Sponsored

How long before I can order a 392 in Chief Blue?? Or Hella Yella?

rayzjeep

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
I've been patiently waiting for them to add more color options to the 392...just wondering if anyone has heard anything?
Sponsored

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
I've been patiently waiting for them to add more color options to the 392...just wondering if anyone has heard anything?
Iā€™m guessing if they open 2022 orders you will see new colors. I doubt Chief Blue or HellaYella will there.

OP
OP
rayzjeep

rayzjeep

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
I was curious because I used to have a JK with a LS swap that was Cosmos Blue...almost the same as Chief Blue...and I regret selling that rig. Was hoping to get a 392 in the closest to same color I could...still...have to wait for the prices to at least come down to MSRP anyways.

graytrucks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392, 2020 LR Discovery, 2015 RR Sport SC
I love my 392 but had my heart set on a Hella Yella or Punkin Jeep. I ordered Sting Gray after much deliberation. I knew the engine was more important to me than the color, but I am considering a wrap (much cheaper/easier than an engine swap). I check the order book every month to make sure I'm not missing out on a better color!

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Unfortunately @rayzjeep the closest right now youā€™ll get to Cosmos Blue is Hydro. It may not be there for ā€˜22. I hear you on the color. Chief was only available to order for a couple of weeks and then gone. I got straight up lucky to get one on my two door JLR.

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I love my 392 but had my heart set on a Hella Yella or Punkin Jeep. I ordered Sting Gray after much deliberation. I knew the engine was more important to me than the color, but I am considering a wrap (much cheaper/easier than an engine swap). I check the order book every month to make sure I'm not missing out on a better color!
If punkn came back Iā€™d sell my gladiator and buy one in that color straight away.

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Glad. Mojave, 16 JKU Sahara, 20 Supra
I was curious because I used to have a JK with a LS swap that was Cosmos Blue...almost the same as Chief Blue...and I regret selling that rig. Was hoping to get a 392 in the closest to same color I could...still...have to wait for the prices to at least come down to MSRP anyways.
oooo, pics of the LS swap? How was driveability after the conversion? Any pitfalls?

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
If punkn came back Iā€™d sell my gladiator and buy one in that color straight away.
Agreed. If Punk'n came out on the 392 I'd sell my black one today and order a new one in Punk'n with the XR package. šŸ¤¤

OP
OP
rayzjeep

rayzjeep

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
oooo, pics of the LS swap? How was driveability after the conversion? Any pitfalls?

I do have lots of pics...I'll dig one up when I get home. Driveability was great, stopability was more questionable. I had the 480HP LS3 with the hot cam so with the cam lope it was difficult to dial in the idle tuning. Talked to Robbie at Motech and then John at Overland Performance was eventually able to get the tune right. Guy I sold it to drives it to work everyday :(
Sponsored