Sponsored

How many miles did you go until cracked windshield

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
I'm going to say roughly 6,000. One of the states I have to drive through on trips seems to have extremely inconsiderate drivers- they will pass you on the interstate and pull in front of you with barely one car length clear. One of those drivers was responsible for the rock. My crack is about 6" from the righthand edge of the windshield so I don't see it and I'm not in a hurry to get it repaired.
Sponsored

Jeep4Win

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Mine was roughly around the 4000 mark. My Jk didn’t get its until around the 120000 mark. Definitely looking at Gorrilla Glass.

niJL

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
I'm at just over 32k with no cracks from the outside of the windshield. When my rear hardtop glass shattered, the shrapnel hit the windshield and left a star from the inside, but it hasn't spread in the last 8k miles.

jeeeeeeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Girlfriend made it 439 miles on the way home from the dealership. Hopefully I have better luck when I pick mine up in a few weeks.

Sponsored

Down South

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Retired
The first couple weeks of ownership, I got two chips within an hour of each other on two different roads.
I had both chips repaired.

R3TRO

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Willys
Occupation
Film Industry
Ughhh... Just last night on my way home from Sedona, AZ on the I-10W. A damn Subie kicked up a rock. Even had mud flaps, but obviously didn't help. Just hit 11,000mi.

Going to try Gorilla Glass next.

OP
OP
missionale

missionale

First Name
Jeepie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
Ughhh... Just last night on my way home from Sedona, AZ on the I-10W. A damn Subie kicked up a rock. Even had mud flaps, but obviously didn't help. Just hit 11,000mi.

Going to try Gorilla Glass next.
be interested if the gorilla glass is worth it - I'm going to try ExoShield

Kyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'91 Ram W250
I just picked my wrangler up Friday morning and within an hour or two at mile 53 I got a small crack from a little rock at the bottom in the middle. It measures maybe 1cm and hasn't gotten bigger yet and I'm closing in on 700 miles.

Sponsored

WagzDad

First Name
Carroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I average a rock impact about every 10k. I have repaired every one of them myself within 24 hours. I use the rainx repair kit. I usually get 8-10 repairs per kit between home and work.
I am still on my original windshield.

AZ Great White

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JL
Occupation
Retired
Mine was broke around 3,400 miles, had it replace and 20 hours later broke it again on HWY 89, don’t know if it’s a record but it should be close🙄. The crack is on the passenger side so I decided leave it for now.
S

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I've owned Wranglers for 15 years and never had a cracked windshield. A few starbursts is all.

BUSHRVN

First Name
MONTE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRANGLER JLU SAHARA HIGH ALTITUDE 3.0
Geesh!! Some of you are lucky! Day two, about 250 km's got the first one. I'm now at 6,000km's in two months and I've got 5 major cracks all over the place but thankfully none are in the drivers vision area. Winter up here, they literally put gravel on the roads practically and when you have -30 to -40 clod snaps, those suckers travel like lightning across the glass.:angry:
For us there's no point in replacing anything till spring and after a bit of rain and time to clear the gravel off the roads.
Sponsored