how long for an oil change at jeep?

Sarge50

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JULR 2012 Ram 2500 Cummins 2008 Mazdaspeed3
Funny actually they did put in 6 QTS when I took it in for the first "free" oil change. Specifically told them five qts and verified when I took it in for the above 48 hour service. :)
Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I had an oil change and tire rotation and it was done in about 30-ish minutes. I was pleasantly surprised. No issue here.

oh, and the oil was filled right and the tires were rotated.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Just do it yourself, takes me 20 to 30 minutes with tire rotation.
While I appreciate the sentiment, please understand that some folks live in apartments and those who do may be unable to change their oil themselves as often the landlord doesn’t allow it (This is my circumstance). While it is true that there might be a DYI shop/location near them that they can pay $40/hour to and also buy the oil and filter and then do the work themselves, many also don’t want to take this option. And, while it is also true that some may have friends with a suburban driveway who will also allow them to visit and change oil, again, not all do.

”just do it yourself” is not really a viable option for some and telling folks to do that without knowing their personal circumstances is sometimes not especially helpful to the discussion.

Last edited:

RoadiJeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0T Recon, 2018 3.6L GC High Altitude
I have the maxcare lifetime warranty though.
Doing your own maintenance does not void your warranty. Just keep the receipts of anything you purchase as proof that you're at least buying whatever is needed if you ever need to show them that you're following the maintenance schedule.

We had a Maxcare lifetime warranty with our old 2013 JK. I did the majority of the routine maintenance on it. I kept the receipts in a folder and an MS Word log file of anything I did with the date, miles and brief description of what was done. If the dealer ever questioned whether any particular service was done I was ready. They never asked for proof and I had several Maxcare warranty things done over the years.

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
Never more than an hour, except that one time I caught them putting 6qts in mine......and made them redo it with 5qts.

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
but saving $60 by having it done for free is a nice savings.....
Just gotta keep your eyes open for deals along the way. Picked up enough Rotella oil and Mobil 1 filters for 7 oil changes (and 4 extra filters) for $2 qt and $4 a filter, so $15 per oil change.

Not having to go to the dealer and possibly having something bungled along the way, that $15 is much closer to free in my book :)
Sponsored