Sponsored

How is it possible....for a Forum Member be able to comment, post...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy N Cognito

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi 2.0t
When I was heavily involved with the MINI community(yes, my passion is equally split between Wranglers and MINIs - owned 5 of each over the years!), you could only comment/post on the forum if you were an actual Owner.....I see so many posts and comments on this Forum made by folks that do not even own a JL! (or at least in they do not show JL model in their Bio/garage)......just wondering....
With all due respect...I have belonged to a number of car forums, and never once have I had to prove ownership.
Sponsored

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI
Although I really do not get why people belong solely to say they don't like/want a JL. There is a giant list of vehicles I dislike and have opted not to own in my life, but I have never joined a forum to repeatedly announce it.
:cwl: I keep thinking about this.
Should I join the Prius:angry: forum or the Pontiac :facepalm:Aztec? Man I could really create some havoc :idea:

hutchman

First Name
itufoijo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willy
Should I join the Prius:angry: forum or the Pontiac :facepalm:Aztec? Man I could really create some havoc :idea:
You do know the Pontiac Vibe was the larval stage of tha Aztec don't you?

Now, back to the regularly scheduled BS.

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
Just keeping certain non-JL members from boldly trolling would be a good thing.

imthatguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe Bright White
Occupation
Film Editor
Vehicle Showcase
I have a JLU and my wife has a 2009 Mini cooper S too!! Its funny i went some where recently and was talking to a couple and was walking to our vehicles. Wife got into a mini,husband a Wrangler, and we did the same.
Same! 2016 Cooper S and a 2018 JLUR!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tacoman03

Tacoman03

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR Recon 2022 Bronco Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
Ha Ha, Owning a Wrangler and a Mini must be a thing. Who would of thought? Here's my 2016 S.

IMG_6127.JPG
Uncanny coincidence; I have a Sting Grey Rubi and had a 2016 Cooper(Melting Silver w/black top)…….

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
I swear I almost used the Aztec as my example! :cwl:

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
I've been on here for quite a while and didn't have a JL, but the information I've gathered over the last year plus was invaluable in knowing what to look for when purchasing a JL. That's what car forums are for...sharing information with owners, potential owners, and lessons learned from previous owners. Why anyone would want to lock down a forum to only owners defeats the entire purpose of a forum in the first place.

BTW, became an owner this weekend. Knew exactly what to check for, inspect, and ask about at delivery thanks for all the reading and posting I did before I was a member and thanks to the others who shared their experiences for the benefit of others.

IMG_0424.jpg

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
With all due respect...I have belonged to a number of car forums, and never once have I had to prove ownership.
Exactly this. I’ve been a member of probably 15 or 20. A moderator and/or administrator of 3. Never have I heard of this. Nor would I entertain such a poorly thought out idea. Not only is it completely impossible to do, it’s a bad idea. Even our car club’s forum was open to other people outside our team.

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
To the OP....the real question is: Why do you care and why does it matter?

Sponsored

Zazoh

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting-Gray
Occupation
Software Engineer
Ha Ha, Owning a Wrangler and a Mini must be a thing. Who would of thought? Here's my 2016 S.
I’ve had two mini’s and 4 jeeps. I think because they both do the wave ... kidding. It’s the iconic design and fun to drive.

Mjmi69

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab, 2019 BMW 335, 2018 Jeep Rubicon Recon, 2018 BMW 435i
Occupation
Broker/Owner
I own a 2018 JK, The garage only allows you to show 2 cars, I have learned more about Jeep Wranglers on this forum than all the dealership I have visited and that’s a lot of Dealers. This morning I read in the national news about a recall that has been on this site for months and the forum was credited with this. I will post it below. Thank you to all of the knowledgeable people on here and NEVER make it for JEEP owners only that would be a very bad idea.

Here is the News alert just put out this morning 10/11/18

Consumer Reports has no financial relationship with advertisers on this site.

Fiat Chrysler Automobiles is recalling 18,000 of its 2018 and 2019 Jeep Wrangler JL vehicles because a part could detach from the car’s frame because of a faulty weld and make it difficult to steer.

An FCA spokesman says notices will go out to owners imminently. Dealers will look over recalled vehicles and fix them if necessary, he said, but repairs should be required for only about 700 of the affected Wranglers.

The automaker is also currently notifying dealers about how to repair the problem. Owners can check with their dealer, and if they still have questions, they can call FCA at 800-853-1403.

If the part, a track bar bracket at the front of the vehicle, were to detach, “there would be a noticeable loss of steering response,” says John Ibbotson, chief mechanic for Consumer Reports.

FCA says it is not aware of any injuries or accidents related to this problem. The Wranglers involved were built from late May through early August 2018, the spokesman said.

There has been no official recall announced yet by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the FCA spokesman says, but the recall process is underway. The issue gained steam online when a user on a Wrangler forum posted a notification allegedly sent to Jeep dealers warning them about the problem.

CR will update when the official recall is announced.

I bet you will see it on this forum long before you will see it anywhere else.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Exactly this. I’ve been a member of probably 15 or 20. A moderator and/or administrator of 3. Never have I heard of this. Nor would I entertain such a poorly thought out idea. Not only is it completely impossible to do, it’s a bad idea. Even our car club’s forum was open to other people outside our team.
Exactly !
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.