Sponsored

How many times have you test driven a JL

How many times how you test driven a JL?

• Total voters

Muddog17

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Only the JL 2 door Sport S - what more do I need!
Occupation
Self emplyed
Vehicle Showcase
Hello all, I just drove a JL for the second time. I drove one about 3 weeks ago when I placed an order for a JL sport S.

I just had to go back and get my fix!

We in Australia are not expected to get our JLs to at least April sometime. I think I will go back at least twice more before then - I need my fix now that I have finally ordered one.
Sponsored

rogisilva

First Name
Igor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Rotadyne.com.au
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR OB
Occupation
Design Development Manager
I've test driven it twice.. Once for 15 minutes at the Penrith launch, then for a good 45 minutes at Chullora when I placed my order...
I ordered a rubicon, so I might not be getting mine till July.... I'll definitely go back for at least one more drive.... Maybe at the Blacktown dealer.

Steve0

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Twice for me too. 15 minutes the day following the launch in Brisbane, then a solo drive for 30 minutes a week later. I liked it a lot more on the second drive. I'd like to take my wife along for a third test drive and get her input. I'd really like to drive a Rubicon before I place an order though, can't make up my mind.

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
Three times from 3 separate dealers.

The first 2 times was to get a feel for it. Also I played with the instrument panel menu. And learnt how to tune the radio.

The third time was at Gosford as you can drive down the expressway at a bit of speed and return by the old Pacific Highway with a lot of corners. It is a great test for on road driving of any vehicle for that matter.

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
As soon as we drove it off of the lot. Had drove the JK in. When we pulled out of the lot across the uneven driveway entrance we noticed the ride difference immediately. Nothing wrong with a JK at all. Its just that the JL rides so much better.

Sponsored

19SaharaLady

First Name
Crystal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS
0. I had a '91 (in '94) I drove a '16 and would have bought it (so much better!) and got to lookin at '18s for not that much more....another dealership said order her a '19 (for $1k more than the '18) - after the price increases - that didn't necessarily workout - but worse than that was the wait. Maybe tomorrow??? But 0. And I am Sooo ready for her to come home!!

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Once, for only about 10 minutes. It was an automatic JLUR when I was about to order a manual JLR. Didn’t really matter to me; I was going to order one regardless.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I've test Driven 4 JLs so far.

This Sport S was the very first JL at the dealer (quite possibly in the county) and I tested her out almost right off of the delivery truck. None of the sales staff had even seen it yet. Well equipped, 3.6 Auto. Confirmed with me that a Jeep was the right vehicle to downsize to. I was ready to buy right then and there but my wife was the voice of reason and was working on getting us a good interest rate so I had to hold off.
IMG_0951.JPG

A short time later I test drove the one I bought. Sahara, 3.6 Auto with Hard Top and LEDs.
IMG_0976.JPG

Then I got a chance to test a few more when I was waiting for the Jeep wave oil changes.
Almost fully loaded Rubicon with the 2.0, KO2s and color match Hard top. Got a few MPG better than my 3.6 so it might have made a good choice of engine had I waited around for it.
IMG_1261.JPG

This Rubicon has the 3.6 Auto with Falken Wildpeak MTs and the power top. Very nice and I can understand why someone would get the power top for the convenience of opening up the roof with the push of a button.
IMG_1507.JPG

sanman357

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-*|||||||*- 19' Mojito! Rubicon 6-speed, 09' Ram TRX4, 67 Chevelle 300 Deluxe
My selection is not available. I never test drove a Wrangler. The closest I have come to test driving a Wrangler is being a passenger at Camp Jeep at the auto show. I’ve loved jeeps my whole life, but my first vehicle was an 87 K-5 Blazer. Solid axle and leaf springs. There is no way any vehicle could ride any rougher. Got used to always having a larger truck. When the the TJ Unlimited came out I couldn’t afford 2 vehicles. In 2009 I needed seating for 6, so I bought my Crew cab Ram. Now the kids are in College and the funds became available. You can’t wait forever. So I ordered everything I wanted. And one of the most fun vehicles to drive. Compared to everything else I drive it handles like a go-cart.
Sponsored