Sponsored

How long are brakes lasting on the Sahara and Rubicon?

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I’m at 36k now and even though I’m generally easy on brakes my wife isn’t so I’m curious how others’ brakes are holding up or if anyone has already serviced/replaced their brake rotors and pads.
Sponsored

Sholmberg0311

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T
Occupation
Adult baby sitter
I’m at 36k now and even though I’m generally easy on brakes my wife isn’t so I’m curious how others’ brakes are holding up or if anyone has already serviced/replaced their brake rotors and pads.
Im at 56k On my 18 JLUS and just passed state inspection. Have not serviced or replaced brake rotors or pads yet.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
The JL has high mile/low bite/low dust pads, not an aggressive pad at all. I would assume 50-60k miles should be about right for this type of pad. Keep in mind if you're doing a lot of 4 wheeling w/ the hill descent and the other brake assist nannies doing their thing that life could be cut down quite a bit however.

Sure wish some of the other performance brake pad manufacturers would step up w/ decent aftermarket pads. Powerstop is ok, but I'd much rather have Stoptech, EBC, and Hawk get in on the game :(

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
I expect eTorque to have some impact on brake pad longevity. Also the Jeeps with a manual transmission should last longer too. There may even be some differences between the different motors, possibly related to different transmission tuning or compression braking. Obviously the 4xe probably has the greatest pad life, and the diesel/392 is probably tied for the worst.

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
The JL has high mile/low bite/low dust pads, not an aggressive pad at all. I would assume 50-60k miles should be about right for this type of pad. Keep in mind if you're doing a lot of 4 wheeling w/ the hill descent and the other brake assist nannies doing their thing that life could be cut down quite a bit however.

Sure wish some of the other performance brake pad manufacturers would step up w/ decent aftermarket pads. Powerstop is ok, but I'd much rather have Stoptech, EBC, and Hawk get in on the game :(
Besides the Powerstop as you mentioned, Hawk does offer front and rear JL brakes. They're priced higher than Powerstop, but A LOT lower than the Alcon brakes. I too am waiting for Centric/StopTech to offer JL brakes. I've used them on other vehicles and they make great rotors and pads.

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...rformance-rear-street-rotor-and-brake-pad-kit

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...rformance-rear-street-rotor-and-brake-pad-kit

Jeep Wrangler JL How long are brakes lasting on the Sahara and Rubicon? hawk

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Besides the Powerstop as you mentioned, Hawk does offer front and rear JL brakes. They're priced higher than Powerstop, but A LOT lower than the Alcon brakes. I too am waiting for Centric/StopTech to offer JL brakes. I've used them on other vehicles and they make great rotors and pads.

Jeep Wrangler JL How long are brakes lasting on the Sahara and Rubicon? hawk
Nice to hear we have some better options, thanks!
Sponsored