How many oncoming drivers getting ticked with the JL LED headlights

BrntWS6

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
Every once in awhile I will get flashed. I have a tazer so my fog lights stay on with my high beams. Its gotta be pretty damn bright when I flash them back.

Now my wife's chevy Malibu gets flashed all the time. Her lights are brighter than my Jeep.
Advertisement

AlanD

First Name
Alan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Nacho Wrangler Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
I don't have factory LEDS I have the Oracle Oculus but they are aimed perfect. Sunday night I was coming home from Home Depot with multiple bags of Morter grout etc in back of JLU. I have 2 and a half Terraflex lift and springs just soft enough i notice it was pulling low beams up and cutoff was right at the side view mirrors on a couple cars in front of me. So I turned on parking lights waiting at Burger King and a couple stop lights with sports cars in front of me.

roaniecowpony

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I went down the LED bulb retrofit last summer. I have the SV.4 bulbs. Really a mistake. IMO, they have a lot of glare above the cutoff. More than the factory LEDs. I want to buy some new factory LED headlights, but they're backordered for months.

When I go thru the drive thru In-N-Out, I just shut off the headlights. I probably should just run them down a bunch and be done with it. I am ready for a factory light even with its issues.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I don't have factory LEDS I have the Oracle Oculus but they are aimed perfect. Sunday night I was coming home from Home Depot with multiple bags of Morter grout etc in back of JLU. I have 2 and a half Terraflex lift and springs just soft enough i notice it was pulling low beams up and cutoff was right at the side view mirrors on a couple cars in front of me. So I turned on parking lights waiting at Burger King and a couple stop lights with sports cars in front of me.
I've always been mindful of lowering my lights after every tire and suspension increase, just enough to not regularly blind oncomers. But now at over 9" higher than stock, I've had to make some new habits for the sake of being considerate. Things like killing the headlamps when maneuvering in crowded lit parking lots, or if I'm 1st in line at a red light crossing a crowned road with others waiting on the opposite side, and I stay about 20' away from cars in front of me so I'm not flooding their mirrors. I've had several people that took notice and threw me a thumbs up as we passed.

Advertisement

Smart Stop Start

Advertisement