JLUW75

First Name
Eddie
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW
Occupation
Engineer
I cannot see how the 392 will be available for more than two to three years.

If you have one/will be ordering one hold on to it.

To keep up with the HP race and meet emissions standards it is more likely that we will see a 2.5/3.0 turbo version in the future. I will not be surprised if the Ferarri based 2.9 turbo power plant, that is currently used in the Alfa Giulia QV, are used in future Wranglers. The Alfa 2.9 twin turbo produces 505 Hp and 443 Fp torque, it will scare any Ford produced Bronco for quite some time.
Future Alfas will not be getting any Ferrari engines! I think the announcement was made a while back. So once the current product line that carries this engine is remodeled or replaced, the partnership will end. :(

Outrun

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
Not to argue but, my posts are opinions and facts that have happened. You are speculating, "trying" to predict the future and advise others on the outcome. Haha, another opinion I have is some folks need to grow up and not get so butt hurt by opposing opinions.
You too are speculating.
As for being butthurt, this is a discussion. If you want to come into the room, fart, smell your own fart, and leave then by all means do so but don't be surprised if on a public forum somebody engages in conversation and/or opposing opinions.

sourdough

First Name
Strider
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
white JLR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
wanderer
Vehicle Showcase
You too are speculating.
As for being butthurt, this is a discussion. If you want to come into the room, fart, smell your own fart, and leave then by all means do so but don't be surprised if on a public forum somebody engages in conversation and/or opposing opinions.
Haha, You replied to me and want to argue. I'm 70 years old, I do not argue my opinion or those of others. Welcome my list of folks that argue.

ReimundKrohn

First Name
Ray
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Islander Sting Grey
The writing is on the wall, with the ever increasing push to (soulless) electrified vehicles and harsher CAFE and emissions standards I’ve been wondering...how long do you see Jeep offering the 392 in their lineup? To me, nothing beats the sound of a burly American V8 at full tilt, hence why I caved and ordered one, price be damned. I also think this type of vehicle is the last of an era. Same with the Hellcat powered Stellantis products. I see them being phased out over the next few years, if not as soon as 2024. I know the Wrangler will stick around, it will get electrified but I can’t see them offering this engine for more than a few years. I’d love to see a mid year refresh in 2023/2024 with UConnect 5 and if that’s the case I’ll probably add another 392 to the stable. Curious to hear your thoughts.
I’m with you. The current Regime won’t permit the sale of these engines to continue; not for long…. Enjoy it while you can!

Bocephus

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Occupation
Sam’s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
Haha, You replied to me and want to argue. I'm 70 years old, I do not argue my opinion or those of others. Welcome my list of folks that argue.
6434227E-FE2B-4AD1-BFDA-FFB2D91CD742.jpeg

Advertisement

Quake LED

Advertisement