Sponsored

How long does it take for an oil change at the Jeep dealer?

Jeepsmashin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I made an appointment at jeep for 9am for an oil change and tire rotation, service opens at 9am, i got here slightly after 9am, one car was ahead of me to drop it off, they are saying it'll be ready at 2pm lol, so it'll take 5 hours? Even with an appointment and being the second one here?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeepsmashin

Jeepsmashin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

Sponsored

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
I made an appointment at jeep for 9am for an oil change and tire rotation, service opens at 9am, i got here slightly after 9am, one car was ahead of me to drop it off, they are saying it'll be ready at 2pm lol, so it'll take 5 hours? Even with an appointment and being the second one here?
I am doing better than you but I've experienced certain bizzar almost metaphysical experiences while being a polite customer

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
I typically wait and it takes on avg 1.5 hours. That’s getting there around 7:30am. I figured if I dropped it off it would take longer

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Takes me 10 minutes to change my own oil. screw the Stealership.
I can get the oil drained and new oil in and filter on in the time it takes to drive to the dealer and get service in the service aisle. But it takes another 20-30 mins for putting the oil in containers, wiping things down, etc., not to mention taking the oil to a recycling store. I figure I'm about 2-3 times quicker, even with all that.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
I can get the oil drained and new oil in and filter on in the time it takes to drive to the dealer and get service in the service aisle. But it takes another 20-30 mins for putting the oil in containers, wiping things down, etc., not to mention taking the oil to a recycling store. I figure I'm about 2-3 times quicker, even with all that.
Plus you know it’s been done right. I used the dealer for my last change...they left a mess underneath and overfilled it....I had to drain out 1/2 a quart and clean up a bunch of splatter. They did get it done in an two hours however....while I waited. Lesson learned.

Sponsored

Dave928

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 03 Silverado, 88 Porsche 928 S4
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
too long

ranman

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
You might think you'll save time by asking for the specified amonut of 5 quarts. They will still give you six.

The_Paper_Cut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL Sport 2-Door
I go to Valvoline. Literally just went about 3 weeks ago. Pulled in, stayed in my car the whole time, oil and filter changed with synthetic in 15 minutes for under $100. Pretty good deal if you ask me.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I go to Valvoline. Literally just went about 3 weeks ago. Pulled in, stayed in my car the whole time, oil and filter changed with synthetic in 15 minutes for under $100. Pretty good deal if you ask me.
@The_Paper_Cut

How do you figure under a hundred is a good deal..... :facepalm:

You can do your own oil and oil filter change in less then 15 min and it will cost you about $25.00 (sometimes less) and that's using an OEM filter and Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic.

CJACKZ

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2003 Expedition, 2003 C230 kompressor
Occupation
Making Trash
First oil change Saturday. Dropped the Jeep of Friday night, dealer opened at 8am. Got a call around 9am that it was ready.

check the level before leaving and it was dead on and no spillage. Maybe I got lucky? Plus it was covered under Jeep Wave
Sponsored