How many people have already bought and traded in their Gladiators?

Sparty

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Sold) 04 TJ, 20 JT, 21 JLR
When they announced the Gladiator Concept back in 04/05 I swore I was going to get one. I had just replaced my TJ for a Ram Pickup. But when the production was green lighted over a decade later it had changed a lot. The side tire carrier, shorter bed and extra cab that opened up suicide door style were great touches that really had the right dimensions (for me). Don't get me wrong, I like the Gladiators. But to me they really needed to be lifted and have 37's to look right in my eye. When I bought my JLUR a couple months ago, I gave them another look. I'm happy with my decision, to each their own.

Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 5.07.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 5.06.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 5.07.03 PM.png
I personally love the side spare tire mount. However, we all need to remember a couple of things.

* MPG and federal requirements. That thing is basically a big sail hanging off the side.

Hmmm. I’m in North Louisiana and searching on Car Fax JTR’s with around 20K miles within a 500 mile radius seem to be about $15-20K off what I can build one for on Jeep’s website. Disclaimer: I have been wrong before. A lot. :)
I had this in a previous response - sorry for the repeat

In Sept 2020 - I was intent on finding a used Gladiator with less than 10K miles. The used ones I could find were just about the same price that I could get a NEW Gladiator from the dealer with incentives
Advertisement

WemoVealot

First Name
Chris
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTO, 2021 JLUR
Are you a Renegade owner? You lost me.

JandS

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe | Exige S | R wagon | V Wagon | MB S65
I'm not sure that really applies here.

People like 4 door pickups over 2 door pickups because the price increase makes sense from a capability standpoint.

4 door pickups offer more legroom than any cars, with the exception of stretched wheelbase sedans such as the long S Class. This means that they're great for driving a family or extra workers around.

4 door pickups also offer lockable storage space, in addition to the bed space.

In any case, the quotes in the article (from 2012) are bonkers and a classic case of fear mongering. Just check out this one:

But the reality is that Detroit’s car makers need trucks to be affordable to stay in business. CAFE compliance for full-size trucks is a major topic in the auto industry, with concerns about rising costs being a major bugaboo for the Big Three. Ford is said to be moving to an aluminum body for the next F-150, while various reports have claimed that compliance with CAFE 2025 standards could add as much as $15,000 to the cost of a full-size truck. This kind of financial burden would make pickup trucks unaffordable to a significant portion of its customer base, and erode a massive source of profits for American automakers. As Niedermeyer noted, full size trucks would “…become a purely professional purchase, bought only by those who use them for work or by the wealthy.” A European-style consumption tax based on emissions of fuel efficiency would be devastating for the full-sized truck market, and it’s hardly a coincidence that CAFE is structured in such a way that best protects these vehicles.
There isn't $15,000 in emissions equipment on a pickup.

Trucks didn't become a purchase only for the wealthy or tradesman.

Instead, we have the Big 3 building larger trucks and variants that have stupidly high horsepower and torque ratings. BTW, when I write "stupidly," I don't mean that the trucks are stupid, just that it is crazy how much output manufacturers can get out of engines these days - numbers that were only available on mid-6-figure supercars or race cars that had to be rebuilt after each race are now available in consumer pickups.

betsy

First Name
jeffrey
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl rubicon 2dr ,2016 jk rubicon hard rock 2dr
I traded the 18 JL rubicon for my 20 JT rubicon, sold the 16 JK rubicon, bought the wife a used Renegade, 17 with 16k miles, we hated it, ordered a 21 JL rubicon, surprisingly only took 3 1/2 weeks , happy now, truck and 2dr rubicon , life is good, my retirement plan has come together.

Advertisement

Hothead Headliners

Advertisement