Sponsored

How long did it take to get your 2 door?

Cowboy from hell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Dr Rubicon hydro pearl 6 speed
I want to hear from the folks who have ordered and received their 2 door jeep. I am start ing to get this creeping suspicion that the 2 door wrangler orders are being put on hold while they build the more popular 4 doors. Im at 8 weeks for my 2 door Rubicon with 6 speed and ragtop......
Sponsored

RoadRouge

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
I didn't order a 2 door, but a colleague at work ordered his 2 door (Willys Sport - all manual) 6 weeks before I placed my 4 door (Sahara) order. I received mine in 10 weeks, my colleague's 2 door arrived in 16 weeks. He literally got his the day after I took delivery of mine.
I believe there are many, many more variables that need to be considered, not just 2 versus 4 doors.

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
I ordered a heavily options 2 Door Rubicon on 6/30/21 and picked it up from the dealer in Southern California on 8/31/21. That included a one week pre planned factory shut down.

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
Eight weeks

Two door, manual trans, soft top, Rubicon. I got the tow package (for the aux switches), Alpine speaker(s), and proximity key. When I ordered I just wanted those first two options but the dealer told me several times that the order wouldn't go through for some reason unless they added the proximity key so I had them add it.

I don't know if my build was easy because I got no advanced features, but it was pretty quick. Probably close to a week and a half it was sitting in a transport yard waiting for a truck/driver, so it was in-state (Oregon) within six or seven weeks.

Last edited:

OllieChristopher

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC 2WD Sierra, 4.3, NV3500, 3:73/TruTrac
I ordered a heavily options 2 Door Rubicon on 6/30/21 and picked it up from the dealer in Southern California on 8/31/21. That included a one week pre planned factory shut down.
Hi there Rich, I live nearby in Sunny Hills Fullerton. Not to hijack this thread but how are you liking the 2 door so far. My wife and I are considering it for a vehicle going to the cabin and for me using it on the local trails in Big Bear, Desert etc.

I have my choices down to a 4Runner, Rubicon 2 door, and Bronco 2 door. It will be the first 4wd I have ever owned. I'm a off road and cross country/long day ride motorcycle rider at heart. I'm winding down to wanting 4 wheels for day to day use.

What motor did you get, dealer, and how did you order it? Feel free to PM me if you like.

Sponsored

Snazzy71

First Name
Lee-Ann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry WILLYS JL 2 Door
Thanks for asking this question, I was curious as well as it does seem like the 4 doors are getting delivered faster.

Waiting on a 2 Door Snazzberry Willys
Hard top
ordered 8/30
Vin 9/3
Supposedly D1 status 9/14 with estimated ship date of 9/20 (not holding my breath)

CTMopar

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 TJ, 20 Cherokee Trail Hawk & 21 JL Willys
Thanks for asking this question, I was curious as well as it does seem like the 4 doors are getting delivered faster.

Waiting on a 2 Door Snazzberry Willys
Hard top
ordered 8/30
Vin 9/3
Supposedly D1 status 9/14 with estimated ship date of 9/20 (not holding my breath)
I ordered a 2 door Willys sport soft top, also snazzberry on 8/31 also in the north east so it would be interesting to see how close our deliveries are.

Killed by Death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2021 Rubicon 2 Door
Ordered 06/23 and been D1 twice only to get pushed. New estimated build date is 11/08 :angry:

From what I can see 2 door is definitely a problem. Jeep is listening to the bean counters and mostly building high end 392s, XEs and High Altitudes.

@JeepCares about profit ONLY!!!

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
Hi there Rich, I live nearby in Sunny Hills Fullerton. Not to hijack this thread but how are you liking the 2 door so far. My wife and I are considering it for a vehicle going to the cabin and for me using it on the local trails in Big Bear, Desert etc.

I have my choices down to a 4Runner, Rubicon 2 door, and Bronco 2 door. It will be the first 4wd I have ever owned. I'm a off road and cross country/long day ride motorcycle rider at heart. I'm winding down to wanting 4 wheels for day to day use.

What motor did you get, dealer, and how did you order it? Feel free to PM me if you like.
PM Sent

Sponsored

Albany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Willy's Sport 2 door manual
Ordered 5 and half weeks ago (8/9) Still gathering parts. I did see in another thread that floor liners may be holding up some orders? I got a two door Willy's sport without a ton of options so I may be the last 2021 built!

CTMopar

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 TJ, 20 Cherokee Trail Hawk & 21 JL Willys
Ordered 5 and half weeks ago (8/9) Still gathering parts. I did see in another thread that floor liners may be holding up some orders? I got a two door Willy's sport without a ton of options so I may be the last 2021 built!
My Willys sport has A/C (wife wanted it), tow package and window storage bag. I saw that some people were having the floor mats deleted from their orders.

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time

I may have posted this elsewhere, so forgive me. I had a very early Bronco reservation (July 2020), ordered the first day possible (Jan 2021) and cancelled my Bronco order in May. They are producing very few two-door Broncos. They don't have a soft top available for them, so they are only available for 2021 with a hard top. There was a recall on the hard top for all hard top models and production stopped for hard top orders. What that meant was every two-door Bronco was being held for a new hard top or no longer being produced until the hard top issue was resolved (it has been just a couple weeks ago). Therefor, my two-door hard top would no longer be produced in 2021 and the date in 2022 was "to be determined". In any event, trying to get a two-door Bronco is almost impossible for 2021, mostly backed up with previous orders for 2022...although they are producing a two-door soft top for 2022 or 2023. You may have a looooonnnnggg wait (btw, prior to putting in the Bronco reservation I tried to buy a new 2020 4Runner as a second 4Runner, but the deal went south so I reserved the Bronco, which I ordered and subsequently canceled)..

I too looked at the 4Runner. It's the cat's meow in a lot of ways. I daily drive a 4Runner now (I drive a Rubicon during the day and a 4Runner in the evenings and weekends...depending) and it is comfortable, quiet, rides very well and has adequate power. It gets up to speed and does it without hesitation. It's a "better" vehicle in some subjective ways, while the Rubicon is better in all the other ways. The 4Runner seems like it will last forever, 500k miles, maybe more, but it does it without ever making you smile. It just does everything, but it doesn't do it with style or character. It is a vehicle I would buy if I needed a last vehicle, one I didn't want to worry about in my old-age or something. It's boring, but I know it's just going to always be around.

The Rubicon rides rough(er), is much louder (soft top) and requires more driver input as you move down the road (potholes and road imperfections). But, it's really got that "Jeep" thing. I can put the top back or down, rain or shine. I don't worry about dust, brush scratches, the interior getting wet and it's unstoppable on all but the most serious trails. If I see a two-track through some trees or brush that looks like it crosses a creek or mud hole, well, why not... If it gets muddy on the inside, I wash the floor mats and it's all-good. It's nimble. It turns on a dime. The 4-low is mountain goat low. You can make it your own, give it character that seems genuine and real, personal. But, to drive it everyday can be tiring. Yeah, it can, because it wanders, just a little, takes more concentration and driver input and it's loud. It takes more of your five senses to be a Jeep driver, and physically and mentally, it wears a little more on you as a driver, but that's all part of being a Jeep owner. It is closer, if this makes sense, to riding a motorcycle (dual-sport/adventure bike). If I ride my DR650 a 100 miles off road, I'm tired. If I ride it 300 miles on pavement, I'm tired. If I ride a dual-sport event or rally, I'm exhausted. You're immersed in the experience, but at the end of the day you want to sit down and you have more of that whole-body tired. But, that experience does what a 4Runner doesn't do, and that's put a smile on my face. When I pull the helmet off and my hair is matted, sweaty, my face is dirty and I don't think I can ride home the next day, I sit there and smile, and that's the Jeep Rubicon experience, at least often enough that I'm happy I chose the Rubicon over the 4Runner or Bronco.

It sounds cliche, but it's a different thing, a Jeep thing. If you're ready to slow down, the 4Runner is tits. If you're not quite there yet, the Rubicon, all day, every day.

Last edited:

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
Does the dealer's POC have a ship date on it? If it does, it should give you a good idea of when your Jeep is at least built. The shipping after that is a big unknown timeline.

edyaw

First Name
ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
silverado, and caddy suv
Hey Cowboy, it looks like we ordered basically the same JLJS72 around the same time (3rd week in July). I requested info this morning from the dealer(9/16/21) and got an estimated ship date of 10/5. Since it has been 8 weeks and this D1 status (I'll need to look that up) is what I appear to be in.....I am happy just to be "in a status". At my age waiting is something discussed in minutes as opposed to weeks and months. Also we ordered the step rail and heavy duty hinge and gorilla glass. Other than than that it is pretty ol' school (ie. when there were no 4 door wranglers, CJs etc.) Hope you hear soon. I am Rubi Red Ed in upstate NY
Sponsored