How many miles on your 2.0t?

T-Tail

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited, 2001 Dodge Viper
Any issues with the sky 1 touch with that kind of mileage? Would you get it again?
No issues at all. I would definitely get it again. No more getting caught in the rain, baking too long in the sun as freezing after the sun goes down. No more pulling over to put the top up, if it was even on the Jeep. Just push a button and bam! The side windows on a Wrangler are pretty small and there is a lot you can’t see that’s above you. Open the roof a little and close it when you finished.
Sponsored

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
We’re currently barely under 36k in our 19 Sahara 2.0. Bad rear USB port so far. One rear door panel had some weird tiny bubbling in the soft touch section up top by the glass. They replaced that too. That’s it.

Last edited:

hiimmike

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Network Engineer
I'm super happy to read all these high mileage and not tons of complaints of carbon on intake valves. I ordered a '22 as my first Jeep and I'm super psyched about it! February can't come soon enough! 😊

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Currently just over 48k. No problems since my last post. Getting 20 avg on the hwy at 70 with the mods in my sig.

Sponsored

nan

First Name
nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
scooty, car
12k in my ’18. I did not find any issues. I own two 2.01 turbos and all are great.

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
One month old, 2.5K miles, completely stock.

No QC issues so far. Get 27mpg on pure 70mph highway, around 24 in mixed driving.

Tried high-test (91) and regular gas (87). Can't tell any difference.

Several paint issues, but nothing I can't (reluctantly) live with.

Would like to insert rectally into the designers without lube, that GD ESS system and the mode that slams on the brakes if my door isn't closed all the way.

Would also like to have a chat with the radio UI designer and the AC mode coder.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I thought the BG system is for port injection with 50 psi, do the make a system to go for the DI at 2000 or so PSi??

I saw my pal at the dealershipdo it to a WK with valvetrain noise , recall he hooked it to the fuel rail with can of the cleaner and shop air, started it up and ran it thru, rehooked the fuel rail and took it for a ride to clean it out, when he got back the tick was gone, couldnt believe it
You don't hook directly to the fuel rail on DI engines, you disconnect the fuel supply line and feed it through there, and a second machine provides a different cleaner at the throttle plate. This fully cleans the intake manifold, intake valves, and fuel injectors.

3TV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 392
1070 miles, and still going strong. ;)

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
About 56k on my 19 JLUR. Not a single hiccup. It's treated to tier 1 93 octane from Mobil and gets oil and filter changed every 5k with pennzoil ultra platinum full synthetic 5/30. Only dealer visit was to get the new cast iron steering box, otherwise I do all my own installs and that keeps me busy crawling around and under it to keep an eye out for anything cropping up.
Jeep Wrangler JL How many miles on your 2.0t? 20211014_133132

jmccorm

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineering
Only 3 months, 6k miles. One issue: the button for dimming/undimming the rear-view mirror does nothing. (It was verified by the dealer, and appointment scheduled for 2 weeks from now.) Other than that, problem free. Oil and filter change at 6k. I think I'll stick with that schedule. Trying to figure out what schedule I want to use for tire rotation.

I switched from 87 and 93 gasoline during 104F days, not thinking that the engine ran better with higher octane gas. And not expecting anything, WOW, I noticed a significant difference! I thought I had been under a 500 mile break-in governor or something. I'm sure the gain would be nowhere near as good if I made the switch again today (60-70F temperature range). I think I should do the switch again and see how much gain I've got in cooler weather.

From what I've gathered, the engine block was designed fairly stout and with varied components attached to fulfill a multitude of roles. I believe we got DOHC, VVT, two stage oil pump (low/high pressure modes) with some intent to reduce pre-ignition, and of course, our turbo and its air intake which is cooled on its own variable-speed coolant circuit. We didn't get MultiAir, and I wonder if I'm reading too much into online complaints, but as far as reliability goes, that might have been to our benefit?

Based on feedback from other owners, I don't think we have any premature wear issues based on mileage to worry about. What I don't have a feel for is how well it is going to stand up to calendar based wear (the wear of seasons, and time). 10 years? 15 years? 20 years? No idea. The first thing to look for there would be reports of hoses cracking, that sort of thing.

My only real concern is when you've replaced engine displacement with complex and interacting technology, sometimes simple issues can become much more difficult to troubleshoot. I watched an interesting video of a tech diagnosing an issue with an FCA vehicle where the turbo wasn't kicking in when the vehicle got up to temperature. There were no significant error codes generated. When the vehicle cooled back down, the turbo worked fine again. Can you guess the cause?

Spark plug gap. Two of the plugs were gapped too wide. They re-gapped the plugs and the turbo behaved normally once again. But this is just an example of a small problem interacting with a complex system and causing an unexpected result. Luckily, time is on side with these kinds of problems. More experienced techs and better tools should make these odd interactions end up being easier to diagnose.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Only 3 months, 6k miles. One issue: the button for dimming/undimming the rear-view mirror does nothing. (It was verified by the dealer, and appointment scheduled for 2 weeks from now.) Other than that, problem free. Oil and filter change at 6k. I think I'll stick with that schedule. Trying to figure out what schedule I want to use for tire rotation.

I switched from 87 and 93 gasoline during 104F days, not thinking that the engine ran better with higher octane gas. And not expecting anything, WOW, I noticed a significant difference! I thought I had been under a 500 mile break-in governor or something. I'm sure the gain would be nowhere near as good if I made the switch again today (60-70F temperature range). I think I should do the switch again and see how much gain I've got in cooler weather.

From what I've gathered, the engine block was designed fairly stout and with varied components attached to fulfill a multitude of roles. I believe we got DOHC, VVT, two stage oil pump (low/high pressure modes) with some intent to reduce pre-ignition, and of course, our turbo and its air intake which is cooled on its own variable-speed coolant circuit. We didn't get MultiAir, and I wonder if I'm reading too much into online complaints, but as far as reliability goes, that might have been to our benefit?

Based on feedback from other owners, I don't think we have any premature wear issues based on mileage to worry about. What I don't have a feel for is how well it is going to stand up to calendar based wear (the wear of seasons, and time). 10 years? 15 years? 20 years? No idea. The first thing to look for there would be reports of hoses cracking, that sort of thing.

My only real concern is when you've replaced engine displacement with complex and interacting technology, sometimes simple issues can become much more difficult to troubleshoot. I watched an interesting video of a tech diagnosing an issue with an FCA vehicle where the turbo wasn't kicking in when the vehicle got up to temperature. There were no significant error codes generated. When the vehicle cooled back down, the turbo worked fine again. Can you guess the cause?

Spark plug gap. Two of the plugs were gapped too wide. They re-gapped the plugs and the turbo behaved normally once again. But this is just an example of a small problem interacting with a complex system and causing an unexpected result. Luckily, time is on side with these kinds of problems. More experienced techs and better tools should make these odd interactions end up being easier to diagnose.
that’s not how turbos work...

jmccorm

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineering
that’s not how turbos work...
That's kind of... vague? If you're referring to octane, temperature, and performance, I'll attach a page from the manual. See: Fuel Requirements, 2.0L Engine (center column).

Jeep Wrangler JL How many miles on your 2.0t? manual

EDIT: ...or if you took umbrage with the phase, " ...the turbo wasn't kicking in...", that should be read as metaphorical and not a literal description of what was happening at a technical level. 😄
Sponsored

Last edited: