How is the stock sound system?

Mid-life Wrangler

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU
Surprised no mention on the vast aftermarket for car audio?!? Can easily blast your beats with stock head unit with killer amp and speakers for the same amount or less than the Alpine option.

The plus to the Alpine is that it is better integrated into the interior. But correct me if I am wrong, the upgrade only adds the rear woofer or upgrades the front and bar speakers?
According to the first post in this thread, there are other differences.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...igging-premium-audio-details.3155/#post-55010
Sponsored

alphalife9

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 C6, Sting Gray JLUR
Surprised no mention on the vast aftermarket for car audio?!? Can easily blast your beats with stock head unit with killer amp and speakers for the same amount or less than the Alpine option.

The plus to the Alpine is that it is better integrated into the interior. But correct me if I am wrong, the upgrade only adds the rear woofer or upgrades the front and bar speakers?
The upgraded sound system includes speakers, a sub, and speaker enclosures designed to optimize the physical volume allowed by the placement of the speakers. The system is tuned to sound great with the top on and off. When you take the top off, it knows and adjusts itself. With the vast majority of vehicles I would prefer aftermarket, but not with this one. Speaker placement, size, and enclosure design is very limited and restricted in Jeeps. I rather improve upon the Alpine system if anything than start from scratch and forgo all of the R&D Alpine has done.

domleeds1919

First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Saab 9-3 Aero; soon to be JLU owner!
from another post yesterday, the Alpine system also includes ANC, which is some type of noise cancellation feature that produces some kind of sound waves to cancel out some interior cabin noise.

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
I would like to hear the stock system for myself. I don't rock out like I did in my younger days. And even then the stock systems in the YJ and TJs were decent. Just not sure it is worth the extra $1300 bucks. I mean cruising around at higher speeds with no top and door music is more about something to break up the wind noise rather than quality.

techieanalyst

First Name
EC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon (Only missing Proxy) / 2019 Ram 1500 Limited 6.4" Box w/eTorque
Occupation
Engineer
The upgraded Alpine that I got in mine sounds far better than the one in my 2018 Ford Platinum, the bass is all there, its loud and its fairly clear

Sponsored

vilacr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL
Anybody installed/installing a powered sub to their non alpine system?

Izzy901

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Grand Cherokee
Anybody installed/installing a powered sub to their non alpine system?
I am. Probably gonna upgrade all the speakers with kicker speakers then I have 2 kicker 15in subs I'm gonna put in the back.

vilacr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am. Probably gonna upgrade all the speakers with kicker speakers then I have 2 kicker 15in subs I'm gonna put in the back.
Can you please record or document your install? I would like to install a powered sub but am a little timid when it comes to taking off the dash. Afraid I may break something.

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
from another post yesterday, the Alpine system also includes ANC, which is some type of noise cancellation feature that produces some kind of sound waves to cancel out some interior cabin noise.
ANC, I'm told is not part of the Alpine system directly. It's always on and working and not to be confused with the auto volume control in the audio settings (example :volume increases upon acceleration).

domleeds1919

First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Saab 9-3 Aero; soon to be JLU owner!
I thought the ANC feature was only available if upgrading to the Alpine system, and not a feature on the stock system? could be wrong.

Sponsored

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
I thought the ANC feature was only available if upgrading to the Alpine system, and not a feature on the stock system? could be wrong.
I think you're correct. I believe it uses the Subwoofer to create the negative sound waves.

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
I think you're correct. I believe it uses the Subwoofer to create the negative sound waves.
OK, that might be the case, but it's not adjustable, I think is the bigger point, I was told.

vilacr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What speakers go into the sound bar? Seems as though that may be an easy up grade.

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Police Officer
What speakers go into the sound bar? Seems as though that may be an easy up grade.
I don't believe you'll want too, but give it good listen first. It's very good. I felt the bass in my chest yesterday! What wind noise?

BDJeep1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon on order
Just to confirm.....on jeep.com is says ANC is part of the Alpine System

And includes a different, laminated windshield:

"The All-New Wrangler offers an available Alpine® Premium Audio System with a 552-watt 12-channel amplifier, eight speakers and a rear subwoofer. The system is enhanced by active noise cancellation and acoustic laminated windshield glass."
Sponsored