Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Software & cloud services
Vehicle Showcase
YJ
Grand Cherokee Overland
JL

I bought the YJ in 98 when I was 25 years old because I thought it looked cool and I looked even cooler in it. I don't think I had the top on more than a few weeks the entire time I owned it. The trouble is I live in Dallas and it didn't have A/C. I worked a job at the time that required me to wear a suit. The boss got tired of me showing up to meetings in July and August with sweat rings around my arm pits and soaking wet hair. I couldn't afford two car payments so it had to go. I never stopped missing it and when the updated JL's came out I knew it was the right time for me to get another Wrangler. I really love my Sahara but man my Grand Cherokee was nice. Kind of miss it. But still very happy to have my new Wrangler.
I played that game in a suit a few times doorless and topless. Gets a little ridiculous! It was different going from a cool Jeep (even though in ā€˜93 it was 20 years old) to econoboxes for a bit mainly due to work and driving all over. Now I am fortunate to have a less practical ride but one with a soul!

I assume most that have answered here with multiple Jeeps probably modded them. Would be interesting to know if the tens of thousands of JLā€™s sold, how many will mod or take off road vs. mall crawl, and how many that thought they would just stay stock and/or only mall crawl got bitten by the off road and mod bug...
Sponsored

DugC24

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Past Wranglers 94 YJ, 00 TJ, 07 & 14 JK. Currently own 18 JL.
YJ
TJ
2 - JKs
JL

VictorChampion

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited
1 YJ, 2 TJ's, 4 JK's over the years. 2018 JL Rubi now. All Sahara's except for the current Rubicon. Some pics and a throwback to 1999 as well. Green 1999, Black 2010, Billet 2013, White 2012.

1999 Jeep.JPG

black jeep.jpg

2013 Jeep.jpg

IMG_0554.JPG

OP
OP
American Jeeper

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
1 and 3 are really the same question. You should combine them.

I've had 3 Wranglers, all bought new: 93 YJ, 08 JK, and 18 JL. I still have the JK and wish I'd kept the YJ.
Lots of experience here. The first two of the six poll questions determine if you have a JL or at least one ordered vs. just shopping still and the last four determine the number of wranglers owned before, if any. Sorry it is kind of confusing!

OP
OP
American Jeeper

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
1 YJ, 2 TJ's, 4 JK's over the years. 2018 JL Rubi now. All Sahara's except for the current Rubicon. Some pics and a throwback to 1999 as well. Green 1999, Black 2010, Billet 2013, White 2012.

1999 Jeep.JPG

black jeep.jpg

2013 Jeep.jpg

IMG_0554.JPG
Love those two doors! Just rode in a JL Rubi last week during my dadā€™s test drive. Actually not bad in the back seat and even had some space behind the rear seat.

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Have to dig up some pics~ Owned a 1980 CJ7 w/ the Pontiac Iron Duke 4 banger, engine was not up to the rest of the Jeep unfortunately.

Did a frame off resto on a 74 CJ5, Installed a bored out 401 v8 from a Cherokee, T18 Ford 4 speed, Detroit Locker on the rear Dana 44, front wheel disc brake conversion, Offenhauser Dual Port Intake, Holley 650 carb, 3" body lift and Rancho 2.5" springs, reverse shackle mount in front for added caster, and 35" Ground Hawgs.

KrispyKotex

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Rubicon Snazzberry
Occupation
USN Submariner (ret), IT Analyst/Network Engineer
Had a blue TJ Sport as my first jeep. It was great, but only a four cylinder and no AC. I did love it though....mainly because I could take out the entire dash and carpeting in under 30 mins. Incredible! Second was my JKU Sport. Modified it a bit, but not all-out. Now I have my JLU. Not going to modify too much, but hey...you never know. :)

Jeep2.JPG

IMG_0340.jpeg

IMG_0430.jpeg

Sponsored

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
i am curious as to how many experienced Wrangler owners there are out there versus those new to the model. Feel free to offer any other perspective on vehicles you have/had, especially if they were off road vehicles such as 4Runner, trucks, etc.

Iā€™ll start. Before this I owned three JKUā€™s, one Sport, and two Rubiā€™s. All modified and all taken off road. I have had six total Jeeps and an 01ā€™ 4Runner. My first rig was a ā€˜73 Jeep Commando with lift and 33ā€™s, then a ā€˜79 Cherokee Chief. Both great big fun gas guzzlers, so I went economy for a while, some sport sedans, and although I have a few other options of keys to grab, glad to be in the JLUR.

What has your experience been?
Number does not mean more brand experience, my brother bought one 30 years ago and is still driving it.

This is my second, and I hope to drive it till they dont sell gas anymore or they can bury me in it :P

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
Are you saying you had ten JKs? Dear god!
Yes, but the total includes the wifeā€™s Jeeps as well. We usually each have one. Of them all, I miss the GC SRT, the TJ, and my last JK the most.

Pic of the TJ and last JK, and the wifeā€™s current JK

C05F7502-472F-40A4-8526-8EB6C91FFC65.jpeg
FA3BD02A-34DB-4FAE-8208-DAAC601141B8.jpeg
3FC6D49A-DC81-4EF4-81DB-AFE7F2307E3D.jpeg

tyresmoker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500 Limited EcoDiesel; '19 JLU Sahara-sting gray; 2017 Grand Cherokee SRT (sold);
'11 WK2 Summit Hemi
'17 WK2 SRT
'19 JLU Sahara (inbound)

cabnfvr

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUL Sport
Occupation
Retired but working with benefits.
Roughly in order.....
'84 CJ7
'89 Wrangler YJ
'18 Wrangler JL
Throw in couple of older style Cherokee's and one each of the Liberty versions and that's our Jeep history. It's funny to reflect on the '84 and listen to new owners talk about noise or this or that. Legitimate concerns but we used to hang bath towels on the door frame to keep most of the cold out in the wintertime. Noise? We took 500 mile trips with a Bikini top. Fun!!
But OK, we admit like the creature comforts of the new JL just fine too. :jk:
Sponsored