• Total voters

rfm8os

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2022 Cadillac CT-5 V
I am seriously looking at the JL for my next vehicle, would be first Wrangler. I have always wanted a Wrangler but have ended up driving mostly sporty cars or family friendly vehicles. After going out with a wheeling group a while back I am hooked and want a 4x4.

I keep going back and forth about whether to get a Sport S with lift and tires or just bite the bullet and get the Rubicon. I am leaning towards the latter.
Sponsored

Goes

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon firecracker red (soon)
1960 CJ-5
1976 CJ-7
1980 CJ-5
1995 Wrangler
2002 Wrangler
2007 Wrangler
2012 Wrangler Unlimited
2018 Wrangler Unlimited

DrPerez007

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See Signature
Occupation
Public Safety & Legal Consultant
'53 M38A1 (gave to my little brother; disappeared...the jeep)
'72 CJ-5 (sold)
'04 TJ (sold to my brother-in-law; a Mustang guy who loves this Jeep)
'05 TJ (remains in my possession)
'08 JKU (sold because of that ridiculous mini-van engine)
'16 JKU (my "go to" vehicle when not driving a work vehicle; also used for volunteer rescue response)
'16 Renegade (the wife's)

First and my favorite still to date was my M38A1. Liked the simplicity (floor starter!) and even to this day favor the clean and straightforward nature of that jeep (military, so small "j") and even my JKU for the most part. Although, every time I read a thread discussion about leather seats, and heated seats, and all the other amenities in a JL, I laugh. I have other vehicles with all those features if I want them. Even here in the Wisconsin winter, heated seats are of no moment to me in my Jeep (my wife tends to disagree with me on that point so I bought her her own Jeep). Nevertheless, if I were to order a new Jeep, 'in for a dime, in for a dollar' (a hell of a lot of them), I would probably consider "loading" it up just because the options are available.

Have reservations to LA again this year for the auto show, this time to see the JT truck because I am really curious. Just sold my pickup and held-off on the JL, so I might be due (my wife tends to disagree with me, again). What was that line, "For Christmas, I got a Jeep for my wife, good trade, eh?!" (Again, my wife tends to disagree...)

What a great country! See some of you in LA!

Steve

wv18jl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Do CJs count?

Sponsored

Ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Summit, 2003 Ram 3500 diesel
Exciting! Sounds like you g a nice Christmas present on the way!

What a list and a history with all those great rigs. Any favorites all of those, if you could go back in time?

Ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Summit, 2003 Ram 3500 diesel
The CJ3b was fun, it was the first CJ with an overhead valve engine but still small and light like the CJ2a.
Really enjoyed the 304 v8 in the CJ5.
The Diesel engine in the Liberty was awesome!!
Sold the Gladiator pickup to a guy that made a wrecker out of it.
My favorite of all is my current jl rubicon.

OP
OP
American Jeeper

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Software & cloud services
Vehicle Showcase
I am seriously looking at the JL for my next vehicle, would be first Wrangler. I have always wanted a Wrangler but have ended up driving mostly sporty cars or family friendly vehicles. After going out with a wheeling group a while back I am hooked and want a 4x4.

I keep going back and forth about whether to get a Sport S with lift and tires or just bite the bullet and get the Rubicon. I am leaning towards the latter.
That’s a whole other can of worms, but most seem to go Sport then Rubi than the other way around. Neither is a bad choice. I find that the Rubicon makes it almost too easy sometimes, and I roll with some Sports that keep up just fine.

echris1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2dr, 1995 Wrangler Sahara
Drove a 95 YJ as my first car every since high school in 1999, and now I've got the new 2 door JL.

YJ is staying in the family, always good to have multiple Jeeps =)

Sponsored

jdthird

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys
I've had 2 WJ's - a 99 limited and an '01 limited, both lifted and modded and used for off roading.

I had two KL's - a '14 limited and a '15 limited, neither lifted or modded, some offroading in our properties in upper Michigan.

This is my first Wrangler, '18 JL Sahara. So far love it, just want to get the seals working better on the hard top on the passenger side. Driver side makes expected noise, passenger side sounds like a window is open once we pass 10 MPH...

Looking to do the RC 2.5" lift since this is a lease and I can't go too bananas on it. Want to be able to undo things easily...

Traveler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Hella Yella, 2011 JK, 1997 TJ Sport, 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland
Great poll!

I've had (in the following order):
1990 YJ Sold to buy ...
1997 TJ - Still have with 110,000 miles
2003 KJ (Liberty Sold to buy ...
2011 WK2 (Grand Cherokee) Still have
2011 JK Purchased used, still have
2018 JLUR - Loving it!!!

Having a couple of teenage boys allows me (us) to have more toys!
IMG_0342.jpg
IMG_0346.jpg

Traveler

BobK

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Semi-Retired
Vehicle Showcase
1999 TJ - Sahara - white/tan hardtop - dual soft top
2006 JK - Rubicon - silver/black hardtop
2011 JK - Sahara - silver/silver painted hardtop (actual Jeep used in the Christmas commercial that year)
2012 JKU - Rubicon - silver/silver painted hardtop
2015 JKU - Rubicon - yellow/black hardtop
2018 JLU - Rubicon - black/black painted hardtop

finn

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ8 scrambler, 1986 Cj7, 1997 Tj, 2004 TJ, 2014 JK
Hello All,

I am new to this forum, but I always thought I needed a support group for my jeep habit. So here goes the current list: 1981 Scrambler CJ8 total rebuild 14bolt rear (Detroit), 44 front ARB both full width axles, 456, frame up build with a ton of other mods. 54k original miles. 1986 CJ7 60's F/R, Detroit in rear, ARB in front, 456 ratio, turbo 400, atlas, 38" super swampers, modified everything. 1997 TJ teraflex CRD 60 rear, Detroit, 488's, G2 44 front ARB, mild lift auto trans, 35" mickey Thompsons. Next, 2004 TJ bone stock, It's like a blank canvas. Totally unmolested, It's going to be my next build. Lastly, 2014 JK Rubicon 4dr. Warn winch, 2.5 AEV lift, GR aluminum bumpers, AEV 6.4 Hemi conversion.
Sponsored