Sponsored

How many people have already bought and traded in their Gladiators?

Steve F

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, JKU
I like them but to be legal here in Aus we are limited to 34's, not enough on a Gladiator, I also tour a lot, big trips on dirt roads etc, the bed, while a nice idea, just doesn't have the security and protection from the elements and people without effectively turning it into a longer JLU with a cap on it. I went with the JLUR in the end as they look right with a small lift a 34's and everything is locked away from the elements :)
Sponsored

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
I like them but to be legal here in Aus we are limited to 34's, not enough on a Gladiator, I also tour a lot, big trips on dirt roads etc, the bed, while a nice idea, just doesn't have the security and protection from the elements and people without effectively turning it into a longer JLU with a cap on it. I went with the JLUR in the end as they look right with a small lift a 34's and everything is locked away from the elements :)
It’s illegal to have tire sizes larger than 34s in AUS? Why is that?

Steve F

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, JKU
It’s illegal to have tire sizes larger than 34s in AUS? Why is that?
It's actually based on max tyre increase size, so 7% max diameter increase. Since the biggest size we get here is 255/75R17 the largest legal size is 305/70R17 315's/35's are too big. So it's not actually a max size just max increase :( We were all hoping the JL would come here with the 285 then we could legally run 35's

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I went from a JKU and Tundra to a JT, it is the perfect vehicle for me. Can haul my quad and dirt bikes and tow my boats. I find it just as maneuverable in parking lots as my JKU. Looked at other small trucks and the JT had the most rear seat room which I needed for my kids. Small lift and some 34” tires works for me as a daily driver and looks better than stock IMO.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I was close to trading in my JLU because I bought a piece of land upstate. I changed my mind because A) the JT would have only 3” to spare in my garage, B) the bed is limited on size, C) I love my auto roof and would be back to manually removing and storing the roof.
My solution was I bought a 5x8 enclosed trailer brand new for 3900 bucks and have the best of all worlds.

Sponsored

TJJL19

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Sport
I bought a 2020 fully loaded Gladiator Rubicon in August of last year after trading in my 2014 JKU Sahara. I really loved it at first and then after about a month or two really started missing the enclosed cargo space of a 4 door wrangler. I know everyone says "Just put a cargo cover or topper on it to enclose it." I just prefer to have the enclosed space that is part of the enclosed part of the Jeep personally. I also was not a fan of how long the Gladiator was after coming from a JKU. So, I put an order in for a 2021 4Xe Rubicon and traded in the Gladiator. Glad those hold their value and dealerships are paying top dollar for used cars right now. It got me wondering how many Wrangler owners got a Gladiator only to regret it and are going back or went back to a Wrangler? I'm not saying they are bad, I'm just saying it wasn't for me.
I know why I have a four door! I posted this before, but I can't find anything that is better for my kids to get in, so like you, I like my Jeep, four doors and hard top enclosed.

army-dogs-jpg.jpg

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
It's actually based on max tyre increase size, so 7% max diameter increase. Since the biggest size we get here is 255/75R17 the largest legal size is 305/70R17 315's/35's are too big. So it's not actually a max size just max increase :( We were all hoping the JL would come here with the 285 then we could legally run 35's
So if Ford starts selling the Bronco over there with 35s you can potentially go up to 37s? (2.45” increase)

I say the Bronco because I’m convinced their Sasquatch package will force Jeep to offer 35s from the factory.

JustinWPI11

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I traded in my 2013 JKU for a Gladiator. I absolutely love my Gladiator. I do a lot of hunting and having the small bed with a tonneau cover is perfect for throwing all my gear in and I can throw a deer in the back when needed. I had been waiting for the Jeep truck for years. My wife really missed having the Wrangler, but we just picked her up a 4xe and she loves it. So best of both worlds, a Gladiator and Wrangler in the garage.

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Wranger TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Yup sold my 2020 Gladiator Rubicon had 28,000 miles picked it up in May of 2019. Starting getting a 4x4 error code, dealer ended up replacing most of the components. It would work for a few weeks then show up again. The final straw was when they had to re-wire my entire Gladiator from front to back....every wiring harness on the underside pulled and replaced. Funny thing the day I went to trade in at a Jeep dealer that damn code came up again......first Jeep ever never had any 4x4 issues so she went bye bye. Now back into wrangler number 8.

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Interesting I did not know this. My sister in law is from Australia. Still haven’t had a chance to go meet her family down there but it’s on my to do!

Sponsored

WemoVealot

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTO, 2021 JLUR
I traded in my 2013 JKU for a Gladiator. I absolutely love my Gladiator. I do a lot of hunting and having the small bed with a tonneau cover is perfect for throwing all my gear in and I can throw a deer in the back when needed. I had been waiting for the Jeep truck for years. My wife really missed having the Wrangler, but we just picked her up a 4xe and she loves it. So best of both worlds, a Gladiator and Wrangler in the garage.
Similar story here. We love our Gladiator so much we bought a Wrangler too. No issues in the garage, parking lots or trails.

Interesting to see almost polar opposite perspectives in the gladiator vs. wrangler forums ... I suppose that's somewhat to be expected :)

ripler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I bought one one of the first Gladiators in my area and wouldn't trade it for anything but a new Gladiator. Before I had the Gladiator, I had full sized trucks. I wanted a Jeep for the longest time, but I needed something to tow my boat, so when the Gladiator came out it was perfect for me. Before I bought the Gladiator I was trying to convince my wife to trade her Pathfinder in and she refused, so I ended up with a Gladiator. I couldn't keep my wife out of the thing, she was always asking to trade vehicles for the day. We ended up buying her a new JLU last year.

Thegrants82

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
I bought a 2020 fully loaded Gladiator Rubicon in August of last year after trading in my 2014 JKU Sahara. I really loved it at first and then after about a month or two really started missing the enclosed cargo space of a 4 door wrangler. I know everyone says "Just put a cargo cover or topper on it to enclose it." I just prefer to have the enclosed space that is part of the enclosed part of the Jeep personally. I also was not a fan of how long the Gladiator was after coming from a JKU. So, I put an order in for a 2021 4Xe Rubicon and traded in the Gladiator. Glad those hold their value and dealerships are paying top dollar for used cars right now. It got me wondering how many Wrangler owners got a Gladiator only to regret it and are going back or went back to a Wrangler? I'm not saying they are bad, I'm just saying it wasn't for me.
I think that they just plain look silly being sooo long for no reason, bad for off roading. I know three people that bought and already traded them back in.

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
Completely agree with you. A lift and larger tires helps the looks. 33s looks wrong.

Without the lift & big tires, the Gladiator looks like a Nissan Frontier...
Sponsored