Sponsored

How many of you Manual JLs out there like your 6speed?

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
Love the 6 speed manual. It was a must have when i was searching for a JLUR..

Jeep Wrangler JL How many of you Manual JLs out there like your 6speed? 1649215085575
Sponsored

Last edited:

Brendon

First Name
Brendon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Willys 2020 GMC Denali 2500 HD
Vehicle Showcase
At 20k, it's the same experience. I like that the trans is made in Japan. The clutch is still very different from every other vehicle I've owned, but I love the manual.
I, too like my 6 spd and it is different from every manul I've ever driven but I would denfinelty do it again. I'm at 3500 miles waiting for the warranty to expire and will then go .456 on the geraing

Bayfield

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler unlimited sport / Ford Ranger
I learned to drive manual in 1974 on my uncles farm in the south of England in a 1960's era Land Rover , in those days you were allowed to drive on the roads at 14 so long as it was agriculture related . never driven an automatic unless it was a loaner while my vehicle was in the shop . 62 this year and just purchased a 2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sport , 3.6, 6 MT, 5000 km on it now , lovin' this beast ! Massive snow storm last week and this thing goes anywhere ! my only complaint is it's still very stiff to engage 4 low but it is getting better as I use it .

greenMarine

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 CJ7, 69C101, lots of tj's, Jk's and a JT & JL
Yesterday I brought home my order 2022 JL - Sport with the Manual - I love the fuel economy seeing 22mpg on stock tires mixed driving at 300 miles in 24 hours. I am planning on running 33/34" tall metric and know that I'll be regearing -

I always ran 5.13's in my JK Manuals - feel like that might be too low for this Manual Transmission - 4.88's is what I am leaning towards.

I would love to hear what gear changes folks like with the manual and 35's.

In my JK's with 35's and 5.13's they pulled hard and had a ton of torque in 5th and 6th gears and only in legitimate mountains on 37's did I ever need to drop a gear - I never felt like I needed more power with the 3.8l or 3.6l JK's - when I bumped to 37's and 5.13's on the JKs it was comfortable and did everything I wanted it to do.

The fella I spoke with at Nitro Gears said 4.88's was the Jam for JL Manual -

All this to say no regrets on the manual - its is an involved process and it makes driveing an experience.

Cheers All!

Red Willy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Beach High Tide, 2021 2 dr. Willys stick
Occupation
Professional Nobody
Coming from a JLURD with the fantastic 8 spd auto to a 2dr manual was a big change. The 8spd auto in the JL's is one of the best I've driven. I've owned a lot of manuals, and this one is very smooth. With the light clutch, it's really not an issue in traffic. I think for off road use, the auto would be better. I'm afraid of this newer design clutch and wonder how much abuse it will take off road.

Sponsored

Chugiakguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wlllys Sport
I was just being a smartass, Sidewalk!

But in all honesty, I don't see myself ever putting this Jeep into 6th gear. But then again, I rarely and only momentarily ever get much over 60 mph.

Sponsored

Sidewalk

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
I was just being a smartass, Sidewalk!

But in all honesty, I don't see myself ever putting this Jeep into 6th gear. But then again, I rarely and only momentarily ever get much over 60 mph.
I was young and dumb when I was stationed in Homer, so I am sure I could have EASILY gone 90+ to Soldotna.

You just aren't trying hard enough :LOL:

Chugiakguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wlllys Sport
I was young and dumb when I was stationed in Homer, so I am sure I could have EASILY gone 90+ to Soldotna.

You just aren't trying hard enough :LOL:
Oh certainly, I agree, Sidewalk! I also can't count the number of wrecks due to slick roads and moose collisions that I've seen along the Seward and Sterling Highways, either.

Watching a car bouncing end-over-end down the downhill stretch from Turnagain Pass, as bodies were sequentially ejected from it, will put the fear of God into you for life.
Sponsored