How is this part fixed on or supposed to be

plisken

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, BMW M5 E34
I've had this rattle since getting her back from a 2 month spell in the dealers due to an alarm issue and it's been annoying the life out of me. When stationary, it's not there but the slightest of movement forward or reverse, it's there and quite loud. Anyway, had the seats out and been tightening anything I can find in the back when I suddenly noticed the part highlighted in the image hanging loose. There seems to be some adhesive but thats about it.

How is this supposed to be fixed?

IMG_1846.JPG
Sponsored

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I've had this rattle since getting her back from a 2 month spell in the dealers due to an alarm issue and it's been annoying the life out of me. When stationary, it's not there but the slightest of movement forward or reverse, it's there and quite loud. Anyway, had the seats out and been tightening anything I can find in the back when I suddenly noticed the part highlighted in the image hanging loose. There seems to be some adhesive but thats about it.

How is this supposed to be fixed?

Jeep Wrangler JL How is this part fixed on or supposed to be IMG_1846.JPG
Isn't it just a trim piece help on with trim clips?

OP
OP
plisken

plisken

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Dyolfknip74 Can't find any clips at all, there are some holes in the roof section but nothing on the trim side if you know what I mean.

OP
OP
plisken

plisken

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

OP
OP
plisken

plisken

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Dyolfknip74 thanks, that clears things up. In all honesty I thought the liners were just for the front, didn't give any thought to everything that covers the white as being part of that, which I guess in that respect means they are all just stuck on (from looking at your picture, there arent any fixing holes)...

I'll take it off and get in there with some double sided tape.

Thanks for helping clear this up...

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
@Dyolfknip74 thanks, that clears things up. In all honesty I thought the liners were just for the front, didn't give any thought to everything that covers the white as being part of that, which I guess in that respect means they are all just stuck on (from looking at your picture, there arent any fixing holes)...

I'll take it off and get in there with some double sided tape.

Thanks for helping clear this up...
Lol, no worries man. Glad you can sort it out.
Cheers!
Sponsored