Sponsored

How is your AC?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
On the fence regarding getting a 2019 Rubicon and I live in the great state of Texas where we get over 100 degrees some summers. Can someone from a hot state comment on the ability of the air conditioner? Does it cool off quick?

Thanks!
Sponsored

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
South Florida here, I would say it is ok, not the best I've had, but considering the lack mlm of insulation and size of a 4dr it does an ok job.

It does blow cold, so you can aim the vents at you, but just cooling the cabin it struggles on a hot sunny day.

Gadsden11

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
We spent ten days in southern Utah last August. Most days in the mid to high 90's. The ac worked well. Even with the freedom panels off. Lol

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
I’m a little worried about mine. It has only hit the low 90s, and I had it maxed. I fear it will be struggling on high humidity 100 degree days

Sponsored

emilboya

First Name
Emil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 (Sold) & Jeep JL
Occupation
Process Engineer
From TX myself, definitely will keep you cool!

Dan S

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Sahara
Occupation
Elevator Mechanic Apprentice
I have the Hot Heads Headliners, so a bit of insulation, but the AC can freeze me out if needed. And that's in 100 degree 95% humidity weather.

brewtus98

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara, 2003 TJ, 2004 TJ Rubicon, 2004 LJ
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting its all over the board on performance here. Mine is no where near as good as last two GM trucks. We'll see this summer, but last Sept during warm weather it felt like it struggled on MAX A/C recirc. Air didn't seem to be blowing as cold as it should, and seemed to struggle keeping cabin cool.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
It's only gotten into the 90's here so far this year, but it's 10X better than the A/C in my wife's new-ish Kia Optima so far. I live 40 miles from Death Valley BTW.

Dc85

First Name
Daniele
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2018
Greetings from Riyadh, it gets crazy hot here. It blows cold, but no chance it gets the cabin cold! :(

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Greetings from Riyadh, it gets crazy hot here. It blows cold, but no chance it gets the cabin cold! :(
/\The winner here!/\

Also, my AC blows super cold for the first few minutes but I don't have my auto temp set very low so it evens out once the cabin cools down.

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
I'll add, during the hotter months, I put it on LO and adjust the fan manually, the auto climate control annoyed me, it would blow at high speed, and that blower is loud when it's on max, then it would slow down and be too slow to keep a good temp.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
/\The winner here!/\

Also, my AC blows super cold for the first few minutes but I don't have my auto temp set very low so it evens out once the cabin cools down.
Nope, it actually gets a bit hotter here, but I think the point is that it'll keep you alive at 100+ degrees.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Nope, it actually gets a bit hotter here, but I think the point is that it'll keep you alive at 100+ degrees.
I used to live in your area, I'm not trying to make it a contest and I know how pivotal an AC can be in desert areas.

azamani

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Sport S
On the fence regarding getting a 2019 Rubicon and I live in the great state of Texas where we get over 100 degrees some summers. Can someone from a hot state comment on the ability of the air conditioner? Does it cool off quick?

Thanks!
I'm in Houston. Definitely recommend getting your windows tinted, that will help. If you're one of the people that likes going into a store, office etc and enjoy it being freezing when it's hot and humid outside, then you probably won't find the JL that comfortable.

It works well enough for me, but I'm the person that sleeps comfortably at 75, 74 at the absolute lowest in the summer time.
Sponsored