How many oncoming drivers getting ticked with the JL LED headlights

se7en

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X / Zynith / 3.6 Auto / SOT / XR
Anyone else feel that the running halo, ring led lights in the head lights are a bit to dull or dim when compared to running led lights in the fenders? I feel as if a brighter ring led would give the jeep more aggression... Thoughts?
Yeah, I wish it were reversed. I wish the halos were the bright ones and the fenders were the dimmer ones. Wonder what the thinking was on this one. The round headlights are iconic...should have made those the brighter of the two.
Sponsored

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
I like to turn off my lights completely as I approach someone in the dark on a two lane road when its just the two of us - about 40 yards out. I turn off the interior lights too. My Jeep is black. And I roll down my windows and play Enter Sandman at full blast.

Makes 'em think.

OldBird

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
After taking the kids to school this morning down our dark rural roads, in a little Ford Focus, being followed by a Chevy truck with OE LEDs, I've decided that one of the first things I will do when my Jeep shows up is park it behind the little car with the lights on. that will tell me pretty quickly if they need to be aimed.

It's not just about courtesy, it's about blinding people. Especially old people like me. Even with the dimmed rear view it was so bright inside the car that I couldn't see the dark road in front of me, and when we would go around curves so he wasn't directly behind me it took a while for my eyes to adjust to the darkness again.

Absolutely nothing wrong with bright lights, but you need to be sure they are aimed right so you're not creating a dangerous situation.

Matt The Hammer

First Name
Fake Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR and YJ
Occupation
Engineer
I like to turn off my lights completely as I approach someone in the dark on a two lane road when its just the two of us - about 40 yards out. I turn off the interior lights too. My Jeep is black. And I roll down my windows and play Enter Sandman at full blast.

Makes 'em think.
I do this - except I drive on the shoulder of the opposing side of the road.

No enter sandman though - I play Rock the Casbah by the Clash instead.

If I get stopped by the cops - I'll say it's the crazy Australian music that made me do it.

NathanG

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
After taking the kids to school this morning down our dark rural roads, in a little Ford Focus, being followed by a Chevy truck with OE LEDs, I've decided that one of the first things I will do when my Jeep shows up is park it behind the little car with the lights on. that will tell me pretty quickly if they need to be aimed.

It's not just about courtesy, it's about blinding people. Especially old people like me. Even with the dimmed rear view it was so bright inside the car that I couldn't see the dark road in front of me, and when we would go around curves so he wasn't directly behind me it took a while for my eyes to adjust to the darkness again.

Absolutely nothing wrong with bright lights, but you need to be sure they are aimed right so you're not creating a dangerous situation.
When your rear window is level with the headlights of a truck or Jeep, you will get this. I was behind a Miata this morning in traffic and could see the drivers pink converse all star low tops with no socks. He had a tan line.

Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Just curious, has anyone complained your JL LED lights are too bright? I was in a drive through just a few minutes ago and the dude in front of me yelled at me to turn off my brights. I just said sorry, the brights aren’t on, but he was ticked.
Many JLs come from the factory with improper aiming of the headlamps. This is true of LED and Halogen lights. You need to find a level surface in front of a large wall and aim them appropriately.

Titan2727

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Is it a simple matter to adjust LED headlight elevation on a JL?
Yes very simple...just need a wall and a Philip's head.
Behind each head light, under the hood, there is a white adjustment screw(not hard to find).

Park in front of wall and adjust by turning the "screw" left and/or right.

Had to adjust mine after 2" lift

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL

Sponsored

GoHack

First Name
Gordon (N7QEI)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting-Gray JLU Sport, DoM 7/18 (Wed)
Occupation
Mech Engr
Vehicle Showcase
It's not just w/the LED lights on the Jeep Wrangler JL, but w/other year models as well.

The problem is, the lights are too close to each other on the Jeeps, thus making them appear to be brighter.

I had the problem w/the CJ-7, TJ, and the JK Wranglers.

IPvFletch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
If you lift your Jeep adjust your lights, if you don’t lift and continually get flashed watch a video on how to aim and make sure your lights are aimed correctly.
^ THIS ^ for headlights.
For other (non "work") lights, such as the DRLs, consider smoking/tinting them.

RamMan

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport Dsl. / '16 Ram PW / '14 GC Dsl.
Occupation
Transport / Odd Jobs
Just curious, has anyone complained your JL LED lights are too bright? I was in a drive through just a few minutes ago and the dude in front of me yelled at me to turn off my brights. I just said sorry, the brights aren’t on, but he was ticked.
You can tailgate me with whatever. Ordered JLU with no tint, saved hundreds $$. Had 20% Mirror Tint installed on everything except the two front doors. Included a strip on the top of windshield, $125; reflects heat & light. My reflection is real handsome when looking at the 20% Mirror. On my factory JK tint, I had to roll my window down to back my trailer at night. Now, no more powerful backup bulbs needed, even with the window up.

Darter02

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ronlutzii-photographer.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Occupation
Photographer
Ironically I have been flashed on a few occasions and I do not have the LED package.
I just drove my new 2019 JLU Sport at night for the first time last evening. After getting off the highway I had three cars flash me within 20 minutes. I guess I'll have to go find a wall to do some adjustments.
Sponsored