First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Occupation
Sales & Marketing
2018 Sahara with almost 10k, done 3 oil changes all at dealer free with Wave, no issues to date.
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
13k miles, 6k OCIs w/ Pennzoil Platinum & M1 filters, no issues at all except for the V41 steering damper upgrade.

And ditto the comments on the 8AT, just a perfect mate to this motor :)

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Approx. 8 thousand and my JLR is mostly flat towed to trail heads.
powder river pass, wyo..jpeg

no issues.
What kind of gas mileage you getting on that beast while towing the little beast?

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
What kind of gas mileage you getting on that beast while towing the little beast?
Typically 10-13 MPG. Towing looses 1-2 MPG. other than that and without the rear camera on the RV, Iā€™d not know the Wrangler is even back there.
Itā€™s having reserve power that makes a diesel motor worth while. I donā€™t find any money savings BTW, itā€™s all about power IMO. In 5th gear, turning 2200 RPMs, Iā€™ve yet to find a mountain pass it couldnā€™t casually climb @ 55MPH. Package weighs 17,500 lbs. and I like that it doesnā€™t move around much in cross winds. It is a comfortable interstate set up for eating up the miles. Keeping below 65 MPH is the only problem. Highway patrol doesnā€™t seem to like me rolling faster. Haha, been pulled over twice doing 75+ one time in Utah, once in N.M. with warnings, slow your roll and nice rig compliments. Yelled at over PA speaker by C.H.P. too, get in slow lane, 55 MPH max. when towing. No tickets. Yet! Like Sammy Hagar sings, I canā€™t drive 55. Gasoline motors will get you up the mountain, just not as fast.

Last edited:

Smoke ā€˜Em

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLR
2019 JLR, 3.6, auto. Bought it new in December and now have 8,200 miles on it. Just finished second oil change(I do all my own non-warranty maintenance) and rotate tires every 3000 miles.

Jeep drives fantastic, the 8 speed with the 3.6 is just a fun and great driving combination.

Have only had one issue, and that was with the ESS battery, dealer replaced it and it hasnā€™t had an issue since.

Sponsored

Barely Krawlified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Just crossed 4,000 on the clock of my 2019 JLUR. Itā€™s my first Jeep and I shake my head at all the time previously spent in something else. I really just enjoy and look forward each day to driving the thing. It has been trouble free so far in just about two months of ownership. Iā€™ve made it a priority to learn how and to successfully complete some basic maintenance on it.

So far Iā€™ve changed the oil twice - once at 700 miles (Shell Rotella Gas Truck 0w20 + Mopar filter) and once at 2200 miles (Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 0w20 + Mopar filter). I also just successfully changed both the front and rear differential fluid at 3,800 miles (Valvoline Full Synthetic 75W140 in both front and rear as I have factory option tow package on my JLUR). I need my tires rotated now and going to take to a shop as I donā€™t have all the tools and jack stands yet.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
2019 JLUR that I took delivery on in August 2019. I am just coming up on 10K miles, have changed the oil 3 times (800 miles, 2,000 miles, and 5,000 miles) and both axles once at 5,000 miles. No 3.6L engine related issues, but I have the classic "wire hanging from the rear defogger" and an aggravating noise that happens between 30 and 45 in the driver pillar post area (have not figured out the exact location yet).

Overall, I am very happy with it and would do it all over again, except that I would have bought it instead of the AMG GLC43 that it replaced. I have added:
  • Borla "S" Type exhaust
  • ROAM sliders coated with bedliner material and with Oznium LED lights and relay/diodes
  • Smittybilt X20 12K winch with WARN plate, WARN 1.5" thick fairlead, and 350AMP disconnect
  • Mopar Winch Guard
  • Gorilla System Locking Lug Nuts + 5 Separate Locks
  • Backup lights with diodes
  • Quadratec Cargo Mat
Coming Soon:
  • Front and Rear Axle Temperature Gauges
  • Baja Designs Fog and Driving Lights
  • Metal Cloak FAD Skid Plate and Steering Stabilizer Relocation
  • Metal Cloak Rear Axle Skid Plate
  • Metal Cloak Front Axle Skid Plate
  • Metal Cloak Fully Belly Skid Plate System
  • Maximus-3 Winch Filler Plates
  • Maximus-3 Stealth Front License Plate Mount
  • Maximus-3 Front and Rear Tow Loops

Stetson

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2014 Ford Raptor
Occupation
Project Manager
I have a 2018 JLUR with the 6mt/3.6L I bought last August, I have around 22k on it and no issues. Its been a lot of fun. I have had a few mild off road adventures and am looking forward to many more. This is the second winter with it and it does great in the snow.

Stetson

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
9 months and 8k miles. no issues other than having fun driving it on a daily base.

Sponsored

MacBigButt

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Leaf, 2018 JL Unlimited Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Approx. 8 thousand and my JLR is mostly flat towed to trail heads.
powder river pass, wyo..jpeg

no issues.
This is of those photos that has an important lesson that you can't quite put your finger on

xeon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
44,000 and going... no issues. I follow the maintenance plan, oil changes every 5K.

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Wrangler392; ā€˜20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
32,900 miles picked up Feb 26, 2018.

• Radio and climate control gremlins
  • Cruise control recall
  • Locked up steering - replaced throttle control body
  • V41 steering damper recall
Still a blast to drive.

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
8k miles after 13 months of owning it. Never had an easier car to change oil and diff fluid.

For those starting to rack up the miles ZF recommends a 60k mile trans flush. Don't listen to FCAs "Lifetime" marketing BS.

Curious what shops will charge for this. Based on videos I have watched guessing it will be quite expensive.
Sponsored