Sponsored

How many oncoming drivers getting ticked with the JL LED headlights

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I would just ignore it. People are dumb. Get this all the time on my Rover.

Matt The Hammer

First Name
Fake Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR and YJ
Occupation
Engineer
Maybe it's time that headlights came with a medium setting, instead of just high and low?
Haven't used the JL led headlamps yet.

For the 2017 JK factory led headlights - the high beams aren't much to write home about. I think the low beams are so much better, that the added light for the highs isn't as dramatic as it was with the halogens.

So medium? Not necessary.

Now if they had a high beam for reverse lights standard - that would be cool.

NWGS

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2013 JKU on 1tons and 40's, Dodge Viper
Just curious, has anyone complained your JL LED lights are too bright? I was in a drive through just a few minutes ago and the dude in front of me yelled at me to turn off my brights. I just said sorry, the brights aren’t on, but he was ticked.

I get flashed at all the time. It is worse now with a Evo 2.5" lift and 37's. It happened 3 times last night.

WWHorizon

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 ZJ 2005 WK
It’s funny that you brought this up OP, I think that we’re going to start seeing some sort of regulatory action on headlight brightness in the near future. Or at the very least stricter enforcement of current laws. My reasoning is three fold, the increasing number of vehicles coming standard with bright LED’s and the increase in people installing aftermarket kits, combined with the notion that a large percentage of the regular public don’t even realize headlights are adjustable. Way back when, headlight alignment was actually something that was part of service checks. Us DIY’s were quite familiar with the masking tape on your garage door method of measuring and adjusting them. Hell I just did it a few months ago on my wife’s Chrysler. As far as aftermarket, I can’t tell you how many times, even as recent as last week, that I’ve been completely blinded to the point of slowing down and desperately searching for the right side of the road by some guy in a jacked up truck with projector lights or LEDS. They either have no idea to adjust them or don’t care. Then remember that it wasn’t long ago when the only cars that had super bright lights were high end Mercedes-Benz and the like. So at least in many area’s you didn’t see them everyday. Now everyone’s getting them standard. We’ll see how it plays out I guess.

The last years of the JK had LEDs as well, are the JL’s brighter than that?

Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
I get flashed at all the time. It is worse now with a Evo 2.5" lift and 37's. It happened 3 times last night.
Just curious, were your lights re-aimed after the lift/tire install?

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
Base model wins again!

JHJLUR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GC Overland, 18 JLUR
Can’t wait to get mine and get even with about 70% of people driving with aftermarket bulbs and driving with high beams on with no respect of oncoming traffic.
truth, these pricks are the real problem.....

Stuweeks

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I just traded in my 2017 with LED package for the JL. The LEDs on he JL seem much brighter

Sponsored

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
This is in a pitch dark street

FFDE9941-E7C4-4DDD-B03A-159DFF519B86.jpeg

7F220B9B-0B06-451A-875D-CEE130ACC908.jpeg

Man-of-methods

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR (His) 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS (Hers)
Vehicle Showcase
I hope they get hot enough to melt ice and snow.
They get hot. I put my hand in front of the headlight and they get hot fast. First thing I noticed. I did not expect that. Heat is there, try it for yourself.