How is your rancho lift holding up?

Wa-stinggray

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I’m probably buying this lift in next 30 days and wanted to check in on how it’s holding up for folks? Also wondering if you did the geometry type brackets? Looking at the 9k setup. Just seems like I can’t beat the value and can’t find complaints.

I really don’t do anything crazy, just overlanding Trips with my son on super washed forest roads and small trails to get a camp spot. I have been limited a few times by ride height so that and better rough road handling is my focus.

With my gear, roof top tent and steel bumpers I’m just beyond what stock can handle I think.
Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
@wibornz will probably check in. He and many of his trail running mates run this lift and have put it through its paces with great success.
The lift is holding up great. I have almost 32,000 miles on it and have wheeled 26 badge trails. Moab twice, Rubicon Trail, Colorado, Wyloming, Tennesse, Kentucky, West Virgina, Indiana and all over Michigan. Rides great and flexes great, what more do you need. I set the shocks soft for on the road and firm them up for off roading or hauling the camper.

Now for the bad part. I have broke the adjuster knobs off the rear shocks twice. The good thing is the replacement knobs are $10.

There are five of us running this Rancho kit. We have over 100,000 combined miles on the JLURs. The five JLURs have been wheeled all over the US. My JLUR has been on the trail the last 11 weekends in a row.

I forgot, I have broke a sway bar link, Rancho replaced it for free.

Three of us just got back from Moab, the Rubicon Trail and Wyoming last week. I have started a thread here for pictures and such...... I still have a bunch to add as time permits. Personally I can afford what ever lift I wanted, but I think that the Rancho lift value wise can not be beat. Clears 37, exept on the hardest flex, then just rubs a little and has been very trouble free. Everything you need with out all the filler and extra cost.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...eet-forum-members-in-the-oddest-places.55768/

OP
OP

Wa-stinggray

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
The lift is holding up great. I have almost 32,000 miles on it and have wheeled 26 badge trails. Moab twice, Rubicon Trail, Colorado, Wyloming, Tennesse, Kentucky, West Virgina, Indiana and all over Michigan. Rides great and flexes great, what more do you need. I set the shocks soft for on the road and firm them up for off roading or hauling the camper.

Now for the bad part. I have broke the adjuster knobs off the rear shocks twice. The good thing is the replacement knobs are $10.

There are five of us running this Rancho kit. We have over 100,000 combined miles on the JLURs. The five JLURs have been wheeled all over the US. My JLUR has been on the trail the last 11 weekends in a row.

I forgot, I have broke a sway bar link, Rancho replaced it for free.

Three of us just got back from Moab, the Rubicon Trail and Wyoming last week. I have started a thread here for pictures and such...... I still have a bunch to add as time permits. Personally I can afford what ever lift I wanted, but I think that the Rancho lift value wise can not be beat. Clears 37, exept on the hardest flex, then just rubs a little and has been very trouble free. Everything you need with out all the filler and extra cost.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...eet-forum-members-in-the-oddest-places.55768/
Did you run the geometry bracket or change control arms?