Sponsored

How long does it take for an oil change at the Jeep dealer?

RoadiJeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0T Recon, 2018 3.6L GC High Altitude
We just had our 4th free Jeep Wave oil change done a few hours ago. We had an appointment and from the time we walked into the building to the time we walked back out to leave it was around 30 minutes.

I will be doing my own oil changes from here on out, as the free ones are now all used up. It was good while it lasted.

Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Because I’ve never done an oil change before, so it would definitely take me longer than 15 minutes myself. Plus I’d have to pay $10 to use a local oil change stall, and also buy all the materials and oil I need which the oil itself is ~$20, the filter ~$10, and the materials would be a bit more. So I figured it’s easier to pay an extra $20 to have it done professionally in 15 minutes and not worry about anything than do it myself. But I’m sure others would profit off doing it themselves
It is not about profit. It is about the fact that the "professionals" are doing it wrong and using 6 qts of questionable oil quality instead of 5. Remember back in your life, beginning of your career, thinking you knew so much but now you realize back then you didnt know shit. Well thats the kid changing the oil of your 50~60k jeep at the dealer.

You dont need an oil change stall, just anywhere flat works. And for tools all you need is a socket wrench, 2 sockets and an extension bar. If you know how to use a microwave you can change the oil in the JL.

Thunderjet

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 F350
Cuts into my TV and afternoon nap schedule but spending $35 for a filter and a jug of Penzoil Ultra Syn and 30-40 minutes is worth it for my peace of mind.
Sponsored