Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
Purchased used with 27k rental miles full of strangers, about 30k now with no engine related issues. Really like how quiet it is, just wish the muffler wasn't so enormous.

Medsker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I'm at 46,588 right now. I got it for Valentine's Day in 2019 so not quite two years old. The only problems I've had with it are with the radio. The rearview camera went out once and I still have the random radio restart but I think that has to do with my tazer but I'm not sure.

Have loved putting every mile on it!

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
I bought it used at 16K now I have 32K and it runs great. 100 miles a day commuting and she runs strong as ever. I think I'll definitely check out the BG fuel service soon.
I thought the BG system is for port injection with 50 psi, do the make a system to go for the DI at 2000 or so PSi??

I saw my pal at the dealershipdo it to a WK with valvetrain noise , recall he hooked it to the fuel rail with can of the cleaner and shop air, started it up and ran it thru, rehooked the fuel rail and took it for a ride to clean it out, when he got back the tick was gone, couldnt believe it

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Rubicon, '10 Tahoe PPV, '04 Colorado ZQ8
Occupation
CySec Instructor at DC3
Vehicle Showcase
Bought new 5/19, currently at 10,550.

Funny thing is my cammed, stalled and gear Tahoe get way better mpgs.

Sponsored

Bulldown

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU Rubicon, 2015 GMC Sierra 2500HD All Terrain
I have a 2019, 2 years old this month. 26,000 and no issues at all! Still love the 2.0T. MPG 21-22.

aai

First Name
aai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL 2.0 Rubicon : '20 JT 3.6 Overland
Vehicle Showcase
over 45k on ours with 8k miles towing. Other than a cracked windshield at 30k miles and in need of new tires, she's been golden
Jeep Wrangler JL How many miles on your 2.0t? tempImageQRDJdk

Mikefly562

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU in Granite Crystal Metallic
My 2020 JLU Willy's had 12,335 miles when i traded it in for my 2021 JLUR (which now has 3000 miles), so across 2 vehicles, the 2.0L has been a good engine (knock on wood). I did a 3700ish mile road trip on the 2020 JLU. including steep mountain passes, to L.A. Gridlock, to off roading in the Alabama Hills, San Bernardino Mountains, and a partial run of the Rubicon Trail, and the engine performed flawlessly. The SoCal Jeep members that I met up with that had the 2.0L engine were all happy with their choice as well in their engine selection. Seems like FCA did a good job with the 2.0L implementation.

RatherDashing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
2018 JLU Sport, getting a lift and tires this weekend. Will also hit 16k miles this week. Only problem is the drivers side sun visor broke, fell down. Took the dealer 4 months to get parts and fix.

NomadicTaco

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
This thread is nice to see. I had been thinking 3.6 was the way to go and its been difficult to find one locally in the spec I'm looking for

Sponsored

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
This thread is nice to see. I had been thinking 3.6 was the way to go and its been difficult to find one locally in the spec I'm looking for
I don’t think you can go wrong with either power plant. The V6 is quieter....the turbo 4 would get the nod for high altitude driving.

ZenWorld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Sahara, 2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
I want to point out 2 things so far in this thread....

1. A catch can is not catching really any oil
2. This engine has direct injection.

1. If there is no oil inside the catch can then there is very little oil in the intake manifold which means there is basically none hitting the intake valve.

2. No fuel system cleaner is going to clean intake valves when the vehicle has direct injection. Secondly, if there no oil entering the intake there should be no carbon build up or almost none in the combustion chamber. The only way to remove deposits on the intake valve would be walnut shell blasting which by these indications so far would never be needed.

These are the most import reasons why this engine will make the long haul. Should/Can fuel system cleaner be used? It wont hurt but is not necessary.
Good to KNOW! I was wondering why I wasn't getting any oil in the catch can. Mishimoto dammm yOUU... So far engine running good at 31k Miles only issues were in the beginning with a BAD Aux Battery.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Just passed 60k. New plugs were just put in. So far the engine and transmission are holding up. The engine sounds like it wants to be a washing machine, but it keeps on going.
Dang that must be a record or something.

XACEX

First Name
Shiloh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Really? I think there was one that was listed for sale with over 100k already. I DD mine and had quite a commute for a while. Now it is down to a measly 45 minutes lol.
Sponsored