Sponsored

How many Bump Stops are you using with MetalCloak 3.5?

Hardybreed

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I had my MetalCloak 3.5 lift installed. He used 3 Bump Stops upfront, and did not remove my previous Falcon Progressive Bump Stops uptop. As you can see, there is not much of a gap, and I suspect it will bottom out too soon. What are your thoughts on this? What is everyones else running with this lift? What is the best way to figure out the bump stop height needed.

Thanks for any input!

IMG_1469.jpg
Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I had my MetalCloak 3.5 lift installed. He used 3 Bump Stops upfront, and did not remove my previous Falcon Progressive Bump Stops uptop. As you can see, there is not much of a gap, and I suspect it will bottom out too soon. What are your thoughts on this? What is everyones else running with this lift? What is the best way to figure out the bump stop height needed.

Thanks for any input!

IMG_1469.jpg
Jack up one of your back wheels until the opposite front bump hits/compresses. Turn wheels back and forth and check clearances. Repeat with the other side. Backing up a ramp or using a forklift is even better/safer. I'm guessing you could remove a puck. If that's a Rubicon make sure your sway bar is disconnected.

OP
OP
Hardybreed

Hardybreed

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the input guys!

Artemis

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubi 4 door 3.6 Firecracker Red
I've got 3 in front and 2 in back. 37" nitto's. I've had it up on ramps to flex it out and everything clears by just a smig. I've seen a couple guys run 3&3 and honestly flex is just about the same. Your good either way.

Sponsored

AZDustMuncher

First Name
L.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4dr Rubicon, 2005 Turbo Silverado, 2004 Grand Cherokee Overland
I have 3 and 3 with 37s. Used to only have 2 in the back but I nearly ripped my passenger rear fender off after bottoming out hard on some woops.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I've got 3" of bump stop spacers all around. I've got 38x13.5 pat's that are nearer to true size at about 37.5". I also chopped all 4 fenders and have high tuck liners.
Sponsored