Sponsored

How many people have already bought and traded in their Gladiators?

JerseyMark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Willys Sport, 2019 JLU Sahara
So, personally, my view of a JT is as a companion vehicle to a JL and not an outright replacement. JTs require much more height to do the same things off road as a JL, and require a lot of chopping to mitigate the size limitations, but you can't completely eradicate the limitations. If you leave it long, you then have to deal with the length on the trail.

However, as a companion vehicle, it shines IMO. This what my wife and I plan on doing - getting a JT that will be for milder trails/lines, can carry the camping equipment, tow in an extreme pinch if your JL/JLU is light enough (not a tow rig by any means, but can be pressed into service if needed), and act as a recovery vehicle/parts gofer if I break the JL. For times we want to do milder trails for the views and such the JT has more options for carrying things and will be more comfortable due to the wheelbase. But it will never wheel like a JL/JLU. It will always be either lower in breakover or much tippier if you lift high enough to achieve acceptable breakover. It will always be long, even with a bed chop.

This is true…. I went back and forth between JL and JT twice(thank god for crazy used market over the past 2 years) and now have the best of both worlds(Wife has a JLUR and I have a JTM). I find that the JT is not as fun to drive as the JLU. It is a compromise between a truck and a Jeep. For me, I don’t need a big truck bed, but I do enough around the house where a small bed is nice to have.
Overall, if my wife didn’t have the JLUR for me to use for the fun Wrangler experience, I would not have the JTM and would just have my own JLU.
Sponsored