Sponsored

How long did it take for your JL shipped from build complete to dealer?

How long to ship your Jeep from build complete to the dealership?

• Total voters

Hogdreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Cherokee, 2021 Sahara Altitude
My 2021 Sahara Altitude build was completed on the 9th of March, 2021.

It was ordered on 26 February.

On the 12th of March my dealer said it should be at the dealership in a week, two at the most.

Just curious how long other's Wranglers have taken to arrive at their dealership after it's ready to be shipped. Mine has to go to the Twin Cities of Minnesota from the factory.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Hogdreamer

Hogdreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great! I did a search for a post like I posted here only I didn't use all the correct search words that other posts contained.
Now I see there are other similar posts.
Guess I need to expand my vocabulary?

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Use google instead. It’s much better than the site search function.

OP
OP
Hogdreamer

Hogdreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd really like to cast a vote on this poll but my build has not arrived to the dealership yet. Two weeks today from being built.
Dealer said ETA was 4 to 15 days from 3 days ago but thought it would be sooner. Maybe not?

Sponsored

Caseman2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking for jeep
I'd really like to cast a vote on this poll but my build has not arrived to the dealership yet. Two weeks today from being built.
Dealer said ETA was 4 to 15 days from 3 days ago but thought it would be sooner. Maybe not?
Doesn't seem that bad. I was thinking it would be months.

Can I ask what did you order?

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
I wish I could cast my vote too but I am still waiting. I got my sticker on 2/27 but it looks like it going to be 6 weeks or so for delivery. I am a little jealous of those who ordered after my Jeep was built and have already gotten them.

OP
OP
Hogdreamer

Hogdreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can I ask what did you order?
I ordered a Sahara Altitude in Snazzberry,
Sky One-Touch,
Integrated Off Road Camera,
V6 eTorque with auto,
Safety Group,
LED lights,
Trailer Tow,
Remote Start,
Remote Proximity Key-Less,
Selec-Trac Full Time 4WD,
Anti-Slip Differential,
8.4 inch Radio and Premium Audio,
Cold Weather Group.

My dealer contacted me today and said it should be here by the weekend. Hope to take delivery on Monday.

Cavs42

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
5 Months 2 Weeks and counting!

OP
OP
Hogdreamer

Hogdreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WOW! Unbelievable!!
I called my dealer 6 days after ordering just so I could get the VIN. Was told at that time the Wrangler Sahara was in Status F - Paint.
I expected a minimum of 3 months before it would even begin to get built. Probably because it is a Sahara instead of a Rubicon?
Maybe Jeep is having issues getting some of the equipment for the Rubicon? I see some Sarge Green Wranglers are showing up at dealers so maybe yours isn't too far off?

Sponsored

Cavs42

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
WOW! Unbelievable!!
I called my dealer 6 days after ordering just so I could get the VIN. Was told at that time the Wrangler Sahara was in Status F - Paint.
I expected a minimum of 3 months before it would even begin to get built. Probably because it is a Sahara instead of a Rubicon?
Maybe Jeep is having issues getting some of the equipment for the Rubicon? I see some Sarge Green Wranglers are showing up at dealers so maybe yours isn't too far off?
Nah, Rubicons are getting cranked out too, it's just because they have to recalibrate the computer to a 10 based measurement system and slap a Maple Leaf sticker on the door frame. All Canadian orders are crazy delayed right now. A number of us went D1 this month, and have estimated ship dates in April.

Steve F

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, JKU
I am a week or so off of 5 months in Australia but my dealer called me yesterday and got one that someone else couldn't wait for (they took a Sahara rather than wait longer for their Rubi to arrive, I ordered a JLUR). Anyway, theirs came in, he got it trucked to Sydney from Brisbane (1000km) and I pick it up next Wednesday, only difference is my original order is Black and this is Granite Crystal. Orders are massively delayed here and my dealer now has one JL on the lot (his demonstrator, so can't sell that) and 3 JT's along with a track hawk and an SRT.

There are lots stuck waiting to ship (my original order has been built for a month but hasn't shipped) and lots in port at Sydney waiting on quarantine checks (last shipment came in mid Feb and have not moved from the port).

The only reason this one got off the boat is they are getting through quarantine checks in Brisbane in days instead of weeks (months!!!) in Sydney and it got trucked the last 1000km.

Cavs42

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I am a week or so off of 5 months in Australia but my dealer called me yesterday and got one that someone else couldn't wait for (they took a Sahara rather than wait longer for their Rubi to arrive, I ordered a JLUR). Anyway, theirs came in, he got it trucked to Sydney from Brisbane (1000km) and I pick it up next Wednesday, only difference is my original order is Black and this is Granite Crystal. Orders are massively delayed here and my dealer now has one JL on the lot (his demonstrator, so can't sell that) and 3 JT's along with a track hawk and an SRT.

There are lots stuck waiting to ship (my original order has been built for a month but hasn't shipped) and lots in port at Sydney waiting on quarantine checks (last shipment came in mid Feb and have not moved from the port).

The only reason this one got off the boat is they are getting through quarantine checks in Brisbane in days instead of weeks (months!!!) in Sydney and it got trucked the last 1000km.

You guys are REALLY getting the short end of the stick. At lease I know that when my Jeep is built it just needs a train ride, not a train, then a boat to another hemisphere...

OP
OP
Hogdreamer

Hogdreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered on 26 February 21 and showed up at dealership on the 28 March 21. Much, much quicker than I expected or even hoped. Really thought it would be more like 3 months when I placed the order.

Seems other Wranglers (unless you're in Canada or Australia) are taking about the same time now, give or take.

The computer chip shortage may soon change that though?
Sponsored