Sponsored

How in the world does one turn off the radio?

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
The phone ring is that way too. Turn volume knob while it’s ringing. But if your radio reboots, it defaults back to super loud. It’s so loud by default it startles the crap out of me!
Sponsored

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, even the voice commands, can be turned down independant.
But timing is everything, the source you want to adjust volume on MUST be playing at the time.
If your turning the volume knob and the Nav directions stop, you will suddenly be adjusting your music, etc.

NathanG

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I hate FM and satellite radio and never use it. Since the Jeep always defaults to Sat elite, I have it tuned to station 0, it is silent.

Then after waiting twenty seconds after starting the jeep, I click the center button behind the right side of the steering wheel twice slowly, and that selects bluetooth. ( I have a usb drive with music hooked up also. One click selects that.)

I have noticed this car takes a WHILE to connect to bluetooth. Longer than any bluetooth device I own.

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
I hate FM and satellite radio and never use it. Since the Jeep always defaults to Sat elite, I have it tuned to station 0, it is silent.

Then after waiting twenty seconds after starting the jeep, I click the center button behind the right side of the steering wheel twice slowly, and that selects bluetooth. ( I have a usb drive with music hooked up also. One click selects that.)

I have noticed this car takes a WHILE to connect to bluetooth. Longer than any bluetooth device I own.

interesting, mine always starts on the last source I was listening too.

NathanG

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
interesting, mine always starts on the last source I was listening too.
It does except I always use bluetooth. SInce it isnt paired right away it goes back to sirius.

Sponsored

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Weird - my experience is the opposite. Only my 2nd ride with BT connectivity (both Mopar) and this one (I have the 8.4) connects to my iPhone really fast (connected by the time I back out of the garage), way faster than my other one did.

Sierra Nevada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubi JL Unlimited
I have the 8.4 Alpine Premium radio with Nav. The Mute button below the volume dial will turn off radio volume without turning off the screen.

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
Just picked up my 2019 JLUR with 8.4" screen. I cannot figure out how to turn off the radio and have the screen stay on. What if the radio is playing but I no longer want music but do want to use nav - how the heck can I turn off the radio without the screen going black? Am I missing something obvious? Myself, as well as my 16 year old have failed at solving this important 21st century problem .
You can’t. You can mute the sound with the mute button. Everything else works for me. I have the 8.4. 🙄

Barchetta

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JLRX Firecracker 3.6L; (sold) 02 TJ Sahara 2DR
Clubs

I have the 12.3 screen on a 2024 Rubi X. The dashboard Mute button is the solution. Mute the radio (or Sirius) and you still get nav prompts audibly.

I too was confused at first when I wanted to focus on nav and hit the off button expecting the audio to silence and instead the whole screen turned off. But Mute (dashboard) works great for this.

You can also pause the audio (if via Carplay) and that will also work.

One really cool option I like…
Run a navigation (via CarPlay/Apple Maps) and then mute the Maps audio (via the Maps app) and also play Apple Music audio and view the Apple Music app. You then get uninterrupted audio and an audio display with pop up banners of all your turns. I love this if you don’t need aggressive nav help and want to enjoy your music uninterrupted but still get visual turn prompts. You can always jump over to the Apple Map app to see your nav in more detail. And don’t forget you can add nav turns to the center speedometer/tach cluster display as well.

My wife’s DD is a 2022 Kia Telluride which I previously thought was the best ever Audio/Map user experience. I gotta say the 12.3 uconnect beats it at least as far as this CarPlay/maps/audio UI.

Go Jeep!
Sponsored