Sponsored

How long until Jeep chat will see my VON?

Waiting

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon, 3.6L, 8-spd auto
I placed an order for a 2-door Rubicon on Saturday, 6/9/18. On Monday, 6/11/18 I contacted the dealer to change the "OWL" tires to "BSW" because at the time of ordering, no one could tell me what the differences were. Thanks to this forum I learned "OWL" were outside white letters, which I didn't want.
I contacted the dealer the morning of Wednesday, 6/13 to get my POC and VON, and was told they didn't see it. So, I went down there and caused a fuss. In the afternoon, I got my POC, with VON, emailed to me. The POC was dated 6/13/18 at 1:36pm. This should tell anyone ordering to stay on top of the dealer.
Anyway, on 6/13/18 at 4:00pm, I chatted with jeep.com, giving them my VON and other details. The Jeep chat rep told me they did not see my order and to check back a week's time.
Is this correct/normal? How long until I can just forget the dealer and get updates exclusively from Jeep?
My POC also shows the following items causing me anxiety:
Status "BA - Pending order"
JLJS72 WRANGLER RUBICON and 24R options are highlighted. The legend states the highlight "=Restricted" (The dealer told me "Restricted" means they can't order that type of vehicle, unless it is special customer order. They assured me it is OK, but I have my doubts.)
Sponsored

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I would give it a couple of days, at least.

When I ordered my JLUR, it said the same thing about the Rubicon on restriction. My rep told me restriction meant that Jeep was not building anymore new orders until the next allocation period but to go ahead and place the order so my order would be in the queue.

OP
OP
Waiting

Waiting

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would give it a couple of days, at least.

When I ordered my JLUR, it said the same thing about the Rubicon on restriction. My rep told me restriction meant that Jeep was not building anymore new orders until the next allocation period but to go ahead and place the order so my order would be in the queue.
Would you mind stating your timeline to get recognized by Jeep or to get a VIN?

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Would you mind stating your timeline to get recognized by Jeep or to get a VIN?
Ordered on 5/15 got POC and VON around 730 that night. Got VIN through Jeep Chat on 5/21. First time I tried though, so I don't know how quickly it showed up.

OP
OP
Waiting

Waiting

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I checked today, one day after the VON, and now have a VIN and status code of D. Now, I just wait on Jeep/FCA and not the dealer. That eases all my worries.

Sponsored

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
So, it's normal to not get your VON right away? I made my order today and it was not immediately given to me, which I thought it would be.

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Retired engineer (NASA, aerospace, DoD); ex-Navy
Vehicle Showcase
2018.06.08 -- Ordered vehicle
2018.06.14 -- Received VON
2018.06.15 -- Received VIN and link to set up account on jeep.com, but no way to add VIN and was told by the "Chat" person that the VOTS is no longer active, but you can get the information from them. I guess VOTS worked too well and was convenient, so they had to get rid of it.

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
You should be able to get what is called a Price Order Confirmation from your sales guy which lists the VON and VIN within a week or so.

OP
OP
Waiting

Waiting

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So, it's normal to not get your VON right away? I made my order today and it was not immediately given to me, which I thought it would be.
This JL is my 3rd ordered vehicle and I learn something new every time...just how unreliable the dealer is. I had to go to the dealer and demand they put in my order, while I stand and watch. This was after 2 days of them sitting on on the order. I "thought" they put in (because they told me they did). I'm not exactly sure how the 'system' works but I do know the dealer must get some sort of confirmation that they made an order. (I mean, I get a confirmation when I order an on-line pizza). In my case, that was the POC sheet with VON. They also tried to make me feel better by saying how some people cancel orders that hurt their standing with FCA. I guess my constant harassment proved I was a true customer. And, they mentioned some of the delay was because the higher ups had to review the orders and only they could actually place a custom order; the sales person and lower sales manager could not.
When I do this again, I'll ask for the GM when making a deposit and exchange my deposit check for a POC.
Sponsored