Sponsored

How many people have already bought and traded in their Gladiators?

Pingbling23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 3.6 eTorque
I have a 2020 AT4, with the Duramax 3.0, love the millage,34 mpg on highway.
I do whish for a 5.7 Hemi in a Jeep Willys
That’s a solid set up. The diesel is intriguing but I’ve wanted the 6.2 for a long time. I was going to opt for the custom trailboss and save 10k but my wife didn’t want me to get a new vehicle and feel like it was a “downgrade” from my ltz avalanche. I was fully content with the 5.3 to 6.2 upgrade but the wife wins this one much to my benefit lol.

Firestarter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Rubicon
He said, if CAFE killed 2 door vehicles then why is the JL not moving like the JLU. Sure truck companies are incentivized to produce larger vehicles. They also make more money off quad cabs, so it's not just gov regulations. It's primarily market conditions. In the US people want 4 door vehicles. Auto manufacturers are the first to throw the government under the bus, yet say it's the customers that don't want them. They could also only offer those 2 door packages in small tire high aero packages to increase the fuel economy.

But make no mistake about it, going to a larger vehicle decreases the fuel economy which is why the CAFE rules take size into consideration. So it doesn't actually explain why 4 doors are sold more. For example, The JL with 6 speed gets 2mpg better highway than the JLU which is 8.7%.

If there were a strong enough market case for 2 door vehicles, then they'd be far more popular. I'd love a 2 door JT, but my wife would never be ok with it.

Firestarter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Rubicon
That’s a solid set up. The diesel is intriguing but I’ve wanted the 6.2 for a long time. I was going to opt for the custom trailboss and save 10k but my wife didn’t want me to get a new vehicle and feel like it was a “downgrade” from my ltz avalanche. I was fully content with the 5.3 to 6.2 upgrade but the wife wins this one much to my benefit lol.
This is why I have leather seats and a bunch of upgrades. I'd be perfectly fine with the $36k JTRs on Autotrader, but she wanted me to have them. Can't complain.

I was looking at this one, which was $35,600 a week ago, since MD is a CARB state it's easy to get licensed. https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for...rivedpriceASC&numRecords=25&clickType=listing

Sponsored

nowandthen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 1989 Toyota standard cab pickup
Last edited:

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I haven’t written off the possibility of buying a Gladiator in the future. I was seriously considering one when they first came out but I wanted a diesel. Jeep took a long time in getting that to market and I eventually bought a Raptor.

If they offered a 392, I think I’d pull the trigger but it’s hard to deny that Jeep compromised this vehicle in the design phase. A bed that is too shallow and too short is a big handicap, as is the very long wheelbase (11 inches longer than a Ford Ranger).
392 in a gladiator would be a mess I remember when Chevrolet came out with that SS short bed pickup with the 454 OMG you had to take off at the red lights very slowly with the gas pedal or you would just spend the tires gladiator is too light in the back that truck you would be sliding and burning out taking off at red lights

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Like someone said they missed that extra space of the interior enclosed cabin. Friends of mine about the Hummer with the pickup bed and they hated missing the enclosure of the cab I would not use the bed that much my God the bed on a gladiator isn't that big you're not going to haul anything heavy and it's not that big to put stuff in if I want a truck I want to buy a real truck like my five power stroke if 350 and F-250 that I had. I'm not going to buy a mini truck

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
This is my buddy's truck but he drives all over the country going to NASCAR races pulls a big trailer when you're going over the country you need something with an air ride like this those power strokes you can wear them out if you're hauling big horse trailers also this is why people pull these kind of trucks he had a custom bill for if you look at the price of a new f450 you're talking over 100 grand this is a hell of a better deal

l_cTjicunZClzbZctU.jpg

Screenshot_20190114-195348_Gallery.jpg

agpthng

First Name
Carol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU
I thought when I had to trade in my 2007 JK 2 door that I was going to get a Gladiator when they came out. My 07 didn't make it to when the Gladiators were available. I chose a 2019 (new) JLU. But still wondered if I would have like the Gladiator. I really just wanted one because they were different, but after 2 years I'm glad I went with the JLU. I feel I have more more and a solid vehicle.

F2F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL Sport Altitude 2.0L Turbo
I wouldn’t mind buying a gladiator as I do miss my truck. The thing that kills me is the engine options. 3.6 needs more torque and I don’t want to own a diesel. Wish there was a 2.7/3.5 TT equivalent.

cb4017

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Retired
I had a JLU and liked it well enough but always felt like I was pushing my luck when hauling my 3,000 lb travel trailer. Plus there were times when I just needed more room for my camping gear.

When I found out I could get a base Gladiator Max Tow without breaking the bank I jumped at it. Max Tow includes wide HD Rubicon D44 axles with 4.10 gears (LSD instead of lockers), increased cooling and a 7,650 lb tow capacity.

I've only had it a couple of months but love it. All I've done to it so far is Mopar side steps, a Bullet spray in bedliner and take-off Rubicon wheels and tires. A Mopar 2" lift is in the garage waiting to go on.

I spend a lot of time exploring the NV desert, normally by myself. I don't rock crawl and try hard to stay out of situations where I may break my truck or get stuck. So far the Gladiator is fitting my needs just fine. I don't foresee going back to a Wrangler.

WhatExit?

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition | 2021 F350 6.7L
Since this is a "Let's Bash the Gladiator" thread I'll be your poster boy...

I happily sold my JKUR and got a Gladiator. You KNOW your JK's and JL's have very limited carrying capacity (not talking about weight). It's why interior shelves and exterior racks and massive rear bumper systems for tires, jerry cans, coolers, etc. are made and sold.

This forum is filled with happy Wrangler owners and that's great. I"m a very happy Gladiator owner and with the wheeling I do I don't have issues due to the longer breakover angle or tail (departure angle). Of course the 3.5" lift and 37" tires help a lot.

And yes, it's been drive off road. A lot...

Jeep Wrangler JL How many people have already bought and traded in their Gladiators? Jeep Gladiator packed for DV trip - 3

Jeep Wrangler JL How many people have already bought and traded in their Gladiators? Gladiator 2020-08-16
Sponsored