Sponsored

How is it possible....for a Forum Member be able to comment, post...

Status
Not open for further replies.

gspfunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep WK1 SRT8, Chevy Trailblazer SS
Vehicle Showcase
I wish we treated politicians the way you want to treat non-owner forum users.
Some people come for advice prior to their purchase and have specific questions about the product.
Some want to be educated about the line because they are vehicle enthusiasts.
Variety is the spice of life.
Because some of us are shopping and/or can have input on non-JL specific things ;)
These cover it for me. I’m shopping for one and trying to educate myself on the features, etc. Also, a LOT of info can be shared across completely different platforms. For example: My experiences with performance mods (Foxbodies, TBSS, GC SRT8, F Bodies) apply to a lot of the questions people ask here. I don’t know as much about off-road techniques or parts, so the things I learn here will also apply if I were to get a different 4wd vehicle
Sponsored

GGolds

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2019 JLU Sahara. 3.6, V6. Mojito with a black hard top. Tan leather. 2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited.
Occupation
Paramedic
When I was heavily involved with the MINI community(yes, my passion is equally split between Wranglers and MINIs - owned 5 of each over the years!), you could only comment/post on the forum if you were an actual Owner.....I see so many posts and comments on this Forum made by folks that do not even own a JL! (or at least in they do not show JL model in their Bio/garage)......just wondering....
I don't own a JL. I intend to for 2019. Why in the world would or should it matter to you whether I own one now!. I've watched enough YouTube videos ( 30 or so) to offer honest opinions on issues people have and how to fix them. Many people don't know things such as how to fix the dead center steering play that is driving some people crazy. (The Jeep Informant). A Jeep mechanic. When I want to purchase something, I often go to Amazon to see reviews even through many of the reviews are from people that haven't purchased that product on Amazon at all. it's a great way to make decisions on purchases regardless of where it were purchased or who owns it. Some people are knowledgeable about things they don't own. like the Brooklyn Bridge. I can talk to a bridge engineer, that I know for hours about his knowledge about that bridge, must he own it. These may not sound like very good analogy's, but the point I'm making is that people can share and learn about a product whether they own it or not. You are essentially being a JEEP SNOB, which many people on here dislike immensely. I had 4 Wranglers I purchased new. Including a 85 CJ-7, (last year), 90, 92, 95, and 97. 2 generations of Jeeps, and perhaps growing up with a Willy's that my parents owned when my dad got out of WW2, which we had when I was born and well into the 70's. I learned to drive standard on that. My friends laughed at our old war Jeep, but I think they might have actually been jealous. Im sure you weren't even born during many of these. So who are you to judge rather then enjoy different opinions regardless of who owns it or not.

TMP

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I am guessing it was because the forum was set up back while people were still speculating about what features the JL would even have--at least a couple of months before they were released.

I don't think it is a big deal for people to join a forum to learn about something. I did the same back before my first time buying a Dobe from a breeder rather than a rescue. Although I really do not get why people belong solely to say they don't like/want a JL. There is a giant list of vehicles I dislike and have opted not to own in my life, but I have never joined a forum to repeatedly announce it.
I have a Doberman and Rubicon, too!

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
When did I become a sucker who falls into the quagmire of being sucked into obvious troll threads?
That is exactly why I have never had a television , nor listened to politicians , which are total quagmires .
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.