Sponsored

how long for an oil change at jeep?

Jeepsmashin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I have an appointment at 9am at the same time service opens, got here a few min after 9am, i was the second vehicle here, the service advisor said itll be done at 2pm, 5 hours for a oil change and tire rotation? With a appointment and being the second car here? Is this normal?
Sponsored

ForeOSU

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JLU
Experienced the same crap for my first oil change. Appointment at 9am, pick up at 3:30. Absolutely ridiculous.

NoahVD

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Sounds like the service department there does a bad job with scheduling. Maybe take your jeep somewhere else next time. Or you can ask to speak to the manager...

Ohio Hiker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Billet Silver
Occupation
Computer nerd / Retired US Air Force
I drop mine off the night before and pick up after work the next day. I won't wait around for an oil change.

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
I have an appointment at 9am at the same time service opens, got here a few min after 9am, i was the second vehicle here, the service advisor said itll be done at 2pm, 5 hours for a oil change and tire rotation? With a appointment and being the second car here? Is this normal?
It's amazing they had the required parts in stock. I would have expected them to put an order out on the parts. 2 weeks later it would be discovered the order wasn't completed on their end, 1 week later they'd actually put the order correctly, and 5 weeks later your parts will come in. Then it's another week to schedule the service and they'll need your car for 3 days.

Reasonable expectations based on my experience with dealerships is you should expect to have it done in 2 months, give 5 or take 0 months.

I'm not salty at all.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeepsmashin

Jeepsmashin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I drop mine off the night before and pick up after work the next day. I won't wait around for an oil change.
Well after dropping it off I worked at the gym, even took my time, walked to the gas station and bought a protein shake, walked to get a haircut, had them uber me back, walked around the sales lot and now still waiting fml

OP
OP
Jeepsmashin

Jeepsmashin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
It's amazing they had the required parts in stock. I would have expected them to put an order out on the parts. 2 weeks later it would be discovered the order wasn't completed on their end, 1 week later they'd actually put the order correctly, and 5 weeks later your parts will come in. Then it's another week to schedule the service and they'll need your car for 3 days.

Reasonable expectations based on my experience with dealerships is you should expect to have it done in 2 months, give 5 or take 0 months.

I'm not salty at all.
A couple months ago I dropped off my jeep for a recall, look at the 4wd because sometimes it would pop out, my odometer would read 9999999 and then go back to normal and my rear defroster broke so they supposed to order me a new one but never did or called me back, i lagged it and asked about it a few months later due to my work schedule and shit going on,

Jabarsetti

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ret. USAF
Vehicle Showcase
Holy crap, I did my own oil change, both difs, cleaned up a oil mess in 2 hrs taking my sweet time and goofing off a bit. I could have done a 5 tire rotation in that time also if the dealership hadn't rounded 2 lugs the last time they had it.

Sponsored

Fsttanks

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 JK / 2020 JLUR
Some dealerships do not have “dedicated” oil change only bays and move the higher paying services to open bays even if you arrive first. Or there are no open bays because the prior days work is not completed and you have to wait your turn in line behind the backlog.

Anything more then an hour wait is unexceptionable for just an oil change and I let them know up front it will be noted in my CS questionnaire that FCA sends me. That usually ensures my car/Jeep are done within an hour of my drop off/appointment time.

The only reason I ever take my Jeeps to the dealership is for the free oil changes or warranty work. Heck I can do an oil change on my Jeep in about 15 min, but saving $60 by having it done for free is a nice savings.....as long as it is done in a timely manner.

OP
OP
Jeepsmashin

Jeepsmashin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Some dealerships do not have “dedicated” oil change only bays and move the higher paying services to open bays even if you arrive first. Or there are no open bays because the prior days work is not completed and you have to wait your turn in line behind the backlog.

Anything more then an hour wait is unexceptionable for just an oil change and I let them know up front it will be noted in my CS questionnaire that FCA sends me. That usually ensures my car/Jeep are done within an hour of my drop off/appointment time.
Good idea, ill be sure tell them about my experience in a survey

Sarge50

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JULR 2012 Ram 2500 Cummins 2008 Mazdaspeed3
Here at Huntsville AL Landers McClarty CJRD they took two full days to replace a battery (warranty) and change oil (free). Hell even Wally Word can do that in an hour or less!

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Depends on how long it takes them to get that 6th quart in.
DIY!
Sponsored