How long in JB for XR package?

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi 22 JLUR XR
just curious how long people had to wait on their XR package to get installed on their Rubi at the body vendor?
Sponsored

RubiXR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 RubiXR
Clubs

just curious how long people had to wait on their XR package to get installed on their Rubi at the body vendor?
Besides the "XR package" and whatever that entails in terms of body vendor, I also had the door sills as an option and was in that stage for about a week.

OP
OP
angrynewyorker

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi 22 JLUR XR
Besides the "XR package" and whatever that entails in terms of body vendor, I also had the door sills as an option and was in that stage for about a week.
Door sills take about 5 min to put on, so I’d imagine the bill was the XR package. I wonder what all is added at the vendor. Do they do the suspension and everything there or just the wheels and hinge gate and whatnot?

OP
OP
angrynewyorker

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi 22 JLUR XR
I would like to know this too. I have been sitting in JB for a while or at least feels that way.
How long is a while? I’m figuring on waiting line 8-10 days in there for this.

Sponsored

Sanchese

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Rubicon, 2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon on Order
You guys do not know how bad the wait is for your Canadian brothers.

I ordered a 2021 Rubicon last year in February and got it the first week of Jan 2022..

I just ordered my 2022 rubicon with XR package on Jan 10th.

The dealer told me it would be around 6 to 8 months.
Hope fully I do not have to wait almost a year for this one.

OP
OP
angrynewyorker

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi 22 JLUR XR
You guys do not know how bad the wait is for your Canadian brothers.

I ordered a 2021 Rubicon last year in February and got it the first week of Jan 2022..

I just ordered my 2022 rubicon with XR package on Jan 10th.

The dealer told me it would be around 6 to 8 months.
Hope fully I do not have to wait almost a year for this one.
Not so fast my friend. I ordered a 2022 Lime Rush TRD Pro 4Runner at the end of July. My dealer as of yet has not gotten the allocation, and once they do it will be a minimum of 3 months for it to get built and delivered from Japan. And I also was in the 2018 crowd that waited 6 months for a 2 door Rubicon with the soft top. Was also caught in the original diesel delays in 2020, twice was caught up in manual transmission delays on a JL Rubi and a Gladiator Rubi, and was also caught up in the diesel Gladiator delays. I know a little bit about waiting for my orders.

Sponsored

RAO

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sahara; 2022 JL Rubicon
I ordered a 2 door so dont have the XR package, but was held there almost 2 weeks.

Sanchese

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Rubicon, 2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon on Order
Not so fast my friend. I ordered a 2022 Lime Rush TRD Pro 4Runner at the end of July. My dealer as of yet has not gotten the allocation, and once they do it will be a minimum of 3 months for it to get built and delivered from Japan. And I also was in the 2018 crowd that waited 6 months for a 2 door Rubicon with the soft top. Was also caught in the original diesel delays in 2020, twice was caught up in manual transmission delays on a JL Rubi and a Gladiator Rubi, and was also caught up in the diesel Gladiator delays. I know a little bit about waiting for my orders.
I guess I was wrong.
You guys sometimes have it bad too!
Sponsored