How many oncoming drivers getting ticked with the JL LED headlights

GlitteryPonies

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S
I think this is a common problem with all JLs. Mine are halogen, but i was getting flashed by at least 10% of the cars at night. I got tired of flashing my brights at them, so I adjusted them properly. They were nearly a full 12" high at 25' from the factory.
Sponsored

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
I do this - except I drive on the shoulder of the opposing side of the road.

No enter sandman though - I play Rock the Casbah by the Clash instead.

If I get stopped by the cops - I'll say it's the crazy Australian music that made me do it.
The clash are from england

cball508

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392

I would get high beams constantly in a factory Rubicon with LED package. No difference when I switch to 315 s. I watched the video and it literally takes Thirty Seconds to adjust them. I did one full rotation on passenger and one and a half rotations down on drivers headlight and I haven't been high beamed since. No big visibility change either

Sponsored

LincolnSixAlpha

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Just curious, has anyone complained your JL LED lights are too bright? I was in a drive through just a few minutes ago and the dude in front of me yelled at me to turn off my brights. I just said sorry, the brights aren’t on, but he was ticked.
I've had no-one complain, though I'm sure they wanted to. Just returned from a 2400 mile trip, and I love getting close (though I don't/won't tailgate) to the a-holes that like to behave badly on the highway. They ware WONDERFUL lights, very bright. I'm sure they do upset people, so generally I stay back a bit further to be a bit more considerate unless your one of those a-holes.

JayD1056

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS, 1995 Pontiac TransAm, 2019 Mini Cooper
Haven’t been complained to or flashed in nearly 7000 miles. I live in California and the amount of vehicles with ultra bright lights is so high I think people are used to it. I’ve also been keeping a eye on where I stop behind drivers to keep the light out of the rear view.

Done a couple trips to Northern California and Seattle and didn’t get any flashes there either.

EZMFE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Adjusted mine after the lift and after the tire change to 37's. I've never had anyone bright me but I sure do light up the back of the car in front of me if I get too close :sun:

Cgoose42

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Are you able to use high beams without having nearly 30ft of darkness in front of the Jeep? My oem JL leds seem like projectors when using high beams. Then when it’s really cold, one takes longer to turn on. Jeep was no help with service.

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
My wife's BRZ has a dial inside the cabin on the dash that adjust the headlight angle up/down. Not sure of the cost but it would be a solution.

NewNLJeep

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 unlimited Sahara, 2018 Escape Titanium
Oh well, I guess I’ll be one of the crazy Canadians ordering the OEM LEDs while you need heated LEDs through these NJ snow storms lol
I’m definitely one of the crazy canucks, though our winters on the west coast of NL aren’t too bad given that they are usually 7 months long /s

the factory LEDs were great last winter. I used rain x spray once a week and had no icing or snow issues, well, except when enough snow fell to bury the front end of the Jeep....but that only happened 6 or 7 times......Yamaha snowblower ftw.....

Rick Deckard

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
A frustrating safety concern! Having a tall, short wheelbase (2 door), long travel suspension vehicle, with super bright factory LED headlamps which doesn't have auto leveling. Yes you can manually adjust them but as soon as the load is changed you're back to either blinding oncoming traffic or can't see down the road. Come on FCA, my 2018 Mazda with a lot less travel, longer wheelbase, and way less height has auto leveling headlamps included, and it was half the price. I'm sure some bean counter was like "we can save $50 on each non exported vehicle if we don't include it, I mean it's not currently mandated by the NHTSA." That said, I do carry a foot long screw driver in my Jeep to make adjustments but it's a little annoying having to find a flat section of road and appropriately adjust them. I'm trying to see if I can buy the harness, controller, and motors from an Aussie parts supplier but the details are vague, if any of our export (non US) friends could post part numbers and photos that would be greatly appreciated! It looks like the headlight housings I have "can" support it but I have no idea of what plugs into them.
Sponsored