First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 06 Duramax, e39 Touring
Occupation
Software
It looks like a nice place to sit on! I actually wouldn't mind having that :)
Sponsored

OP
OP
KananagaS

KananagaS

First Name
Sho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Occupation
Engineer
wow and i thought the plastic bumper on my jeep was ugly you jeep owners in Japan get even uglier ones.
Unfortunately, it is the most ugly one. Not only Japan, but outside of the North America.

OP
OP
KananagaS

KananagaS

First Name
Sho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
It looks like a nice place to sit on! I actually wouldn't mind having that :)
Went river fishing the other day, and my boys were sitting on it while fishing. Save the space in the trunk to carry the folding chairs.

@CBEUnion

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU, 18 JL, 21 JL
All your responses making sense. We get the advanced safety package as standard equipment here on all Wrangler models here is Japan. The sensor for forward collision prevention is inside of the box by the interior rear view mirror. But we also have the parking sensors mounts on both front and rear bumpers... see my attached photo.

I have seen a few Japanese aftermarket sites selling steel bumpers with the holes drilled, but they want too much for it. This leads me to consider if I can have my friends to ship me stock US bumpers from the States, it would probably be cheaper even after the freight cost.

Some of you may think.. why not get the steel bumper? Well, per my understanding it is a violation of the Law here. And I may lose my plates if change to the steel bumpers. I don’t quite understand their Law as only been living here since 2017.

B7DC9E1B-5C63-4BD8-95C9-2D1CFF6AD1EA.jpeg

ABAD6336-B8F7-4D4F-BA2F-976F80483F03.jpeg
Great color! Ugly bumper or not, still a nice looking Jeep! :beer:

jakebrake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler rubicon recon
Here in America, I actually expect us to be able to buy an "unsafety package".

Sponsored

Gropax

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S Mojito Green
yea i did that with my Sport S when i got it home i removed those. i got a question if you don't have the front tow hooks do you at least have the rear one. or do they think you will not to get stuck at all.

OP
OP
KananagaS

KananagaS

First Name
Sho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
yea i did that with my Sport S when i got it home i removed those. i got a question if you don't have the front tow hooks do you at least have the rear one. or do they think you will not to get stuck at all.
I do have a front tow hook, but it is more like a tow loop. Located under the front bumper.

BC381448-7828-4BE8-8F87-5245D3D2C2A4.jpeg

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Japan has different Pedestrian Safety requirements, those front fillers are part of that requirement. Before you change anything else, check on what is allowed, government restrictions can really limit what's allowed, and fine heavily for any " infractions"

OP
OP
KananagaS

KananagaS

First Name
Sho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Japan has different Pedestrian Safety requirements, those front fillers are part of that requirement. Before you change anything else, check on what is allowed, government restrictions can really limit what's allowed, and fine heavily for any " infractions"
I am learning this as goes. So I bought the modified flaps from “Tiger Jeep” - a major Jeep dealer, and keep the stock ones in case I still have this car and in Japan when the 1st inspection is due.
Sponsored