How many miles on your 2.0t?

Burt

First Name
Burt
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2014 FJ Cruiser (TTUE), 2016 Camry XLE (wife’s)
Occupation
Retired
22k on mine, runs great, no issues... Get 14 mpg when off roading, around 20 mpg’s if not.

Advertisement

Jeep your tips up

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUS 2.0 Bright White Dual Tops
70K KMS stock Sahara. New rubber and new plugs. Other than than the death wobble fix, all has been good. Lots of highway speed, and I think that the punch is still there, like Ijust drove it off the lot 2 years ago.

Alanaloo

First Name
Alana
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willy's Edition
766 as of today.
Had to have a complete engine swap at 600.

BigGreen

First Name
Al
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
14k now.
v41 recall fixed a majority of my steering issues.
Squeaking/howling rear differential was repaired with a seal.
Seems to drive smoother and quieter as the miles rack up.

thrasher949

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Thanks I use Shell 91 all the way and have checked the Mishimoto catch can and found it hasn't produced any oil bypass yet. Time to do some research.
I want to point out 2 things so far in this thread....

1. A catch can is not catching really any oil
2. This engine has direct injection.

1. If there is no oil inside the catch can then there is very little oil in the intake manifold which means there is basically none hitting the intake valve.

2. No fuel system cleaner is going to clean intake valves when the vehicle has direct injection. Secondly, if there no oil entering the intake there should be no carbon build up or almost none in the combustion chamber. The only way to remove deposits on the intake valve would be walnut shell blasting which by these indications so far would never be needed.

These are the most import reasons why this engine will make the long haul. Should/Can fuel system cleaner be used? It wont hurt but is not necessary.

Sarge50

First Name
Joe
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler unlimited Rubicon 2.0t, 2012 Ram 2500 Cummins 2008 Mazdaspeed3
As far as Carbon build up. I plan to use a good turbo safe induction type cleaner(GDI or BG44,) every 15k or so as a precaution. As long as the carbon isn't allowed to build up shouldn't be a problem with large chunks coming loose and damaging valves, cylinder wall or turbo. I haven't researched it yet for my 2.0 JL but have done it in the past on my Mazda Speed3 with no problems as long as you go slow and do not let it suck to much in at once (Hydro lock). I guess I can go through the brake booster vacume line or PVC line where it connects to my oil catch can output.

Punkindave

First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0 Turbo Bluebicon, 2020 JLUR 2.0 Turbo (Wife's)
Occupation
ITS Project Manager
I want to point out 2 things so far in this thread....

1. A catch can is not catching really any oil
2. This engine has direct injection.

1. If there is no oil inside the catch can then there is very little oil in the intake manifold which means there is basically none hitting the intake valve.

2. No fuel system cleaner is going to clean intake valves when the vehicle has direct injection. Secondly, if there no oil entering the intake there should be no carbon build up or almost none in the combustion chamber. The only way to remove deposits on the intake valve would be walnut shell blasting which by these indications so far would never be needed.

These are the most import reasons why this engine will make the long haul. Should/Can fuel system cleaner be used? It wont hurt but is not necessary.
Spot on.. I installed a Misimoto can 5k miles ago, here's what was in there at todays oil change. A half dozen off road trips with mud and deep water crossings.
20200927_134703.jpg

HuskerJL

First Name
Chris
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 2.0T - Black
Bought 9-22, 1900 miles. Took her to Breckenridge from Omaha this weekend, ave 19 mpg @ mostly 80 mph on the interstate. The wind killed the mpg on the way back today. I also had 4 passengers and a full trunk area, so more weight than normal. I am impressed with the 2.0T, very quiet and plenty of power. I had a 3.6L before and it was louder.

trainsafe

First Name
Ted
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0
Over 31,000 miles so far.

Running good. Other than a new tranny on day 2 of ownership, everything else has been running great.

BigGreen

First Name
Al
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
Spot on.. I installed a Misimoto can 5k miles ago, here's what was in there at todays oil change. A half dozen off road trips with mud and deep water crossings.
20200927_134703.jpg
Wow that’s encouraging. The old VW DI horror stories were starting to get to me, worrying about longevity. But it looks like the Italians built a better DI.

wellmane450

First Name
Evan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S Unlimited
Looks like I'm the mileage leader so far. Haha. I have 46xxx miles on my 2018 2.0t. Its been perfect so far with no issues.

Did want to mention, when I was looking for my Jeep (used last year). I saw a 2018 2.0t with 180,000 miles for sale. Verified with dealer with pictures of the odometer. Crazy amount for a 2018 in the year 2019.

Punkindave

First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0 Turbo Bluebicon, 2020 JLUR 2.0 Turbo (Wife's)
Occupation
ITS Project Manager
Looks like I'm the mileage leader so far. Haha. I have 46xxx miles on my 2018 2.0t. Its been perfect so far with no issues.

Did want to mention, when I was looking for my Jeep (used last year). I saw a 2018 2.0t with 180,000 miles for sale. Verified with dealer with pictures of the odometer. Crazy amount for a 2018 in the year 2019.
So I'm guessing that the "unproven" engine is doing OK. I love these folks thinking that one of the largest automotive manufacturers in the world put all their bank on a bad engine! Meanwhile I hear of all kinds of issues with the "tried and true" minivan engine...

Northern88

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler jl 2 dr
2020 bought in March with 22 miles on it and today it’s at 13,500 trouble free miles. Absolutely Love my 2.0 turbo

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
So I'm guessing that the "unproven" engine is doing OK. I love these folks thinking that one of the largest automotive manufacturers in the world put all their bank on a bad engine! Meanwhile I hear of all kinds of issues with the "tried and true" minivan engine...
This is true.. more issues with my 'unproven' clutch and manual transmission. The 3.6 minivan motor has been good so far. Of course only 17k miles on my 2020. Most issues with drivetrain start around 50k+ (or under 10k).

I'd have purchased the 2l turbo if they offered it with the manual trans. Not offering it should have been a red flag.

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
18k miles now on my 18’ 2.0 sport. No power train issues, had a couple of hiccups where in reverse the jeep stalled for whatever reason, and where it kinda froze and just sat in neutral before shifting into reverse.

I’ve had more things done with suspension or steering than power train.

Advertisement

Quadratec

Advertisement