messing with it in the future.
Have you had it on a rack to see how low the caster is? The mopar arms are .25” longer than the factory ones.

Brett

OP
OP
LaneSprings

LaneSprings

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Auto Insurance Agent
Not been on a rack yet. Just going by how it’s driving at the moment. Need to get it on a rack anyway since even before the lift, it was pulling to the right just a bit. Now that’s there plus it’s a bit squirrely in the way it tracks.

Sponsored

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Does Mopar offer a specific Mopar Lift part number for a 2 door? If not, I’d guess the extra .250” they give the Mopar LCA’s would be a good starting point. I went with those but I have a 4 door. Easy and only around $80 with me also ordering new hardware.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
My Daystar lift came with longer LCA's, and they were 1/4" longer than stock too. That's for a 2" lift, so adjusting 1/4" should put you pretty close depending on how much lift you got out of your change.

OP
OP
LaneSprings

LaneSprings

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Auto Insurance Agent
Does Mopar offer a specific Mopar Lift part number for a 2 door? If not, I’d guess the extra .250” they give the Mopar LCA’s would be a good starting point. I went with those but I have a 4 door. Easy and only around $80 with me also ordering new hardware.
it’s the same for the 2 and 4 door, so good sizing info. I’m planning for the adjustable one in case I ever decide to go with a higher lift
Sponsored