Sponsored

How many oncoming drivers getting ticked with the JL LED headlights

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
Every once in awhile I will get flashed. I have a tazer so my fog lights stay on with my high beams. Its gotta be pretty damn bright when I flash them back.

Now my wife's chevy Malibu gets flashed all the time. Her lights are brighter than my Jeep.
Sponsored

AlanD

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Nacho Wrangler Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
I don't have factory LEDS I have the Oracle Oculus but they are aimed perfect. Sunday night I was coming home from Home Depot with multiple bags of Morter grout etc in back of JLU. I have 2 and a half Terraflex lift and springs just soft enough i notice it was pulling low beams up and cutoff was right at the side view mirrors on a couple cars in front of me. So I turned on parking lights waiting at Burger King and a couple stop lights with sports cars in front of me.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I went down the LED bulb retrofit last summer. I have the SV.4 bulbs. Really a mistake. IMO, they have a lot of glare above the cutoff. More than the factory LEDs. I want to buy some new factory LED headlights, but they're backordered for months.

When I go thru the drive thru In-N-Out, I just shut off the headlights. I probably should just run them down a bunch and be done with it. I am ready for a factory light even with its issues.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I don't have factory LEDS I have the Oracle Oculus but they are aimed perfect. Sunday night I was coming home from Home Depot with multiple bags of Morter grout etc in back of JLU. I have 2 and a half Terraflex lift and springs just soft enough i notice it was pulling low beams up and cutoff was right at the side view mirrors on a couple cars in front of me. So I turned on parking lights waiting at Burger King and a couple stop lights with sports cars in front of me.
I've always been mindful of lowering my lights after every tire and suspension increase, just enough to not regularly blind oncomers. But now at over 9" higher than stock, I've had to make some new habits for the sake of being considerate. Things like killing the headlamps when maneuvering in crowded lit parking lots, or if I'm 1st in line at a red light crossing a crowned road with others waiting on the opposite side, and I stay about 20' away from cars in front of me so I'm not flooding their mirrors. I've had several people that took notice and threw me a thumbs up as we passed.

Badbear0416

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
I constantly get flashed and always have my hamd on stalk to high beam them back. Funny thing is I find the ones putting their highs on are the ones woth even brighter reg headlights like Cadillac Lincolns Ford and tm trucks etc...lmao... I'm like dude your lights are brighter than my rubicons and flash me? They probably don't realize it either as they have never probably been in front of their own bright asf lights lol. Again I keep hand on stalk as I drive flash back and I'm sure they get super blinded from that...eventually everyone might...big might realize kts a jeep from the front end as you can tell big time front ends of the new jeeps and go oh ya those lights are normal like their own lol
I try not to be a dick juat a quick flash unless they keep theirs on the while time as I've had than ya I hold it on since I have the auto shut down on rubicon...I think all jeeps have that if I'm correct or it's just with the advanced and reg safety group as I have both safety features on rubicin which is nice on mostly hwy

Sponsored

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
I constantly get flashed and always have my hamd on stalk to high beam them back. Funny thing is I find the ones putting their highs on are the ones woth even brighter reg headlights like Cadillac Lincolns Ford and tm trucks etc...lmao... I'm like dude your lights are brighter than my rubicons and flash me? They probably don't realize it either as they have never probably been in front of their own bright asf lights lol. Again I keep hand on stalk as I drive flash back and I'm sure they get super blinded from that...eventually everyone might...big might realize kts a jeep from the front end as you can tell big time front ends of the new jeeps and go oh ya those lights are normal like their own lol
I try not to be a dick juat a quick flash unless they keep theirs on the while time as I've had than ya I hold it on since I have the auto shut down on rubicon...I think all jeeps have that if I'm correct or it's just with the advanced and reg safety group as I have both safety features on rubicin which is nice on mostly hwy
If you’re getting flashed, your headlights need to be aimed a bit lower. Very easy to accomplish with a torx driver. A retaliatory flash is not addressing the problem…. If you do this to a cop, a big fine is headed your way if he decides to get nasty with you. I have factory LEDs and Diode dynamics Pros for my fogs…that I run with my low beams. I have very good visibility and never get flashed.

azjl#3

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sarge Green JLR
Just curious, has anyone complained your JL LED lights are too bright? I was in a drive through just a few minutes ago and the dude in front of me yelled at me to turn off my brights. I just said sorry, the brights aren’t on, but he was ticked.
I had a cop on an unmarked POS bait car honda civic in front of me, turn his cop lights on, gets behind me and pulled me over. First words, "why are you driving with high beams on", of course I then show him they are on low, and show him high, and mention my headlights are higher than your rear view mirror, he huffs off. No disrespect to law enforcement, I love em.

Disagree with re aiming, mine are factory spec aimed correctly, stock ride height and empty weight.

So, no, no ticket.

five9dak

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bikini '20 JL Freedom, '99 Dakota R/T, '97 Boxster
I pretty much hate all new suvs and crossovers with LEDs when I drive my car at night.
Sponsored