2018 Wrangler JL unlimited
Will this qualify for the Lemon Law when it is not loud enough?? LOL
Sponsored

Jo's Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Who'll be the first to put an airhorn on a JL?
Well... I did just get a VIAIR onboard air system with a 2.5 gal receiver... and I am getting the Flowmaster American Thunder axel back muffler delete exhaust pipe delivered today... Maybe there will be room to add the VIAIR compressor AND a set of airhorns! …Hmmm.

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI
The horn is weak.

I stumbled on this thread. I was looking to open one this very topic.

I was driving down my local street by the kids school and honked at my wife and kids. They didn't even bother to look because it sounded like a tiny euro car and they were expecting me to roll up in the Jeep.

Highjacking:
Anybody find a quick fix to make this louder?
I was looking at the Hella Supertone claims to use existing wiring and mounting spot.
Hella is the answer

B669F9B7-60C5-4A5F-B532-B549CC7EC6EA.jpeg

B066663E-489F-4FEC-BACE-342F914AA1A9.jpeg

9490E953-49AE-4B00-A10C-1446F62B2B8E.jpeg

unixfool

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU - Sting Gray 2.0L Hard Top Wrangler Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Hella is the answer
I had Supertones on my STI and they'll make your ears bleed. Was thinking on doing the same to my Wrangler. Nice to see someone thought along the same lines.:) Not that the OEM horn is bad...its better than what comes on most vehicles nowadays. IMO, the OEM horn is not weak.

Sponsored

patternman

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2014 & 2001 Indian
Well... I did just get a VIAIR onboard air system with a 2.5 gal receiver... and I am getting the Flowmaster American Thunder axel back muffler delete exhaust pipe delivered today... Maybe there will be room to add the VIAIR compressor AND a set of airhorns! …Hmmm.
Where did you install the 2.5 tank?

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI
Did you get a JL specific kit or do a custom install? If you got a kit, are you able to provide a link? Thanks!
Just a pair from Amazon. It’s not specific. They come in pairs. I simply replaced the stock ones same location. Now they are pushed forward because of the intercooler.

ruskiroman

First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saving for a Jeep
Just a pair from Amazon. It’s not specific. They come in pairs. I simply replaced the stock ones same location. Now they are pushed forward because of the intercooler.
I really like how they look behind the grill.

If you want a loud horn though, it's hard to beat a Denali Soundbomb. Basically an air horn with a self-contained mini compressor. It guarantees 120dB at 20 feet away from the horn. Had it on my last Jeep and on my motorcycle.

denali.jpg

Sponsored

Jo's Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Where did you install the 2.5 tank?
Well, after installing the Flowmaster muffler delete, I was hoping to mount it in the void left from the factory muffler. The plastic cargo bin is messing with that idea though. I'm considering my options now...

patternman

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2014 & 2001 Indian
Well, after installing the Flowmaster muffler delete, I was hoping to mount it in the void left from the factory muffler. The plastic cargo bin is messing with that idea though. I'm considering my options now...
Thanks, please update with what you figure out. I'd like to mount a tank as well.

Jo's Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Thanks, please update with what you figure out. I'd like to mount a tank as well.
Hit a snag. My wife is not happy with the exhaust. It's too loud she says and wants the stock muffler back on. There is room if you do the muffler delete and remove the plastic cargo bin. You would have to fab up a metal plate to cover the hole, then mount the compressor/tank to that. That was going to be my plan.

I don't think you would be able to mount the horn though...

Titan2727

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Hit a snag. My wife is not happy with the exhaust. It's too loud she says and wants the stock muffler back on. There is room if you do the muffler delete and remove the plastic cargo bin. You would have to fab up a metal plate to cover the hole, then mount the compressor/tank to that. That was going to be my plan.

I don't think you would be able to mount the horn though...
What exhaust was to loud?

Just curious