Sponsored

HOW? Make our 2 batteries the "dual batteries" we want.

stingGreyNJ

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2013 JK (gone)
So we all know JL has two batteries. Who wouldn't mind a "dual battery" setup so we can comfortably run the "house" battery down and still start the Jeep without shelling out $500+ for a proper dual battery kit and a new battery.

Do we already have this dual battery setup now? If we move the jumper to so the cargo 12V is on all the time and run something overnight did we kill both batteries? Will the Jeep still start? Will the PCR protect itself?

I've looked at the wiring diagram from Jeep Informant and the consolidated thread and I'm still confused.

Thanks,
Sponsored

FirecrackerRedJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
So we all know JL has two batteries. Who wouldn't mind a "dual battery" setup so we can comfortably run the "house" battery down and still start the Jeep without shelling out $500+ for a proper dual battery kit and a new battery.

Do we already have this dual battery setup now? If we move the jumper to so the cargo 12V is on all the time and run something overnight did we kill both batteries? Will the Jeep still start? Will the PCR protect itself?

I've looked at the wiring diagram from Jeep Informant and the consolidated thread and I'm still confused.

Thanks,
I think you're confused as to why it has a Aux battery and its soul purpose...

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT

Thanks,
Both batteries run down together, there doesn't appear to be any battery management.
Sponsored