How many miles on your 2.0t?

JLURĂ—3

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Recon
Just purchased my first Jeep. Coming from a Tacoma with a 70k miles. Before that a Tundra with 180k on it. I wonder how many miles people have and what has gone wrong or right along the way.
Jeep Wrangler JL How many miles on your 2.0t? 20200720_133035
Jeep Wrangler JL How many miles on your 2.0t? 20200801_113724
Sponsored

Last edited:

gsyoung

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU North Edition
2.5k and no issues.... knock on wood.

werewolf4805

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Over 14,000 miles and no issues to report. I’ve owned multiple 2.0l turbo cars before this and had over 100,000 miles with no issues. Just use high quality gas, change oil regularly, and watch for carbon buildup on the valves.

Avar928

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 2.0 Sport S Granite
45,000mi on my 2.0 2018 JLU Sport S. Uconnect issue first 3mos of ownership, no major issues since then. Still drives like she did the first day I got her. Brakes are at 50% but going to upgrade to the PowerStop Z36s when I get her back. Spark plug change at 60,000mi per normal maintenance schedule.

Had to top off the main coolant reservoir a couple weeks ago all the way back to full. Going to monitor that one but no visible leaks or coolant traces in the engine bay or underneath, and coolant and oil temperatures read normal ranges. Could be the cap. Oil is normal so no ingestion. There is a concerning seal passenger side, appears to be rear of the engine under the vehicle that looks like it's glistening with oil or coolant, not dripping anywhere just looks wet. Will have to take a photo and find out what that is exactly...

Sponsored

Burt

First Name
Burt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2014 FJ Cruiser (TTUE), 2016 Camry XLE (wife’s)
Occupation
Retired
2019 2L with 19.8K no issues, except Uconnect would just turn off, then immediately turn back on. Just at dealership earlier in the week, they did a software update and it has not turned off by itself since.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
45,000mi on my 2.0 2018 JLU Sport S. Uconnect issue first 3mos of ownership, no major issues since then. Still drives like she did the first day I got her. Brakes are at 50% but going to upgrade to the PowerStop Z36s when I get her back. Spark plug change at 60,000mi per normal maintenance schedule.

Had to top off the main coolant reservoir a couple weeks ago all the way back to full. Going to monitor that one but no visible leaks or coolant traces in the engine bay or underneath, and coolant and oil temperatures read normal ranges. Could be the cap. Oil is normal so no ingestion. There is a concerning seal passenger side, appears to be rear of the engine under the vehicle that looks like it's glistening with oil or coolant, not dripping anywhere just looks wet. Will have to take a photo and find out what that is exactly...
You might want to also check for a small crack in the top of the filler neck immediately under the cap. I saw that on a 14 jk yesterday....just a thought

Avar928

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You might want to also check for a small crack in the top of the filler neck immediately under the cap. I saw that on a 14 jk yesterday....just a thought
Thanks I'll check that as well.

Sponsored

ZenWorld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Sahara, 2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Over 14,000 miles and no issues to report. I’ve owned multiple 2.0l turbo cars before this and had over 100,000 miles with no issues. Just use high quality gas, change oil regularly, and watch for carbon buildup on the valves.
How can we clean out the valves due to carbon build up. I have a catch can from mishimoto installed. Anything else I can do?

ZenWorld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Sahara, 2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
I'm at 22,000 Miles and I've only had electrical issues that were due to a fauly battery, and also human error. Dealership guy when checking my batteries didn't tighten a bolt correctly and it was causing a short. All good now!

werewolf4805

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
How can we clean out the valves due to carbon build up. I have a catch can from mishimoto installed. Anything else I can do?
Tuning shops for european cars do walnut blasting to clean the valves. I know BMW dealerships do it as well.

Avar928

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Use top tier gasoline. Fuel system cleaners every oil change could help a little for the pistons but comparative studies by mechanics on YT routinely show even the best cleaner doesn't do that much to help . CRC makes an intake valve cleaner for direct injection and is turbo safe that looks pretty promising.
Sponsored