Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
Wow those are both high mileage numbers. I don't even like putting 1k a month on mine lol.
I don’t either but part of mine was moving from another state and all. Then i just love driving it so it’s so easy to just jump in and go explore.
Sponsored

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Plus, with not much to do with the virus stuff I just drove around exploring Phoenix area...off roading etc. I just love driving my Jeep so there’s that too. Haha

Sounds like y’all get out pretty often that’s great! Even better your daughter just chills. Where do y’all live to have to drive 2hrs to get to mountains?
Yep, I too took advantage of the virus situation to go off roading more, though I kept working my regular hours at the office. Just fewer folks on the trails because they misinterpreted our Governor's orders. Love driving the Jeep, way better than my old Honda Element

Yes we try to get out often. Went just about every week in April and May, slowed down a bit in June, and July we've gone a couple times. We go to the Daniel Boone National Forest. There is a system of trails there called the Daniel Boone Backcountry Byway and the Kentucky Adventure Tour. These are county roads from the old coal-mining days. They are in terrible repair for the most part, with being a creek to drive through or a boulder to crawl over here and there. Mostly it is dirt/mud/ruts going up and down the mountains connecting towns where there is maybe one traffic light and a gas station. Exagerating a bit on their size, but not my much :CWL:
We live in Louisville, KY, about 2hr, 100mi from the area. Nowhere else in the state to wheel, very little public land that had trails/roads like that.

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, I too took advantage of the virus situation to go off roading more, though I kept working my regular hours at the office. Just fewer folks on the trails because they misinterpreted our Governor's orders. Love driving the Jeep, way better than my old Honda Element

Yes we try to get out often. Went just about every week in April and May, slowed down a bit in June, and July we've gone a couple times. We go to the Daniel Boone National Forest. There is a system of trails there called the Daniel Boone Backcountry Byway and the Kentucky Adventure Tour. These are county roads from the old coal-mining days. They are in terrible repair for the most part, with being a creek to drive through or a boulder to crawl over here and there. Mostly it is dirt/mud/ruts going up and down the mountains connecting towns where there is maybe one traffic light and a gas station. Exagerating a bit on their size, but not my much :CWL:
We live in Louisville, KY, about 2hr, 100mi from the area. Nowhere else in the state to wheel, very little public land that had trails/roads like that.
That’s awesome! Definitely a great time to go off roading. Yes, driving a Jeep is so much better!! Glad for the upgrade I’m sure!
Getting out to whatever is around you is always fun! At least you had your Jeep to get you through and explore. I’m sure that had to be fun exploring all those back roads. Crazy seeing all the old mining roads and thinking how they got through them. I haven’t done much exploring in Kentucky just driven through mainly. But I’ve heard stories! I can imagine the one stoplight towns. I’m from Texas and we have plenty of those. You blink and you’ve passed through. At least you’ve got some public land to traverse. That’s how Texas is also. I just moved to Arizona and can’t believe how much public land is out here with a ridiculous amount of trails to do. Make the most of what you have and have a blast!

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
14,000 since 9/2018. Most accumulated on a few long trips.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Well my 2020 JLUR is just starting it’s life so not many miles yet. But if my history with the 3.6 holds (2013 JKU auto with 175,000 miles & 0 issues), I suspect it will, then I should be happy. The real question is how will the 8 speed auto transmission hold up compared to the last generation auto transmission in the JKs. That’s a topic for another thread and only time will tell.
The ZF 8 speed isn't a new transmission, they last a long time and work great. They're solid. Just don't believe the lies from Chrysler that it never has to be serviced.

Sponsored

OrangeYaGlad

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Bought in June 2018 and now have a little over 51K miles. Been on several long trips, my wife's daily driver. No real issues except for one where the dealer could not duplicate the issue where the Jeep would not start at all, towed out of garage where towing company messed up the ABS sensors. Dealership diagnosed it and replaced the main battery and haven't had the issue since. They also fixed the ABS issue under warranty claim thanks the Jeep Wave. The only other thing that bothers us is the radio occasionally freezing up and nothing works.

Deleted member 59098

65K on my Wk2. No issues whatsoever. The plastic engine cover had a useless filter port that was a little frustrating, but I soon figured out how easy it was to just remove the whole cover each oil change.

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
22,222 miles on my 2019 JLR with the manual transmission. Love the 3.6L and have been putting Pennzoil Platinum 0W20 with Fram Ultra filters in it.

So far I’ve had the clutch recall done and am waiting on the new steering box to come in. Dealer gave me no issues and ordered it right away in October. Just last week they told me it still wasn’t in and the system was saying it’s delayed by “material shortages” or something.

But the engine itself has been great! This jeep feels like a rocket ship compared to my old YJ with the AX-15 transmission, 35” tires, 3.07 gears and first gear broken. I had to take off from a start in second gear... think about how slow that jeep was. This jeep feels like it actually has the power to move itself out of its own way.

Sponsored

Darter02

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ronlutzii-photographer.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Occupation
Photographer
Recieved right off the truck in December 2019. 29,000 miles on a 6 speed manual transmission JLU Sport S.

Problems:

Dash cluster constantly crashed on startup until software update.

Center console handle broke, replaced with new cover but they forgot to replace the lock tumbler and had to redo.

Early in use my clutch went out completely while cruising on the highway. They tried to say I just burnt it up but it was the pressure plate. The dealership replaced it under warranty but didn't log anything on the MOPAR site other than "miscellaneous work." I took in for the recall work anyway, after hauling a 6'x6'x12' trailer 2000 miles. No problems.

Defrost doesn't work as currently designed so I have those square plugs people were going crazy over.

Windshield cracked right away. I'm on the "list" for Gorilla Glass.

I still enjoy it regardless. No steering issues, especially after swapping suspension with a heavier Rubi and adding longer control arms.

zeebo56

First Name
Zee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
Vehicle Showcase
Now at 11k since April 2020 with my 2020 JLU sport. Running perfectly. Changed oil with Pennzoil 0W20 and fram filters. Also two changes of rear diff with valvoline synthetic 75-140. Been offroading a few times.

Only issues have been two ripp coil packs that went bad (one original and the replacement they sent also had misfire codes). Also one windshield replacement at 700 miles when a huge rock was tossed up by a semi and cracked it.

Rubi suspension with 2" spacer lift kit. 35s. Oil catch can. Oracle biled and fogs.

Enjoying it a lot so far except for 16-17mpg avg.

Rock Hopper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB, 2019 Cherokee, 2015 GrCherokee, 2006 TJ
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
8k (trouble free) miles on 2019 MOAB.

Regular maintenance and no problems.

JohnQSr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojito Jeep Wrangler Sport S, 2 Dr.
Occupation
Retired Navy, Public Safety
8800 on my Mojito 2020 2DR, purchased 4/20. 3000 road trip to the Outer Banks, 4 wheeling on the beach and back home.
Sponsored