How many oncoming drivers getting ticked with the JL LED headlights

Sloxkhart98

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangjer JL Rubicon
Just curious, has anyone complained your JL LED lights are too bright? I was in a drive through just a few minutes ago and the dude in front of me yelled at me to turn off my brights. I just said sorry, the brights aren’t on, but he was ticked.
Sponsored

Its-a-JK

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK 2 door
Welcome to the world of LED headlights because in general they are a lot harder on the eyes and as you get older that just gets worse, trust me. I have passed a few JK's with them and though they are bright they haven't seemed much worse than many other vehicles with factory installed LEDs but their higher location on a Jeep is going to cause some folks to think you left your highs on. Try to aim them down slightly, its not really going to affect you but could be a lot better for the on coming driver as well as those in front of you.

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Just curious, has anyone complained your JL LED lights are too bright? I was in a drive through just a few minutes ago and the dude in front of me yelled at me to turn off my brights. I just said sorry, the brights aren’t on, but he was ticked.
Next time turn your brights on and ask if that's better!

Sponsored

Nate

First Name
Mr. A-hole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2019 Grand Cherokee, 2018 Road King, 1996 Bronco
Occupation
Machinist, Gunsmith and Dumbass Whisperer

Indio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Jeep TJ, 1985 Jeep CJ-7, 1972 Series III Land Rover
Occupation
Procrastinator
Do you think it might have been the new JL lights in the front fenders that bothered the other driver? When the Super Bowl commercial aired, my wife was right away asking what was up with the bright lights on the front fenders. And those lights did seem a lot brighter than I thought they would be. Maybe they were enhanced to show brighter for the commercial for effect so viewers would notice them. They sure were noticeable.

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
I put my parking lights on in the drive-thru. This would be a good practice if everyone did it. Just remember to turn your headlights back on when you hit the road again.

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
I used to have this problem with my ‘00 s2000 - it was one of the earlier cars with HIDs and nobody was used to them. Not sunrises you’re having this happen with a MUCH stalker vehicle...

As the earlier advice, umm... advised, aim them down a bit - that will help.

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
Get a 2" lowering kit. Seriously, though, I'm guessing for more people it isn't simply the intensity of the lights but rather the relative height and positioning - especially nose-to-butt like at a drive-through. Driving mostly cars (and, seasonally, motorcycles) like I do in a world that has experienced an explosive growth in SUV's/light trucks I'm used to the temporary bright (but not high beam) headlights beaming in on me by the higher (to me) position of their lights. Not everyone is, though - was the guy in front of you in a "lower" vehicle? Personally what bugs me much more is people with badly misaligned lights and/or crappy aftermarket lights (the two frequently go hand in hand).

Sponsored

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I used to get that all the time when I drove my first car with Xenon headlights; I always wanted to respond by flashing my brights back but learned to just ignore them.

I used to have this problem with my ‘00 s2000 - it was one of the earlier cars with HIDs and nobody was used to them. Not sunrises you’re having this happen with a MUCH stalker vehicle...

As the earlier advice, umm... advised, aim them down a bit - that will help.
Why would I change my vehicle from factory settings because someone else is annoyed by a properly setup vehicle?

The best advice is to just not worry about it; if asked to turn off your brights you can respond they're not on.

OP
OP
Sloxkhart98

Sloxkhart98

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangjer JL Rubicon
Get a 2" lowering kit. Seriously, though, I'm guessing for more people it isn't simply the intensity of the lights but rather the relative height and positioning - especially nose-to-butt like at a drive-through. Driving mostly cars (and, seasonally, motorcycles) like I do in a world that has experienced an explosive growth in SUV's/light trucks I'm used to the temporary bright (but not high beam) headlights beaming in on me by the higher (to me) position of their lights. Not everyone is, though - was the guy in front of you in a "lower" vehicle? Personally what bugs me much more is people with badly misaligned lights and/or crappy aftermarket lights (the two frequently go hand in hand).
He was in a late model Chevy truck so he really wasn’t that much lower

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Why would I change my vehicle from factory settings because someone else is annoyed by a properly setup vehicle?
Hahahahahaha... that’s funny. Properly set up from the factory. Have you ever checked the aim of your headlights? They may be perfectly fine, but it’s quite common for headlights to be off - even fresh from the factory.

If your lights happen to point a bit too high, a little adjustment can go a long way toward being a courteous motorist.

JHJLUR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GC Overland, 18 JLUR
I had a few people flash me the other evening, gave them a shot of the high beams.. no I wasn’t trying to be a dick, just showing them I wasn’t high beaming them.... these lights are bright, very bright but I don’t think they are worse for oncoming drivers then any other comparable LEDs out there.

oldowl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius 4 (2010) Audi Q5 (2014)
Is it a simple matter to adjust LED headlight elevation on a JL?
Sponsored